Hark the Herald Angels Whinge

Go to CruxDreams.com

Wragg

Chronicler of Crux
Staff member
“Come in!” Jollyrei looked up at the sound of the chimes to see who craved admission to his inner sanctum.

“Beg your pardon, Lord Jollyrei, Your Magnificence, but His Mighty Eminence the Most High Archangel Bobinder bade me to present you with his compliments, and to ask you to call on him when you have a moment.” Wragg shuffled uneasily, eyes downwards, lest he be dazzled by the aura of the vastly superior Angelus Mortis.

Jollyrei fluttered his wings with irritation. In the vastness of Eternity, ‘when you have a moment’ meant ‘right now this instant’. But since Bobinder was the Executive Chief Operating Angel, answerable only to the Boss Himself, Jollyrei had no option to comply.

“Thank you, Wragg. That’ll be all.” Wragg fluttered off back to his harp-tuning duties, and Jollyrei slid the sign on the golden door that said ‘Director of Death And Eternal Destiny’ over to ‘out’. He beat his mighty wings and began the ascent towards Upper Heaven.

Bobinder, unlike himself, had a Personal Assistant, an angel by the name of Messaline. If Jollyrei was being honest (and being an Archangel he was always that), he would have admitted that part of the reason for his speedy response to Bobinder’s summons was that it would give him a chance to chat up Messaline.

Messaline, so it was said, had been an outstandingly beautiful mortal, but now she was an angel she was truly one of the Seven Wonders of the Universe. Any entity, from the deity on down to the lowliest demon in the Boiler Room downstairs, if prompted by the question ‘who is the most beautiful angel in Heaven?’ would unhesitatingly respond, “Oh, that’s Messaline, Bob’s PA”. She had looks that would melt the heart of a statue, and, when she spoke, her soft lilting French accent made you feel as though your own personal choir was singing into your ear.

“Lord Jollyrei! What a pleasure it is to see you!” she sang. Jollyrei was grateful for his eternal life, a mortal could not have stood that, but would have dropped dead from sheer pleasure on the spot. For that very reason, Messaline was banned from going anyway near any planet in the universe that had mortal life on it.

“The pleasure, Madame, is entirely mine.” Jollyrei bent and kissed her extended hand. His lips tingled, and, when he involuntarily licked them, he could taste the sweetest honey. Unfortunately, Messaline had withdrawn her hand, so the opportunity to repeat the experience was denied him, leaving him with no option but to say what was on his mind.

“I don’t suppose you’re free for dinner tonight? I can get a table for two at The Golden Platter?”

“I am very sorry, but my Lord Bobinder does not permit me much leisure time…”

‘I bet he doesn’t,’ sulked Jollyrei. Aloud, he said, “I understand that His Mighty Eminence wishes to see me?”

Messaline assumed an attitude of prayer. Who needs intercoms in Heaven? Presently she sang, “Please go in, Your Lordship!”

Reluctantly, Jollyrei dragged himself away from Messaline, and strolled into Bob’s office.

“Hi Bob! How’s things?” Fortunately, communication was a little more relaxed among the archangels.

“Great, thanks Jollyrei! There’s a bit of trouble over on Siluria, but otherwise all is calm, all is bright. And how’s the Death and Eternal Destiny department? Calmed down after the riot last week?”

Jollyrei grinned. A whole group of ‘Martyrs’, each expecting to be assigned seven Vestal Virgins, had not taken their eternal assignment to the boiler room particularly well. “It would make life easier for my frontline angels if only mortal priests wouldn’t fill their followers’ minds with such…” he paused, struggling to find a word suitable for a conversation between archangels.

“Bullshit?” Bob had no such scruples.

“As you mention it, Bob, I can’t think of a better word. But Eulalia, on the sorting desk, and Apostate and Madiosi, the Gatekeepers, are more than equal to the challenge. Firm but polite. They don’t stand for any nonsense.”

“It’s good to have the Pearly Gates in such capable hands,” agreed Bob. “Anyhow, I have a favour to ask.”

“Fire away!”

“There’s another planet that needs saving, I’m afraid. Sol 3. They call it ‘Earth’”

“That rings a bell, I think Wragg comes from there. So does Barb.”

“Barb? Well, that might explain why it needs saving.”

“Is it the same routine as usual? Being born as a mortal, living in poverty, then crucifixion and resurrection? I can’t spare any angels for that, I’m afraid. There’s an earthquake due on Cardoggan IV next Friday.”

“There’ll be nuclear war on Siluria, too, the way things are going,” grunted Bob. “No, nothing like that. The Boss has that covered. I just need a Heavenly Choir to announce the birth.”

Jollyrei was delighted. If there was one thing he loved, it was a spot of choral music. “Oh, that’s fine, Bob. I’m happy to help. I’ll take Wragg and Barb with me, they’ll know the way. I’ll do bass, Barb can sing soprano, and Wragg tenor. Wragg can accompany us on his harp. Name the time and place, and we’ll be there!”

“Overnight on December 24th, Bethlehem. Thanks Jollyrei!”

To be continued

Jollyrei was delighted. If there was one thing he loved, it was a spot of choral music. “Oh, that’s fine, Bob. I’m happy to help. I’ll take Wragg and Barb with me, they’ll know the way. I’ll do bass, Barb can sing soprano, and Wragg tenor. Wragg can accompany us on his harp. Name the time and place, and we’ll be there!”

“Overnight on December 24th, Bethlehem. Thanks Jollyrei!”
Hopefully these celestial singers will be in tune for their impromptu performance in Pennsylvania. Once they have taken their curtain call, they can return - fait accompli.
It all sounds pretty straightforward to me. :)

Hark, the Herald Angels whinge,
“Missed another Christmas binge!
While you lot all stuff your faces,
We must keep our heavenly places.
Not for us those turkey dinners,
They’re reserved for mortal sinners,
Pigs in blankets, Christmas pud,
Roast potatoes smell so good..
God! I’m hungry, being celestial
Is no fun when beings bestial
Gorge themselves in front of you,
Christ is born, etcetera, phew.”

Messaline, so it was said, had been an outstandingly beautiful mortal, but now she was an angel she was truly one of the Seven Wonders of the Universe. Any entity, from the deity on down to the lowliest demon in the Boiler Room downstairs, if prompted by the question ‘who is the most beautiful angel in Heaven?’ would unhesitatingly respond, “Oh, that’s Messaline, Bob’s PA”. She had looks that would melt the heart of a statue, and, when she spoke, her soft lilting French accent made you feel as though your own personal choir was singing into your ear.
Ooooooooh ! That's too much ! ...

01.jpg :rolleyes:

I’m not going to argue with that.. though of course we would need to see all of CF’s cruxgirls crucified together (again) just to be sure :p
Believe me, being crucified with just 7 of them is quite invigorating!

Ding dong merrily on high,
On crosses they are hanging,
Those we Romans crucify,
With nails and hammers clanging!

Glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ria, Crucifixa nail-oh,
Glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ria, Crucifixa nai-ail-oh.

Ding dong, nail her through the wrists,
Enjoy her strangled screams, oh.
Flog her hard if she resists,
She’s tougher than she seems, oh.

(chorus)

Ding dong, nailing both her feet,
To the stipes at each side, oh.
Makes her suffering complete,
And keeps her knees spread wide, oh.

(Chorus)

Ding dong, what a pretty sight,
Her writhing, choking, crying.
Seems the bitch is full of fight,
She might be three days dying.

(Chorus)

Ding dong here’s a good idea,
A cornu up her ass, oh.
This will help her, it is clear,
Another day to pass, oh.

(chorus)

Ding dong, have a merry time,
E’en in such circumstances,
Watch the bitch pay for her crime,
In torturous crux-dances.

:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:

I’ll take Wragg and Barb with me, they’ll know the way. I’ll do bass, Barb can sing soprano, and Wragg tenor. Wragg can accompany us on his harp.
The Crux Angels will perform in Christmas Eve!:band:

I just need a Heavenly Choir to announce the birth.”
A birth announcement sung by the Angelus Mortis? Not an encouraging start for one's life!:eek::facepalm:

Barb can sing
:facepalm:

There’s an earthquake due on Cardoggan IV next Friday.”
Cardogganquake?

Prickles dont afraid me ; even if they are converted into crucifixion'nails, it excite my libido !
Anyway, I'll always be the best crucified woman !

View attachment 1102973 :ole:
Of course, the loincloth is only to protect your crucifiers. It will be removed once you are raise to fully show your beauty!!!
crux 530 A.jpg

FACT FILE: Salvation throughout the Universe.

Throughout the universe there are myriads of populated planets where one or more species have become capable of conscious thought. In nearly every case these sentient beings soon get out of line and start indulging in deeds such as fornication, lust, anger, greed, and the writing of highly blasphemous stories. This can seriously impact on the recruitment of angels to Upper Heaven, and, if too many mortals end up in the boiler room, it then gets too hot in Heaven and Bobinder, for one, can’t get a decent night’s sleep.

And so it is that the populations on each and every one of these planets require Salvation. There is only one ultimate deity, and, once He’d hit upon a scheme that worked for enough of the population to keep things in the Afterlife nicely balanced, He used the same system pretty much everywhere.

It may also surprise you to learn that, at some stage in their development towards civilisation, just about every species comes up with a method of humiliating their enemies by removing any vestments, and attaching them directly to some convenient material so that they can be displayed as an example while they die slowly so that the rest of the population can bloody well behave themselves.

Get over it, Earthlings, neither salvation nor crucifixion are unique to your planet. Sorry.

In terms of planetary timescales, the window of opportunity for using crucifixion as a method of salvation is fairly limited, punishments for crimes move forward, and it is rather challenging to set up a religion on the basis of someone who has been unjustly given an antisocial behaviour order and forty hours of community service.

The prevalence of bipeds among these sentient species is remarkable, and this greatly speeds up the process of crucifixion, with only three or four fixings being required. It is problematic to find volunteers from among the Heavenly Host for deaths that are more prolonged than six hours. It took four millennia to find someone prepared to save Cor Caroli IX, where the inhabitants have sixty-six manipulatory appendages and a further forty-two legs, and nailing that lot to anything is a day’s work for any squad. By the time an angel named Kathy had been persuaded to volunteer for this appalling torture, Cor Caroli IX had been wiped out by a devastating nuclear war after a president had mistakenly allowed one of his 330 digits to make contact with a red button. Jollyrei and his team were on double shifts for a fortnight, and Bob didn’t sleep for a year until the boiler room cooled down a bit.

Kathy was rather relieved, but the Boss was not amused.

So now, when the Guv’nor says that a planet needs saving, the whole of Heaven jumps to it. Even Messaline struggles to put up with Bob when he gets no sleep.

And, Gentle Reader, you now understand why the entire Kingdom of Heaven was so anxious to support this latest endeavour.

It may also surprise you to learn that, at some stage in their development towards civilisation, just about every species comes up with a method of humiliating their enemies by removing any vestments, and attaching them directly to some convenient material so that they can be displayed as an example while they die slowly so that the rest of the population can bloody well behave themselves.
Well, that certainly explains everything. Like I’ve always said, CruxForums can be soooo educational!

In the bleak dark dungeon,
Barb was made to groan.
The cane was hard as iron,
The whip tipped with a stone.
The lash had fallen,
Lash on lash, lash on lash,
In the bleak dark dungeon,
Not so long ago.
@Barbaria1 - spoiled again, huh? What’s that song? All I want for Christmas is my two tumescent globes whipped and caned?

Something like that…. Jealousy is my curse!

Back
Top Bottom