Harem Girls

Go to CruxDreams.com

Eulalia

Poet Laureate
Staff member
Melissa - bless her the work she's doing restoring stuff we lost in the crash is magnificent! flower1
has posted a thread of MermaidHunter's great images​
including some delicious 'harem girls'.​
I think that's a lovely theme for one of our Fantasy Unlimited threads,​
hope guys and girls will reveal their favourite oriental imaginings,​
in pictures, verse or prose.​
A selection for starters​
dancerina.jpg scimitar.jpgharem_girl_love.jpg
HaremGirlsWide.jpgharem_flower.jpgbath.jpgoffered.jpgRamsès_dans_son_harem.jpgharem-suare.jpgHarem_Girl_Pinup.jpg

Hum I know I am probably supposed to come up with a tale here as a rodent writer at court :p

Still one particular image of the hot under the collar Orientalist harem imagining that has always stirred my juices is the massed bathing scene

Jean-Leon Gerome-baths.jpg JLGheron.jpg TurkishBathsJean-Auguste Dominique Ingres.jpg Here a couple by Jean-Leon Gerome and one by Jean-Auguste Dominque Ingres

Of course if they want to while away the hours between baths dancing for each other or for me I shan't object

gerome dancinggirl.jpg

:D

A bondage harem is the only way to go for me. :confused:

Attachments

• Cold_as_iron_by_PitchBLACK_Art.jpg
    Cold_as_iron_by_PitchBLACK_Art.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 1,442
  • Gor_is_Harsh_by_Blades_123.jpg
    Gor_is_Harsh_by_Blades_123.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 1,436
  • tumblr_m817gxEI1y1qmrfflo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_m817gxEI1y1qmrfflo1_1280.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,405
  • bbbbb.jpeg
    bbbbb.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,311
  • 4722656_together_by_x_ret-d5l6ijd.jpg
    4722656_together_by_x_ret-d5l6ijd.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 1,264
  • 7hentai_kitty-d3425mp.jpg
    7hentai_kitty-d3425mp.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 1,235
  • corset5.jpeg
    corset5.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,395
  • harem_11_by_killy972-d63hcch.jpg
    harem_11_by_killy972-d63hcch.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 1,545
  • harem_05_by_killy972-d5d52zu.jpg
    harem_05_by_killy972-d5d52zu.jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 1,585
2.80 Studies In Cruciform 2.80

I must have thousands of these - the Victorian "Orientalist" School couldn't produce these canvasses fast enough - European 'gentlemen' could proudly and respectably festoon their salons with the works of legitimate, established painters and at the same time ogle the naked cuties.
Life was good!

My favourite period is about the turn of the century, when the painters had to give way to intrepid photographers tramping foreign climes where, for a sou, they could get native girls to drop their tops and, if they were charming enough, persuade the local Sheikh to open his harem to the cameras. The competition quickly became pretty fierce - there was a surprising amount of money to be made in the dirty postcard trade.

The last two are interesting, #9 is a slave-girl who apparently has misbehaved and is tied up, waiting to be whipped.

#10, a young Tunisian prostitute who, by the look in her eyes and the nature of her dress, is dreaming of the day when RR will come to her rescue. (date 1903)
603_-_~1.JPG705_-_Le_curieux.jpg710_JEUNE_FEMME_ARABE.jpg729_ETUDE_ACAD_MIQUE_ORIENT.jpg745_B_DOUINE.jpg921_BEDOUINE.jpgC8125_MAURESQUE_DE_BOU_SAAD.jpgC8166_MAURESQUES_PRENANT_LE.jpgx652449772512e517cd0d0b075544629_orig.jpgy10_rudolflehnert_ernstlandrock_transparenz-web.jpg
Ego Stipes Ergo Sum

This is an excellent thread. As many folk will be aware Damian used many high resolution Orientalist paintings as backgrounds for his work. I think the artists took a great deal of pleasure in their subject matter without being accused of being perverts, as our Rodent pointed out. I've sometimes wondered if they produced little drawings and paintings for viewing by a "members only" gentleman's club.

what surprises me - apart from the seemingly endless versions of similar themes,​
is that so many artists were producing paintings like these well into the 20th century -​
I'd thought of Orientalism as (in English terms) a Victorian or at latest Edwardian fashion.​
e favourite.jpgansen-hoffmann.jpgpilny-otto-1866-1936-the-horse-or-the-slave.jpgAdam Styka 1890-1959.jpgDesert_Seduction.jpgNude_Orientalist.jpgAdrien Henri Tanoux.jpgAftertheBath FrederickArthurBridgeman.jpgchasseriau.jpg
#3 'the horse or the slave?'​
shows a rare glint of humour :D

a couple of holiday postcards​
moorish bath.jpgmassage.jpg

I have more than 1.000 of them all of them damian and friends:D

Clicking on the Gerome link in RR's post
revealed to me just how many of Damien's backgrounds are from that one artist.

Clicking on the Gerome link in RR's post
revealed to me just how many of Damien's backgrounds are from that one artist.
yep and they were used by damian and all other cruxmanip guys

yep and they were used by damian and all other cruxmanip guys

Well he did have a large and impressive body of work applicable to our favourite topics and so if its available, why not avail yourself of the talents of a master :D

There was a time in the US where the only way artists, producers, directors and etc. could get by with showing an exposed female abdomen (Although belly buttons completely w ere out of the question.) was to depict Harem Girls. They were usually abducted Caucasian females and they appeared in everything from advertisements for men's shirts to comedy movies. Sex sells; it always did and it seems likely to me it will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Back in the 1940s and early 50s when I was a lad (Started trying to draw nude women about age 13; so I was probably healthy mentally.) a lot less of the female body was allowed to be exposed in public. People thought it was scandalous that Actress Betty Grable was showing her legs in 1940 (They were insured for a million Dollars US.) and they became an Icon during WWII. The US was and in many places continues to be one of the most sexually retarded places on Earth. The furor over the Bikini was ridicules. So... I say thank God for Harem Girls; otherwise I may have never attempted to be an artist.
Helmut

SG131aa.JPG
This one is from a comic book I believe was published in the Mid 1940s. called "Slave Girl".

There was a time in the US where the only way artists, producers, directors and etc. could get by with showing an exposed female abdomen (Although belly buttons completely w ere out of the question.) was to depict Harem Girls. They were usually abducted Caucasian females and they appeared in everything from advertisements for men's shirts to comedy movies. Sex sells; it always did and it seems likely to me it will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Back in the 1940s and early 50s when I was a lad (Started trying to draw nude women about age 13; so I was probably healthy mentally.) a lot less of the female body was allowed to be exposed in public. People thought it was scandalous that Actress Betty Grable was showing her legs in 1940 (They were insured for a million Dollars US.) and they became an Icon during WWII. The US was and in many places continues to be one of the most sexually retarded place on Earth. The furor over the Bikini was ridicules. So... I say thank God for Harem Girls; otherwise I may have never attempted to be an artist.
Helmut

View attachment 75354
This one is from a comic book I believe was published in the Mid 1940s. called "Slave Girl".
what a luckey day.....................first time I can say that is before my time:D:rolleyes:
to start here some called Roman Decadence i found them in 2007 and 2008
romandecadence4.jpgromandecadence5.jpgromandecadence6.jpgromandecadence7.jpgromandecadence10.jpg

romandecadence11.jpgromandecadence15.jpgromandecadence17.jpgromandecadence19.jpgromandecadence20.jpg

next ones of the Roman Decadence (The pics mostly with stories)​
decadence is always a good sign :p
but lets keep this thread to the sensuous pleasures of the harem -​
they seem to be proving a rich source - thanks to all who've contributed so far -​
am I the only member of the "weaker sex" that revels in such dreams?​

Back
Top Bottom