How To Talk For Artists And Users (Rendering)

Go to CruxDreams.com

Looking for a 3D artist willing to take a request​

I’m looking for a 3D artist who can sculpt for a request

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all!!! As you might remeber, a while back I asked for resources to build realistic 3D crosses and nails, especially nails. Luckily for me @mp5stab let me know he had such a package available on DA :) Since then I've also been inspired to try and create my own resources. :) Below are some screenshots of a custom made nail I noodled up, including some morphs to shape it and a bone that allows you, together with one morph to give it the appearance of being pounded flat agains the back of the cross after being fully nailed in. I'm quite happy with this first version as far as the 3D mesh goes... But I was wondering if there were any talented texture artists that could help me out texturing it... My own efforts in that field are quite poor... I know it works in Daz Studio, not sure about Poser, I don't have Poser, so I couldn't test... Thanks a lot,
Cheers,
MZ

PS It will still be a while before a new "2D publication" will be finished...Spike001.JPGSpike002.JPGSpike003.JPGSpike004.JPGSpike005.JPG

Hi all!!! As you might remeber, a while back I asked for resources to build realistic 3D crosses and nails, especially nails. Luckily for me @mp5stab let me know he had such a package available on DA :) Since then I've also been inspired to try and create my own resources. :) Below are some screenshots of a custom made nail I noodled up, including some morphs to shape it and a bone that allows you, together with one morph to give it the appearance of being pounded flat agains the back of the cross after being fully nailed in. I'm quite happy with this first version as far as the 3D mesh goes... But I was wondering if there were any talented texture artists that could help me out texturing it... My own efforts in that field are quite poor... I know it works in Daz Studio, not sure about Poser, I don't have Poser, so I couldn't test... Thanks a lot,
Cheers,
MZ

PS It will still be a while before a new "2D publication" will be finished...View attachment 1047175View attachment 1047176View attachment 1047177View attachment 1047178View attachment 1047179
hi i have a few textures for rusty nails and a few we provided Hairs and Nails ... can we try them?

Write me privately!

Actually i was thinking of creating a basic tutorial for Daz Studio but did not know where to begin.
What is easy for me can be very difficult for someone else.
I agree; Daz is not very intuitive at first and some of the default settings are not what you want. There are a lot of tutorials out there, but they fall into the "first turn on your computer" type where you watch 10 minutes before you put a character on screen, or else start with technical details of render settings that still mean nothing to me after 8 years of rendering.
As for all the getting excited about computer spec- I use a 6 year old MacBook Pro and have no idea what the full spec is. It works fine, if not brilliantly, and 'normal' renders (with a couple of characters, more than one light and some shiny or complex surfaces) are typically a couple of hours, even if the fan does get a bit excited and start getting noisy.
If people want a list of the useful free Daz and Poser resources, I can post one.

Don't complicate it- it is supposed to be fun!

hello friends and artists from CF!

please can i ask a few things ??

1. would I need to find a program, plugin, etc. that could help me with the rendering speed, without it always falling into the system ?? and wrote an error ... I know there is an octane (but I just can't register there) either an error or I have a weird name .... and I hear more and more about the DAZ Studio Filament Render Engine ... is it a good program ??

2. I would like to try rendering in blender, but I don't know if it is possible to transfer duf.file from daz3d to blender ....

3. is there any way to render scenes at once with more than 15 or more characters and a complete environment ??
or is it impossible?

I know I'm constantly asking like a jerk, but with every piece of advice you give me, I'm getting better ..... and I think we'll help others.

There are a few tricks to improve render speed, but they all fail to deliver convincing results in the long run or cause other problems.
A simple trick for fast rendering is to use a lot and strong light and few objects with elaborate meshes, like some hair.

The only chance to have a good and fast render quality with many characters is to use a good computer with a lot of memory and a fast graphics card with also a lot of memory.

Filament is more suitable for fast rendering, but does not give good results. It is more the quality of computer games. The best render quality under DAZ is provided by Iray.
I am not familiar with Blender.

There are a few tricks to improve render speed, but they all fail to deliver convincing results in the long run or cause other problems.
A simple trick for fast rendering is to use a lot and strong light and few objects with elaborate meshes, like some hair.

The only chance to have a good and fast render quality with many characters is to use a good computer with a lot of memory and a fast graphics card with also a lot of memory.

Filament is more suitable for fast rendering, but does not give good results. It is more the quality of computer games. The best render quality under DAZ is provided by Iray.
I am not familiar with Blender.
so back to the original way ....

well I'll try the blender ....

1. would I need to find a program, plugin, etc. that could help me with the rendering speed, without it always falling into the system ?? and wrote an error ... I know there is an octane (but I just can't register there) either an error or I have a weird name .... and I hear more and more about the DAZ Studio Filament Render Engine ... is it a good program ??

2. I would like to try rendering in blender, but I don't know if it is possible to transfer duf.file from daz3d to blender ....

3. is there any way to render scenes at once with more than 15 or more characters and a complete environment ??
or is it impossible?

I know I'm constantly asking like a jerk, but with every piece of advice you give me, I'm getting better ..... and I think we'll help others.
In my experience, rendering speed is mostly a product of the graphics card you have and the amount of RAM on board. Daz Studio has a major issue in that to render the scene using the graphics card, the entire scene has to fit in the card's own RAM. ie. if you have a graphics card with 4Gb onboard and your scene is 4.1Gb then Daz will render the entire scene using the CPU and the graphics card will sit there doing nothing :(
Of course once you have been dropped back into CPU rendering, it helps to have plenty of RAM on the motherboard.

Apparently Octane is a faster option but I've never managed to register on their website. I thought it was just my system but the fact that you also seem to have issues that implies that there's a problem on their end.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to render a Daz scene in Blender (to be honest I find Blender insanely hard to get to grips with) but there might be a plugin out there somewhere that allows you to import Daz scenes, but I'm not sure, and I don't know if Blender would do any better in terms of speed anyway, and then there's the question of what rendering options it has etc.

as for rendering large scenes with 15+ characters, I go back to my earlier point regarding the size of the scene and whether or not it fits in the graphics card RAM. I find that I can totally crash my PC if I have more than 7 or 8 characters in a scene, but possibly having more gfx RAM might help - my card only has 1Gb on it which is pathetic these days - a 4Gb graphics card might give better results but the price of good cards at the moment is totally insane.

I guess that CPU rendering could cope with larger scenes if you have enough system RAM but render times are likely to be huge even on a high-end PC :(

In my experience, rendering speed is mostly a product of the graphics card you have and the amount of RAM on board. Daz Studio has a major issue in that to render the scene using the graphics card, the entire scene has to fit in the card's own RAM. ie. if you have a graphics card with 4Gb onboard and your scene is 4.1Gb then Daz will render the entire scene using the CPU and the graphics card will sit there doing nothing :(
Of course once you have been dropped back into CPU rendering, it helps to have plenty of RAM on the motherboard.

Apparently Octane is a faster option but I've never managed to register on their website. I thought it was just my system but the fact that you also seem to have issues that implies that there's a problem on their end.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to render a Daz scene in Blender (to be honest I find Blender insanely hard to get to grips with) but there might be a plugin out there somewhere that allows you to import Daz scenes, but I'm not sure, and I don't know if Blender would do any better in terms of speed anyway, and then there's the question of what rendering options it has etc.

as for rendering large scenes with 15+ characters, I go back to my earlier point regarding the size of the scene and whether or not it fits in the graphics card RAM. I find that I can totally crash my PC if I have more than 7 or 8 characters in a scene, but possibly having more gfx RAM might help - my card only has 1Gb on it which is pathetic these days - a 4Gb graphics card might give better results but the price of good cards at the moment is totally insane.

I guess that CPU rendering could cope with larger scenes if you have enough system RAM but render times are likely to be huge even on a high-end PC :(
yes that octane totally pissed me off!

why do they give it for free as a freee if you can't even register there ?!

fuck it ....

And as for other things, I have a way of getting more characters into the scene, but it takes photoshop, and a sea of patience!

or is it impossible?
I do it all the time - the "Serpent's Eye" Nailing scenes have 23+ characters in them, about 80 figures if you count conforming clothing, whip, etc. Scenes are all about 2Gb, take 20 to 40 minutes to render depending on what's in the render area. But I use Poser.

You can render complex scenes using a few tricks: bring the resolution of all figures that are not the main characters down to base resolution. Also, use the same texture maps over and over again, with different shaders applied to make them look different. Thirdly: click the eye icon so it displays a closed eye for everything that is not visible in your scene anyway, including body parts of your characters. When rendering, any texture map you use will only be loaded into RAM once, regardless of how many times it is used. Also none of the textures belonging to a "closed eye" item will be loaded, saving tons of RAM memory. However, I do have a setup where I can use up to 12 GB of RAM, my GPU has 12 GB, so I've never tried compressing RAM usage below that point...

or is it impossible?

It's hard for me to provide advice without knowing something about your hardware.

1) With that premise, to reduce render times - as other have already said - you have to delete (or make invisible to the camera) everything that is not visible in the frame, for example ceilings or walls if you are rendering an indoor scene. Also, make invisible the limbs that are covered with clothing (ex. men's trousers) and shoes: ith helps to lower the resources needed to elaborate textures.

2) It's feasible, provided that you want to learn how to use blender's rendering engine(s): DAZ to Blender bridge.

3) Again, it depends on your hardware. Ah: always always, always keep your video card's drivers updated.

You can render complex scenes using a few tricks: bring the resolution of all figures that are not the main characters down to base resolution. Also, use the same texture maps over and over again, with different shaders applied to make them look different. Thirdly: click the eye icon so it displays a closed eye for everything that is not visible in your scene anyway, including body parts of your characters. When rendering, any texture map you use will only be loaded into RAM once, regardless of how many times it is used. Also none of the textures belonging to a "closed eye" item will be loaded, saving tons of RAM memory. However, I do have a setup where I can use up to 12 GB of RAM, my GPU has 12 GB, so I've never tried compressing RAM usage below that point...
I don't understand you a little ... What do you mean by that eye? Do you have a sample, please?

Back
Top Bottom