Great Pics Found By Phlebas And Other

Go to CruxDreams.com
Thanks for finding the source.
Actually, I'm pretty impressed!

But then, I get excited about oatmeal for breakfast. . . .

How do you do that reverse image search, Lukash?

On Google Images there is a camera button called something like "Picture Search" (mine isn't in English). Then you can upload an image and about half of the time Google finds pages with the same image.

On Google Images there is a camera button called something like "Picture Search" (mine isn't in English). Then you can upload an image and about half of the time Google finds pages with the same image.
Thanks! Sounds like a great tool.
The other half the time, it finds sheer bugger-all and links you to random pictures of girls in lingerie. :rolleyes:

For Number 7 a reverse image search finds this spanish site: https://cinedivergente.com/the-other-side-of-the-underneath/. The movie is called The Other Side of the Underneath.

The scene in question isn't too impressive though:
Lesson one: Crucify your victim somewhere vaguely close to where you want to raise her. It saves an awful lot of heavy carrying.:rolleyes:

Lesson two: dig a hole before you try raising the cross. It really isn't going to stand up by itself. :doh:

They should have come to Crux Forums. We'd have shown them how it's done! :D

Apparently, the movie is experimental cinema, and is supposed to take the viewer through the schizophrenic mentality of the protagonist, which would explain why she goes straight from sex in a meadow to being crucified by a bunch of semi-nude women with almost no segue at all. Mind you, I don't suppose we are watching for plot. :rolleyes:;):D
They should have come to Crux Forums. We'd have shown them how it's done!
Right! We are watching this movie with a technical and critical eye. :cool::confused::doh::D

For Number 7 a reverse image search finds this spanish site: https://cinedivergente.com/the-other-side-of-the-underneath/. The movie is called The Other Side of the Underneath.

The scene in question isn't too impressive though:

Lesson one: Crucify your victim somewhere vaguely close to where you want to raise her. It saves an awful lot of heavy carrying.:rolleyes:
Obviously what's going on here isn't according to best practice of judicial punishment ...

interestingly, the whole bit about "victim is fixed to the cross and then gets carried around / towards the place of suffering" is something that often appears in my imaginations and I've written it into stories here on CF too.

It turns the whole thing more into a ritual procession ...
it probably isn't what you'd do with a common criminal or runaway slave,
but if it's a more ritualistic/sacrifice thing, I think it can be emotionally very powerful.

It can also symbolize that the victim/sacrifice is literally 'carried over to the other side' by the people performing the ritual ...
away from the community, to the place of sacrifice.

Lesson two: dig a hole before you try raising the cross. It really isn't going to stand up by itself. :doh:

Quite obviously ... but again there's an interesting component if you view it from the ritualistic side.

Obviously there is a lot more suffering going on when the cross is raised, than when it's lying flat on the ground.

Let's say you purposefully have a situation where the cross isn't seated in any kind of hole or socket,
but it has to be continuously held up and balanced by a group of volunteers ...
all by their own strength, for as long as you want the ordeal to continue (a day and a night? till death?)

Obviously these 'Upholders of the Cross' will tire out after a while,
so you have to continuously switch them out to give them time to recover,
and bring in new ones.

That means a quite large group of people out of the community has to willingly participate in 'Upholding the Cross' until the end.
(in the film of course it's very short, and symbolic)

So it isn't something that's just done by a 'carnifex' and some assistants ... and then people just sit back and watch and the cross does its work ...

but it's a continuous volunteer effort out of a larger group.
Again, for a judicial punishment 'do it and then it runs its course' is what you want,

but for a ritualistic event this 'balancing the cross' in a way,
binds members of the cult community by having them all participating as 'Upholders of the Cross'
... it's an interesting idea from a symbolic perspective.

Here's some more info on the film ... if opened up full size the text should be readable

01.png02.png03.png04.png05.png

Obviously what's going on here isn't according to best practice of judicial punishment ...

interestingly, the whole bit about "victim is fixed to the cross and then gets carried around / towards the place of suffering" is something that often appears in my imaginations and I've written it into stories here on CF too.

It turns the whole thing more into a ritual procession ...
it probably isn't what you'd do with a common criminal or runaway slave,
but if it's a more ritualistic/sacrifice thing, I think it can be emotionally very powerful.

It can also symbolize that the victim/sacrifice is literally 'carried over to the other side' by the people performing the ritual ...
away from the community, to the place of sacrifice.

Quite obviously ... but again there's an interesting component if you view it from the ritualistic side.

Obviously there is a lot more suffering going on when the cross is raised, than when it's lying flat on the ground.

Let's say you purposefully have a situation where the cross isn't seated in any kind of hole or socket,
all by their own strength, for as long as you want the ordeal to continue (a day and a night? till death?)

and bring in new ones.

That means a quite large group of people out of the community has to willingly participate in 'Upholding the Cross' until the end.

So it isn't something that's just done by a 'carnifex' and some assistants ... and then people just sit back and watch and the cross does its work ...

but it's a continuous volunteer effort out of a larger group.
Again, for a judicial punishment 'do it and then it runs its course' is what you want,

but for a ritualistic event this 'balancing the cross' in a way,
binds members of the cult community by having them all participating as 'Upholders of the Cross'
... it's an interesting idea from a symbolic perspective.

Here's some more info on the film ... if opened up full size the text should be readable

View attachment 910310View attachment 910311View attachment 910312View attachment 910313View attachment 910314
That'll teach me to focus on the technicalities! :doh::)

and bring in new ones.

This sounds very complicated. Ritual is often extremely tedious. All this upholding of the cross is going to cut into our drinks time.

01.png02.png03.png04.png05.png
Additional information (personal opinion here) about the film is that it's almost unwatchable, except as a sort of "performance art" piece. If it was indeed to symbolize the schizophrenic mentality of the protagonist, it captures that quite well, but most of it seems a bit silly.

Last edited:
This sounds very complicated. Ritual is often extremely tedious. All this upholding of the cross is going to cut into our drinks time.
Of course only members of the cult need participate.
And rituals sometimes have an amount of arbitrary complexity just to make them seem special and set apart from the mundane ;)
Additional information (personal opinion here) about the film is that it's almost unwatchable, except as a sort of "performance art" piece. If it was indeed to symbolize the schizophrenic mentality of the protagonist, it captures that quite well, but most of it seems a bit silly.
It's certainly not intended or digestible as any kind of narrative.
And it's very much of its time and certain ideas that were bouncing around.
The Penny Slinger text does give some background on what the participants felt they were doing...
(that is one of the members of the original cast who is still around to comment.)
Obviously the crux scene in here isn't intended to compete in the same market segment as for instance an Alex Bald video ...

View attachment 910923 #6 (cover of a novel published in 1930)

View attachment 910924 Scene from the movie 'Hero of Babylon' (1962).
Well I guess if multiple independent sources report it, we can now consider it established fact that 'getting whipped on an X-cross' was a thing in Babylon. Whether 'nude except for floating magic crotch-concealing gauze' or clothed, is not yet clearly decided.

Well I guess if multiple independent sources report it, we can now consider it established fact that 'getting whipped on an X-cross' was a thing in Babylon. Whether 'nude except for floating magic crotch-concealing gauze' or clothed, is not yet clearly decided.
And that Babylonian soldier doing the whipping looks pretty "iron age" to me. Quite an advanced civilization then, the Babylonians.

And much artwork, through the 19th century attests to the existence in older times of convenient bits of gauze, which apparently came to the aid of anyone caught out in the elements without proper attire. See, for example, this video at about 5:05 and following.

Seems like I have competition,in the skinny, pathetic,crucified wretch stakes....lol
View attachment 910752

He is very skinny, and the subject of a number of great crux and bondage pictures, and a few manips. I might post some of them here or in the male crux threads, but this one is a great manip based on a great photo
bazzcrux.jpg

I believe the following set came from the old Crucified Women site

1 of 3
t2131002.jpgt2131001.jpgt2131003.jpgt2131004.jpgt2131005.jpgt2131006.jpgt2131007.jpgt2131008.jpgt2131009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom