How To Talk For Artists And Users (Photo-Manipulations)

Go to CruxDreams.com
to quote Sean Connery, "...but of cousre you do..." with thanks to Mermaidhunter.

Tree
Thank You! Didn't he also say, "What do you expect me to do?" Goldfinger.

No that was, "do you expect me to talk?" Well close enough! :p

So here hangs L’ilSiss on her cross at the Winter Festival. It seems they hired a bunch of acts like fire dancers to entertain the crowd while Siss writhes in agony…

Beer and Liquor companies do that. It helps the profits and defrays the cost of a THT, Inc. crucifixion. It’s a cool night…

I’ll bet L’ilSiss wishes she was sacrificed for the summer fest!!!!

First thing I did was copy L’ilSiss to a taller picture (7x19 inches) by opening a new drawing the using the rectangle mask to transfer the ‘short’ picture. Using a series of rectangle masks I lengthened the cross, widened the face of it and narrowed the depth of it. It’s still a stout cross, as Gunner and Bull can attest!
21.jpg

After filling the background in black, I used the magic wand mask tool with the shift key to mask the black areas then with the ‘invert mask I copied my crucified Siss.

The background I am using is an original picture of mine. The camera sees things a bit differently than we do. The untouched photo has the tops of the buildings leaning towards the center of the picture.

40 orig.jpg

I used the rectangle mask and masked the whole picture. Clicking on the picture I select “Object: copy selection”. Two more clicks on the picture and I have the ‘distort’ tool. This is seen as four double ended arrows, one at each corner of the picture. By dragging the top two arrows out I got the buildings pretty close. Ok, to be honest I went a bit too far, but all you horny bastards are looking at Siss, anyway…

Next I merged Siss on her cross with no shading or graining on the cross. I did it this way because of the varied lighting from street lights, theater lights, and fire dancers and wanted to work the shadows to fit the picture.
42.jpg
Next, as detailed earlier, I used the magic wand mask to paint the side of the stipe and the end of the crossbar. I used the art brush on medium fine streaks using different browns and black with various levels of transparency until I was happy with the look. I added some shadow under her left arm using the hi-lite brush then inverted the mask and still with the hi-lite added some shadow at the base of the stipe.
44.jpg

Just remember before you remove the mask, look at your picture full sized (Corel f9) to be sure you are done with the mask!!!!
Tree

I pretty sure he was in the show that Eul was talking about!
Yes, he was Truly, the third of the trio with Compo and Clegg, in the later years of LOTSW​
Hey, I've knocked this Technical Questions thread right OT​
:oops:

Yes, he was Truly, the third of the trio with Compo and Clegg, in the later years of LOTSW​
Hey, I've knocked this Technical Questions thread right OT​
:oops:
For some reason, there is a lot of that going around! :p

Back
Top Bottom