Hometown.

Go to CruxDreams.com
I know a bit of Russian, and I actually was able to puzzle out your Polish, Helmut.

But anybody who was born here, or has Taken The Oath, is an American. Over the last 20 years I've witnessed young people from Belarus, Vietnam, the Domincan Republic and India take The Oath.

I also recall fondly a Vietnamese staff member correcting one from the D.R. on a point of English grammar.

If you're referring to the effects of Katrina, I have no doubts that New Orleans will bounce back to its pre-Katrina status. It may take a few more years, but the few times I've been down there I've always been impressed with the vitality and resilience of the people. Noo Awlins will recover.

Near the old Idora Park --- Youngstown, OHIO
... moving to Detroit in June, 2010...

I was born in Wakefield but went to uni in Sheffield. When we booked a holiday in Trieste we thought it a good idea to book a hotel in Birmingham as the return flight was quite late. I typed in "hotels near Birmingham airport" and soon found a cheap one. I nearly booked it when Mel suggested we look up customer comments. They were all of the "Goddam worst hotel I've ever stayed at." type. She also noticed that the hotel wanted payment in dollars?? I'd nearly booked a hotel in Birmingham...Alabama!!
Julie

jonesygirl said:
I was born in Wakefield but went to uni in Sheffield. When we booked a holiday in Trieste we thought it a good idea to book a hotel in Birmingham as the return flight was quite late. I typed in "hotels near Birmingham airport" and soon found a cheap one. I nearly booked it when Mel suggested we look up customer comments. They were all of the "Goddam worst hotel I've ever stayed at." type. She also noticed that the hotel wanted payment in dollars?? I'd nearly booked a hotel in Birmingham...Alabama!!
Julie
perhaps backpacking :lol:

There's a Birmingham in England?
And why are there so many people from Ohio here?
I'm from Tampa, Florida.

Hi! I am 22 from Hungary, Budapest, and I would like to have a chat any girl who is interested in crucifixion.

Zorf24 said:
grew up in new york, baby 8)

no longer there, but miss it so.

I'm Louisiana boy who's been a naturalized New Yorker since the Reagan Administration. I understand why you miss the place.

apostate630 said:
Zorf24 said:
grew up in new york, baby 8)

no longer there, but miss it so.

I'm Louisiana boy who's been a naturalized New Yorker since the Reagan Administration. I understand why you miss the place.

Having been born on LI there is no such thing as a naturalized NY'er. Its more like an infection.

The City itself is the greatest place in the world for a day, a week, a year a lifetime IF you can afford it.

But the nice thing about the State in general is that you can have any kind of lifestyle you want here, from the urban to the rural to the isolated in nature. It goes from the 'City that never Sleeps' to what is really part of the Midwest in attitude (everything west of the mountains) to bordering TWO foreign countries (English and French speaking Canada and if you've ever visited both sides you know what I am talking about).

Now if we could only get the cost down a wee bit ....................................

kisses

willowfall

"The City itself is the greatest place in the world for a day, a week, a year a lifetime IF you can afford it"

so far, i could afford for not more than one week :)

Back
Top Bottom