How To Talk For Artists And Users (Rendering)

Go to CruxDreams.com
To be fair, lasptops are not really built for this sort of productivity work. They're good for general day to day computing applications and some are even good for gaming, but 3D rendering will punish any system way harder and as a rule, laptops just don't have the right kind of thermal dynamics for this sort of thing

external water cooling for laptop

but it's hardcore on me ....
I see what they are doing, as far as the cooling unit and placing cooling blocks on the heat pipes. I have an old Intel Xtreme processor from 2013 and don't think I've got the software or firmware to do that kind of tuning on a core-by-core basis like they are doing. I don't overclock mine but probably could since I've got the cooling handled pretty well. It's really time for me to build a new computer.

Attachments

• jennator3a.jpg
    jennator3a.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 111
  • jennator3b.jpg
    jennator3b.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 118
Can anyone suggest a free hosting site where I can upload some of my props and other 3D creations for others to download?

I'm not sure if Thingiverse is really appropriate for Daz stuff as it's mainly for the 3D printing community rather than the 3D artistic one, though I guess it might work.

I know that I can upload small zipfiles here but I don't know if there's a limit on file size (my complete dungeon sets are fucking HUGE, even with compression), though maybe it might work for props

Can anyone suggest a free hosting site where I can upload some of my props and other 3D creations for others to download?

I'm not sure if Thingiverse is really appropriate for Daz stuff as it's mainly for the 3D printing community rather than the 3D artistic one, though I guess it might work.

I know that I can upload small zipfiles here but I don't know if there's a limit on file size (my complete dungeon sets are fucking HUGE, even with compression), though maybe it might work for props
and you want it free ??

or do you want to sell it ??

and you want it free ??

hmm I'm interested in a dungeon ... I'd write to admins and ask them ...

and you want it free ??

and you want it free ??

hmm I'm interested in a dungeon ... I'd write to admins and ask them ...
All the 3D models I make are free. I do this for fun, not for money. I just need to find somewhere to upload the stuff too. Thingiverse is the easiest but I'll need to check their terms to see if Daz stuff is OK there :)

Someone suggested Mega to me as a good download site. That's where I've uploaded all my renders, stories, etc. for people to download. I got 20Gb for free there and it's been a painless way to give others access to thousands of renders - 3.4 Gb.

Someone suggested Mega to me as a good download site. That's where I've uploaded all my renders, stories, etc. for people to download. I got 20Gb for free there and it's been a painless way to give others access to thousands of renders - 3.4 Gb.
Yeah I used to have an account at Mega years ago but I got burned when the site got shut down by the FBI because a few users had copyright stuff on there and they just deleted the entire site, all my own stuff included. Fuck the FBI - may they all rot and burn in the fires of hell for all eternity for erasing my stuff :mad::mad::mad:

NEVER, EVER rely on cloud backups - they're fine for distributing stuff but don't use them for backup because they can go away at any time and without warning :(

I'd allways go for a desktop for heavy stuff. Way better. I have liquid cooling and even then, using two Nvidia Geforce GTX Titans, GPU-Z tells me my cards heat up to 60°C when rendering a long time (34 minutes) 6 complete characters and a complete background sounds about right... However... What SubD level are these characters on? (In my opinion anything above 3 is overkill as you will not see that difference anyway. And secondly: do these 6 characters use 6 different texture sets? If so, try appling the same texture set and use the shader settings to give them all a different tone... That should save RAM enough... Also... When you need people in the background for crowd effects, put them at SubD 0. That will save some RAM on geometry too. For crowds I also use instancing. That way I can duplicate one figure like three times over, yet they will only be loaded into RAM once. Keep in mind howveer, these instances are EXACT duplicates of each other. You cannot customize them.

Yeah I used to have an account at Mega years ago but I got burned when the site got shut down by the FBI because a few users had copyright stuff on there and they just deleted the entire site, all my own stuff included. Fuck the FBI - may they all rot and burn in the fires of hell for all eternity for erasing my stuff :mad::mad::mad:

NEVER, EVER rely on cloud backups - they're fine for distributing stuff but don't use them for backup because they can go away at any time and without warning :(
That's just irresponsible for them not to give you any warning and a chance to download your backup. I have not had an experience like that yet, but I'm glad to know what I'm dealing with. At present, I have nothing there that I don't have right here on my hard disk.

That's just irresponsible for them not to give you any warning and a chance to download your backup. I have not had an experience like that yet, but I'm glad to know what I'm dealing with. At present, I have nothing there that I don't have right here on my hard disk.
I wasn't the fault of Mega - the FBI raided their server farm and took everything away without warning :(

Isn't it odd how all those government agencies that claim to be protecting freedom always end up acting like fascists? :(

Actually, it sounds like grounds for a lawsuit against the FBI.
Agree but Mega is based in NZ and I can't ever see a realistic scenario in which NZ sues the US government and wins. The best option is not to get mad, but to get even. Build a distributed storage model where the data is spread around the world on multiple servers, including ones in nations that the US (or in my case the UK) doesn't have any judicial treaties with. After all, if you had a server in Russia, for example, it's going to be funny to see the feds trying to take that one away :)

The internet was originally designed to be without controls and borders. Unfortunately over time, governments and corporations have locked parts of it down and become gatekeepers. And gatekeeping is bullshit. The ultimate power online is not politics or money, but knowledge - those smart people who understand how this stuff works are the only ones who can potentially make the internet what it was always intended to be, because nobody else has any incentive to make this stuff better

I'd allways go for a desktop for heavy stuff. Way better. I have liquid cooling and even then, using two Nvidia Geforce GTX Titans, GPU-Z tells me my cards heat up to 60°C when rendering a long time (34 minutes) 6 complete characters and a complete background sounds about right... However... What SubD level are these characters on? (In my opinion anything above 3 is overkill as you will not see that difference anyway. And secondly: do these 6 characters use 6 different texture sets? If so, try appling the same texture set and use the shader settings to give them all a different tone... That should save RAM enough... Also... When you need people in the background for crowd effects, put them at SubD 0. That will save some RAM on geometry too. For crowds I also use instancing. That way I can duplicate one figure like three times over, yet they will only be loaded into RAM once. Keep in mind howveer, these instances are EXACT duplicates of each other. You cannot customize them.
Hi can you please explain this with the help of a picture? I'm not good at English, and I don't understand many things. I'll understand more from the picture. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom