How to post discreetly on Youtube

Go to CruxDreams.com
T

The Fallen Angel

Hi,
About a week ago I posted a link to a "video" on Youtube. It was called BD-Cruxslideshow. The link is on The Coffee Shop and has been viewed about 100 times. It is easily possible to post films up to 2GB or 15mins in most formats without having it removed. Instead of making the video "Private" click on the button that says "Unlisted". You can then post the URL on this site so we can share it but not others. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll give it a try with some of my oldies :ymdevil:

I got back to this from the thread in Cruxfoundation, it's interesting that we can upload private videos to Youtube.

My question is file size, I have cut down my ten minute unfinished crucifixion movie to a short four minute version, but it still is 46MB in size. If I redo it in the smaller file sizes the quality gets very poor. I am using iMovie on a Mac & it's saved to Quicktime. Can anyone suggest how to get the file size smaller without losing the detail please?

Thanks for that, but when I clicked the link I got something to download, seems like something to upgrade Safari which I'm not sure I want to do! So still no nearer.

PhilX said:
I got back to this from the thread in Cruxfoundation, it's interesting that we can upload private videos to Youtube.

My question is file size, I have cut down my ten minute unfinished crucifixion movie to a short four minute version, but it still is 46MB in size. If I redo it in the smaller file sizes the quality gets very poor. I am using iMovie on a Mac & it's saved to Quicktime. Can anyone suggest how to get the file size smaller without losing the detail please?

Hi,
I'm puzzled as to exactly why you want to make your files so small. You should be aiming for high quality, as long as possible and secure posting or transmission to second party...and of course for free. If you post on Youtube using the method (unlisted) above then you can post up to 2GB or 15 mins whichever comes first. Using advanced settings the limit is 20GB!! With an Unlisted video you can post the URL to whoever you like on a site like this or in an email. The recipient(s) can then view or download the movie using a simple prog like Orbit. There is of course Sendspace which allows up to 200 MB. What is it exactly that you wish to achieve? I love a challenge :)

I just don't know how to make a short movie on iMovie a small enough file without losing resolution Melissa, 46MB is huge for just four minutes video! I like the idea of private viewing.

PhilX said:
I just don't know how to make a short movie on iMovie a small enough file without losing resolution Melissa, 46MB is huge for just four minutes video! I like the idea of private viewing.

Please tell me what equipment you are using. I am not familiar with Mac but it should be simple to convert from IMovie to WMV...see http://www.macosvideoconverter.com/tuto ... o-wmv.html

What camera are you using? What format are the videos ? It is very simple to convert videos to different formats. You can't reduce file size without losing resolution. Look at your video files on your hard drive and tell me what the properties are.

Melissa

Thanks Melissa, that looks useful. I save my movies to Quicktime, but like jpegs the quality seems to get worse the more time I work on them & resave them.

I wonder, is there a better program I can use other than windows movie maker for this? something simple that has the same feature and more? one thing I didnt like about the video is the transistion time limit, I couldnt get it any higher than 2 seconds worth, or is that good enough?

You could try the VideoPad VideoEditor which is free from NCH. It has an online manual and plenty of tutorial videos.

I always use Pinnacle Studio 9 but it's not free (and it's an old version no longer supported). There are free editors out there but I've not tried most of them. Of those I have actually tried, Pinnacle is by far the easiest to use, though it is prone to crashing without good reason, so you have to save your project regularly.

I'm often called upon these days to do video production work for a local wedding photography company, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Back
Top Bottom