How to get Ciri to talk - a fantasy GIMP adventure based on JD's art

Go to CruxDreams.com

Lord Ludwig

Magistrate
I've been thinking a long time about posting this. I hesitate to call my personal contribution "art", but since I am only providing some context to the pictures this, and not the story forum, is where I guess it belongs.

A little background: about a year ago, a casual comment I made to a work of JD sparked a gratifying and fruitful exchange of ideas between us. He was so kind as to ask me how I wanted the situation to develop from there on, and over the course of the following months gradually expanded on it. I hereby apologize to him if I sometimes was obnoxious in trying to realize certain ideas I had in mind, but it all was in the name of the greater good of enriching the GIMP art scene.

So at a point I decided, not having an atom of JD's skills, that I could make another contribution besides suggesting scenes: I could try to make it all fit in a more or less coherent story, hoping that my text would enhance the enjoyment of some (while they certainly will be only a distraction to others). Thus, the adventure of Ciri in Nilfgaard was born, and today I start sharing it here.

A few words of warning:

1) while about 3/4 of the pics are JD's, I also included a dozen or more pics found on the web. Most of them have authors I do not know. If you find you are the proprietor of one of the pics displayed here, and object to the use I've made of it, let me know and it will be removed;

2) basically, what's here is fan fiction. No economical gain purposes. So certain names of course remain property of the author of the books and/or the games the story is based upon;

3) forgive me should you find some small (or big) grammar errors. English is my fourth language;

4) of course the story will be more entertaining if you are familiar with the Witcher universe;

5) for those of you who on the other hand are true experts of the subject, I clearly took some liberties with the background of the various characters, mainly with Ciri's ancestry and the Nilfgaardian succession laws.

That's it. First three pics, for today. 0001.jpg0002.jpg0003.jpg

Great stuff, please continue!

Wow, you managed to make Emhyr var Emreis, Deithwen Addan yn Carn aep Morvudd, The White Flame Dancing on the Barrows of his Enemies an even bigger asshole than he already was :eek:

After reading the books, I already thought he was the worst.

I can just hope for the Ciri in your story, that a certain white haired witcher is coming to her rescue... ;)

Wow, you managed to make Emhyr var Emreis, Deithwen Addan yn Carn aep Morvudd, The White Flame Dancing on the Barrows of his Enemies an even bigger asshole than he already was :eek:

After reading the books, I already thought he was the worst.

I can just hope for the Ciri in your story, that a certain white haired witcher is coming to her rescue... ;)
Possibly... but don't you just hate it when the damsel in distress is rescued by the hero before the fun starts?

At the moment JD is under a suffering almost as much as Ciri under a heavy workload. Chances of enhancing the story I already put together are slim, but since he's a self-confessed sucker for compliments maybe if enough people here declare their enthusiasm...

Seriously, the story will proceed slowly for a while anyway, as I will be away for most of next week. For now, here is VIIIC, which finally completes this triplet.
0110.jpg

Back
Top Bottom