Hometown.

Go to CruxDreams.com
Hello everyone

Is there anybody in my area , who would crucify me? I'm fascinated and strongly attract by crucifixion scenes. This since my late puberty. Maybe this thread will be integrated in a other one.
Well it would help if you'd tell us where your area is ;)

I once had a girl friend who really studied some time in this tower in Jena which belonged to the University of Jena in those times:

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.11.20_20h56m18s_005_.jpg Is this still a part of the University Jena there?

By the way: buildings in Germany. I am living today not so far away from the very oldest building in Germany: Ashampoo_Snap_2021.11.20_21h02m51s_006_.jpg

Hard to believe that in this same building, there were really once standing historical persons like Roman emperors, plundering Vikings, German kings and emperors, Napoleon I., Karl Marx, someone with the today in Germany very unusual name "Adolf", French and US American generals, Charles de Gaulle, Konrad Adenauer and all German chancellors after WW II.

And this building is really still an astonishing high monument, when you look today out of a window in the highest 3rd floor in the right tower into my city of today:

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.11.20_21h16m51s_007_.jpg 1.851 years ago, this city most probably looked like this into the same direction: Ashampoo_Snap_2021.11.20_21h23m54s_008_.jpg

I think, there are really in Europe north of the Alps not so many stone buildings which are 1.851 years old and in which you still can walk over different floors admiring the Roman military genius of a monumental city gate. For example, inside there could be two hidden giant metal gates left falling down on the north and south side which could lock in probably around a hundred attackers and Roman guards and archers could then easily fight against and kill them from the inside galleries above them. Between 293 - 392 A.D., my city once was one of four capitals of the Roman empire and temporarily the residence of the Roman emperor.

And what I like very much today, you can make voyages away from and to this German city almost as easily as away and back to Rome: ;)

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.11.20_20h43m51s_001_.jpgAshampoo_Snap_2021.11.20_20h45m16s_002_.jpgAshampoo_Snap_2021.11.20_20h46m07s_003_.jpg And because I like "brain teasers", if you do not know the name by now from your history lessons in school, you can find the name of my city written in the 3rd picture above on the building in the corner down right, which is the tourist center.

I was not born here but I lived most of my life here and I love this city very much although I still do not really understand every word of the original German dialect here.

I once had a girl friend who really studied some time in this tower in Jena which belonged to the University of Jena in those times:

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.11.20_20h56m18s_005_.jpg Is this still a part of the University Jena there?
No, the building no longer belongs to Friedrich Schiller University Jena. The university used the building until 1995. After the renovation in 2000, Intershop Communications AG was the main tenant who left the building in 2019. However, the building is now well used again. At a height of 120 m there is a hotel and at the top there is a viewing platform and a restaurant. Incidentally, opposite is the former main Zeiss factory with the first high-rise building that was built in Germany, the 43 m high "Building 15" which was completed in 1915.
And you are living in Trier actually!

And here is a photo taken from the Jentower over part of the city
nice-view.jpg

View attachment 1091287 Is this still a part of the University Jena there?

By the way: buildings in Germany. I am living today not so far away from the very oldest building in Germany: View attachment 1091288

Hard to believe that in this same building, there were really once standing historical persons like Roman emperors, plundering Vikings, German kings and emperors, Napoleon I., Karl Marx, someone with the today in Germany very unusual name "Adolf", French and US American generals, Charles de Gaulle, Konrad Adenauer and all German chancellors after WW II.

And this building is really still an astonishing high monument, when you look today out of a window in the highest 3rd floor in the right tower into my city of today:

View attachment 1091299 1.851 years ago, this city most probably looked like this into the same direction: View attachment 1091300

I think, there are really in Europe north of the Alps not so many stone buildings which are 1.851 years old and in which you still can walk over different floors admiring the Roman military genius of a monumental city gate. For example, inside there could be two hidden giant metal gates left falling down on the north and south side which could lock in probably around a hundred attackers and Roman guards and archers could then easily fight against and kill them from the inside galleries above them. Between 293 - 392 A.D., my city once was one of four capitals of the Roman empire and temporarily the residence of the Roman emperor.

And what I like very much today, you can make voyages away from and to this German city almost as easily as away and back to Rome: ;)

View attachment 1091301View attachment 1091302View attachment 1091303 And because I like "brain teasers", if you do not know the name by now from your history lessons in school, you can find the name of my city written in the 3rd picture above on the building in the corner down right, which is the tourist center.

I was not born here but I lived most of my life here and I love this city very much although I still do not really understand every word of the original German dialect here.
No, the building no longer belongs to Friedrich Schiller University Jena. The university used the building until 1995. After the renovation in 2000, Intershop Communications AG was the main tenant who left the building in 2019. However, the building is now well used again. At a height of 120 m there is a hotel and at the top there is a viewing platform and a restaurant. Incidentally, opposite is the former main Zeiss factory with the first high-rise building that was built in Germany, the 43 m high "Building 15" which was completed in 1915.
And you are living in Trier actually!

And here is a photo taken from the Jentower over part of the city
View attachment 1091346
In 1970 I had the good fortune, and pleasure, to be stationed in Germany while in the US Army. I was located in Kitzingen at an old ww2 airfield. I was there for a year, and really enjoyed it, despite being in the military. The German people I met were all very friendly and welcoming. I also had the pleasure of experiencing Oktoberfest.
I have many good memories of my time there, and your posts have reminded me of them. So thank you.

Back
Top Bottom