Gone Missing in Sweden: A “Police Procedural” Mystery.

Go to CruxDreams.com
“Find anything?” asked Hansson, coming up from behind. “The helm was empty.”

“Yeah, I guess I did,” replied Fintväder, scratching himself.

“Well?”

“See for yourself.”
Like the end of an old-school Bond movie! Loved that Barb, what a great tale. Exciting, dramatic twists and turns, and ultimately a heppy ending (so to speak) ... thank you as always Barb for keeping us thoroughly entertained ... I also hope for a sequel!

But many of those names at Ikea are fake Swedish so it won't help much there:jump1:
IKEA is mispronounced in the U.S. (and probably elsewhere) or, more accurately, purposely marketed that way by IKEA, which correctly surmised that the Swedish pronunciation, “eeee-Kay-uh”, would never fly in English-speaking countries..

SLUT (the end)
A-HEM!:nono:

Lox the Eternal Spoilsport comes in!:eek:

"Slut" is the indefinite form of 'end'. "The end" is translated as "Slutet", because in Nordic Germanic languages, the definite article is written as a deflection of the noun.:roto2nuse:

Fintväder stepped up to the cabin entry, took a deep breath, entered stealthily, stopped dead in his tracks, and stared long and hard before retreating back out on deck.

“Find anything?” asked Hansson, coming up from behind. “The helm was empty.”

“Yeah, I guess I did,” replied Fintväder, scratching himself.

“Well?”

“See for yourself.”

Imagine, the ship was actually bugged with a camera! To the pleasure of the Great Leader in Pyong-Yang!:rolleyes:

A-HEM!:nono:

Lox the Eternal Spoilsport comes in!:eek:

"Slut" is the indefinite form of 'end'. "The end" is translated as "Slutet", because in Nordic Germanic languages, the definite article is written as a deflection of the noun.:roto2nuse:

Technically correct, but in Swedish films and other media the indefinite form typically appears at the end.

there was food … of sorts. They had feasted.....on tins of sardines, a box of crackers, and a package of jellied candies,
Seems perfectly adequate to me: protein with fish oils, carbs, more carbs.

I started late so maybe rushed the tale a little, but where was Barb complaining? Was Daddy sober enough to get the good news? And was 'Bulldozer' posted to Kiruna (the most northerly large town in Sweden, well beyond the Arctic Circle)?

So many questions that a sequel with Gun (and Hansson if you must) is eagerly awaited.

I started late so maybe rushed the tale a little, but where was Barb complaining? Was Daddy sober enough to get the good news? And was 'Bulldozer' posted to Kiruna (the most northerly large town in Sweden, well beyond the Arctic Circle)?

So many questions that a sequel with Gun (and Hansson if you must) is eagerly awaited.
Quite so, but if there is a sequel, Gun strikes me as the sought of determined woman who will not tolerate any complaining from Barb.

Bulldozer in disgrace, Björklund with bottles in his drawer, Hansson with soiled pants and something to explain to his wife, Barb to complain about something, Senator Moore becoming president, Miss Merriweather pleasing him from under the Resolute Desk, the deputy rector with a grunt, ...

All is set for the sequel : "The Syndicate Strikes Back!":icon_writing:

And thank you, Barb for this great, fantastic, entertaining story you have offered us!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Back
Top Bottom