Harem Girls

Go to CruxDreams.com
No pictures, but I thought these old black and white short movies would fit the topic.

I find the time period of these films very interesting.

Active slave markets still existed in Central Asia well into the late 1800s. This especially affected Eastern Europeans as Eastern European males were considered superior to all others as manual labor (and while European women were certainly grabbed Persian women were considered the top tier pleasure slaves). The suppression and eventual (official) elimination of this slave trade was a conjunctive activity to the "Great Game" between Britain and Russia in that area of the world. Russia was much more active in this suppression because they were conquering the region and it was their eastern populations that were most affected.

Also "Turkish" slave raids continued along the Mediterranean coast and nearby Atlantic shipping until after the Napoleonic Wars.

So there was VERY active slave trading directly affecting Europeans less than 100 years before these films were shot. (And we haven't even touched on "New" World related slave trade activities or the last known 'official' slave camp in Ghana (I think that is where it is located) that wasn't shut down until 1905, etc, etc.).

I also find it amusing that the films are a lot less "prudish" than films produced much later on about similar subjects by Anglo-Saxon cultures.

kisses

willowfall

Back
Top Bottom