Great Pics Found By Phlebas And Other

Go to CruxDreams.com
is it one of those 3D puzzle things? I can pick out the girl but I don't see no damn tractor

Tree

...well, maybe if I drank somemore...
y're right tree i see even just that girl nude

...I drank somemore and she is sill naked but I don't see no damn tractor...

T

:D

And to help keep us back on track..some more phlebas....how did you arrive at that name?

Attachments

• 0005-ph005.jpg
    0005-ph005.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 1,912
  • 0006-ph006.jpg
    0006-ph006.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,903
  • 0007-ph007.jpg
    0007-ph007.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,984
  • 0008-ph008.jpg
    0008-ph008.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 2,000
T.S.Eliot, The Waste Land?​

IV. DEATH BY WATER​
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead,​
Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep seas swell​
And the profit and loss.​
A current under sea​
Picked his bones in whispers. As he rose and fell​
He passed the stages of his age and youth​
Entering the whirlpool.​
Gentile or Jew​
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,​
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.​

T.S.Eliot, The Waste Land?​

IV. DEATH BY WATER​
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead,​
Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep seas swell​
And the profit and loss.​
A current under sea​
Picked his bones in whispers. As he rose and fell​
He passed the stages of his age and youth​
Entering the whirlpool.​
Gentile or Jew​
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,​
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.​

Indirectly. The day I created what I didn't realise would become my long term identity, I was sitting at my desk, with bookshelves above it, trying to think of a name, and on one of the shelves was Iain Banks' novel Consider Phlebas. It happens I am fond of both Elliot and Banks. Since then Look to Windward has become another of Banks' book titles.

Talk about memory lane. The first 4 of those were created with an early version of Paint Shop Pro with no layers. PH005 is my favourite of this early group. PH007 was inspired by a poem by Dr Mabuse, and had some (then) technical challenges for me. Many if not most of these early pics came with a short text giving a background story. Eventually these became stand alone stories, though I haven't written one for a long time now.

Ah, happy days.

Have you still got the stories?..as you may have noticed I am very much into archiving and collecting stories. Pics with a story are far more interesting.
Will post more.

Have you still got the stories?..as you may have noticed I am very much into archiving and collecting stories. Pics with a story are far more interesting.
Will post more.
Yes, should have them somewhere. I'm a hoarder rather than an archivist, so I'll need to hunt for them.
Do you have ph102 and/or ph104? I lost these in a hard disk crash and have never been able to find them again. Lost quite a few of the original psp files, too.
Here's an alternative version of ph002

Attachments

• ph002di.jpg
    ph002di.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,609
Found this, it's the earliest I have, goes with ph008.jpg - dates from August 2000

Now there would be one fewer in the world.
Grim dealt such an end to every christian he encountered. Many even welcomed it! A strange people, he had no stomach for these followers of the White Christ. Weak and stupid, theirs was no religion for a warrior, no, and he had no wish to see his people twisted by it.
Look at this one, upon the agony wood. Too thin for his liking, chest heaving, legs quivering, young juices flowing in her death passion. Blood and water, life and death. Even her secret places are moist with excitement, though she shrank from his touch when he examined her. Now her final intimacy would be with this rough stake under the cold sky.
Stupid girl, she would soon follow her christ in this undignified death. A waste. He could have used her around the farmstead, and doubtless she would have served to warm his bed in winter, but no, impossible for such as she.
It is said that one eyed Odin, Grim's patron among the gods, once found wisdom on a tree. Perhaps this one, who had chosen to look to the south for her guidance, would also find wisdom before the end.
No matter to him. Gather the booty, and away home.

Back to some old finds

Attachments

• I_Died_For_Your_Sins_1_by_Gameslut.jpg
    I_Died_For_Your_Sins_1_by_Gameslut.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,838
  • I_Died_For_Your_Sins_2_by_Gameslut.jpg
    I_Died_For_Your_Sins_2_by_Gameslut.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,702
  • shack090804.jpg
    shack090804.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,731
  • MC12.jpg
    MC12.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,884
I'll post what I have although I suspect they may well have been renumbered over the years.

Attachments

• 0009-ph009.jpg
    0009-ph009.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,711
  • 0010-ph010.jpg
    0010-ph010.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,627
  • 0011-ph011.jpg
    0011-ph011.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,754
  • 0012-ph012.jpg
    0012-ph012.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,746
Back to some old finds
the gal in shack0908o4 is pissed off not because she's bound to the cross but her cellphone is in the purse on the floor and she knows she's missing text messages...

Tree

...it is illegal to text and crux in Missouri...

Ah yes, all old friends. PH010 was a (5th?) birthday for Crux. PH012 was a quicky inspired by the 2000 Olympics. I had more time to spend on details then, constructing my own crosses etc. Struggle to find the time now.

I can plug the gaps, Melissa, if you like

Ah yes, all old friends. PH010 was a (5th?) birthday for Crux. PH012 was a quicky inspired by the 2000 Olympics. I had more time to spend on details then, constructing my own crosses etc. Struggle to find the time now.

I can plug the gaps, Melissa, if you like
not alone our beloved moderator...............but we all:D

Back
Top Bottom