How long can a posting be?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Hello everyone

I looked in the thread "technical questions" but found nothing. I would like to know how long a single posting can be. Is there a limit? I am writing a very long post. It's a report about myself that I might want to share with everyone here. Until today it is 10 pages long. It will probably be 13 to 15.

How do you measure the length of a post? In words? In signs? I checked my text.

So far it looks like this:
Words: 5,320
Characters (with spaces): 32,440

There will be more words. Can I put such a long post in a thread? Or should I split it into 2 or 3 parts? Can you help me please? Thanks.

Hello everyone

I looked in the thread "technical questions" but found nothing. I would like to know how long a single posting can be. Is there a limit? I am writing a very long post. It's a report about myself that I might want to share with everyone here. Until today it is 10 pages long. It will probably be 13 to 15.

How do you measure the length of a post? In words? In signs? I checked my text.

So far it looks like this:
Words: 5,320
Characters (with spaces): 32,440

There will be more words. Can I put such a long post in a thread? Or should I split it into 2 or 3 parts? Can you help me please? Thanks.
While I don’t know the technical answer, nobody wants to read a great wall of text; it’s better to split up longer works into short chunks, and post them consecutively on the same thread, but not all at once. It lets a bit of air in, and allows some interaction with readers.. How short? Well look at pretty much any story here. A good example is @Praefectus Praetorio ’s

Disreagrding the technical details, I can only speak for myself as a potential reader: It easier to read a longer text when you split it into several consecutive posts within a thread.

When posting stories, I always post them chapter by chapter, which are about 2 to 4 pages each in my writing program and I feel like that is the maximum length I would want to read in a single post.

Oh, and most important: Use paragraphs within you posts. Nobody wants to read a wall of text with no breaks ;)

A good example is @Praefectus Praetorio ’s
A wise comment, Monty. My stories are always good examples.

Limit is 20,000 characters. Many word processors will count these for you.

I am about to post today's chapter of the above-mentioned (and, if I do say so myself -remarkable, wonderful, engaging superbly-written, beloved, and fantastic story) it is average to a little long at 4,300 characters.

Back
Top Bottom