How To Talk For Artists And Users (Rendering)

Go to CruxDreams.com
Hi can you please explain this with the help of a picture? I'm not good at English, and I don't understand many things. I'll understand more from the picture. Thanks.
Hi! Sure: A good guide to instancing and how it saves RAM can be found here:
So when you load in a genesis figure, in the parameters tab, under "general" there is a SubD setting (see screenshot) check that to see how big that number is. Anything above three is (according to me) a waste, as you will not see that detail anyway...
Attached is a screenshot I rendered in viewport in one go. I have also attached a screenshot of my GPU Z settings so you see what that scene is costing me to render (RAM wise: 10 GB give or take) Yet it has LOTS of figures in it. Most of them instances and ... there are only two texture sets here: one female and one male. Everything else is done using shaders (the diffuse overlay setting of the shader mostly.
Example.JPGGPUZ.JPGSubD.JPG

Hi! Sure: A good guide to instancing and how it saves RAM can be found here:
So when you load in a genesis figure, in the parameters tab, under "general" there is a SubD setting (see screenshot) check that to see how big that number is. Anything above three is (according to me) a waste, as you will not see that detail anyway...
Attached is a screenshot I rendered in viewport in one go. I have also attached a screenshot of my GPU Z settings so you see what that scene is costing me to render (RAM wise: 10 GB give or take) Yet it has LOTS of figures in it. Most of them instances and ... there are only two texture sets here: one female and one male. Everything else is done using shaders (the diffuse overlay setting of the shader mostly.
View attachment 1135351View attachment 1135352View attachment 1135353
oho! I'll try this on the weekend ...

hello guys please can any of you use UV map and layers editor in daz3d ??

I have a problem with one thing ...

you know I need to apply blood to the body (crucified body) and in photoshop I applied it to the skin texture and saved it as a jpg.
but when I load it as layers in the layers editor in daz3d the image is too big and doesn't fit us to the original texture ...

can you help us?

Attachments

• JASAJordanTorso_1002h.jpg
    JASAJordanTorso_1002h.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
What blood do you need? I gave up on doing it with the layers editor in Daz Studio long ago... It is a lot of work and saves PNG textures in a temp folder that consume WAY more RAM than a ready made texture does... So, either I use the free Photoshop version called GIMP to edit my textures and export them as JPEG (not PNG) or, I use some products from other vendors that give me the blood I need. For example: https://3d-stuff.community/catalog/realms-art-genesis-jesus-christ/ this pack has all kinds of stuff that are conforming figures you can apply to any genesis figure. And there are others out there for whip marks and stuff.

you know I need to apply blood to the body (crucified body) and in photoshop I applied it to the skin texture and saved it as a jpg.
but when I load it as layers in the layers editor in daz3d the image is too big and doesn't fit us to the original texture ...

can you help us?

99% of the time, I add blood in post-work. Won't say I'm an expert by any stretch, but my amateur efforts can produce passable results through mucking around with blend styles and a variety of free brushes.

Unless it's a 3D object or a normal layer, adding blood directly to body textures has just never worked out well for me.

can you help us?
I tried it (the Daz Layers Editor) and found it clunky and slow.
I do edit the diffuse map with The Gimp or Photoshop and got fairly good results with the 3Delight rendering engine,but not so good results with Iray.
I now use geometry shell with alpha maps and i like the results.
The geometry shell can also be saved as Wearable Presets and be reused with another G8 character.
Here is some alpha maps for a geometry shell for a Genesis 8 figure(to be used with the "cutout opacity" setting in the Geometry Shell surface setting) :
CJ--BloomFull--Legs_1003 2 nails1a Trans.jpgCJ--BloomFull--Arms_1004 2 Nails1a Trans2.jpg

Last edited:
I tried it (the Daz Layers Editor) and found it clunky and slow.
I do edit the diffuse map with The Gimp or Photoshop and got fairly good results with the 3Delight rendering engine,but not so good results with Iray.
I now use geometry shell with alpha maps and i like the results.
The geometry shell can also be saved as Wearable Presets and be reused with another G8 character.
Here is some alpha maps for a geometry shell for a Genesis 8 figure:
View attachment 1137344View attachment 1137345
Here is a good Geometry Shell tutorial:

hello guys i have a serious and pretty annoying problem (again!)

but this problem is a little more serious ... I don't know why, but when I load the characters, they often lack the skin texture, and they build white, in the surface I found that the base item is empty ... but before that the skin texture was there .. .

I know how to remove it (manually adding texture (but I have no idea exactly how to do it) and I don't know how to prevent it) and especially how to remove this error .
1646068782220.png

Last edited by a moderator:
hello guys i have a serious and pretty annoying problem (again!)

but this problem is a little more serious ... I don't know why, but when I load the characters, they often lack the skin texture, and they build white, in the surface I found that the base item is empty ... but before that the skin texture was there .. .

I know how to remove it (manually adding texture (but I have no idea exactly how to do it) and I don't know how to prevent it) and especially how to remove this error .
View attachment 1137881
Can you load a scene like that in and then open the log file? If you want then you can also upload that log file here then I can have a look. Daz studio is clearly not finding all your assets then, when loading the scene back in. However... I have had that happen too when messing with geoshells, yet when I correct the scene once, and save again, it's usually solved. Also, before you reapply the textures, please also look at the UV layout your figures are using. Sometimes Daz Studio messes that up when loading a scene back in.

Hello people.

please help with d-force simulation in daz3d.

I bought this model in daz3d.

https://www.daz3d.com/idg-dforce-dynamics-scarves-and-shawls[

I wanted to use it to create a loincloth similar to that of my friend 3dfranco in his artworks. I got more or less instructions on how he did his characters and the crucifixion, but I came across a huge problem.

you know when i use dfoce simulation, i was hoping that the clothes would somehow wrap around the character, but the opposite happened ... the shawl he used here just fell to the ground, and I have no idea what to do and how to do it to make it like in the pictures in daz3d.

see my pictures (if someone doesn't understand I'll be happy to explain)

1651003195077.png

Attachments

• 1651003149769.png
    1651003149769.png
    268.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 1651003162981.png
    1651003162981.png
    276.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 1651003176187.png
    1651003176187.png
    264.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
so I need to know how I can work with this clothing in d-force ....

how can I change the direction, the way I fall on the figure, the movement of the clothes, and especially how I can influence the simulation so that it doesn't just fall to the ground ...

I would need some videos, but please mainly for instructions ... I'm a jerk, but I'm learning fast.

Thank you in advance for your help !!

Hello people.

please help with d-force simulation in daz3d.

I bought this model in daz3d.

https://www.daz3d.com/idg-dforce-dynamics-scarves-and-shawls[

I wanted to use it to create a loincloth similar to that of my friend 3dfranco in his artworks. I got more or less instructions on how he did his characters and the crucifixion, but I came across a huge problem.

you know when i use dfoce simulation, i was hoping that the clothes would somehow wrap around the character, but the opposite happened ... the shawl he used here just fell to the ground, and I have no idea what to do and how to do it to make it like in the pictures in daz3d.

see my pictures (if someone doesn't understand I'll be happy to explain)

View attachment 1162801

A mandatory premise: I'm not the biggest fan of dforce, even though I have used it successfully in the past.
That said, This tutorial is a good introduction. Have a look at this one, too.
Be prepared to spend some time and perhaps experience the occasional crash. Good luck.

Make sure both the character as the clothing are part of the d-force simulation :)
If the character is not, the cloth will fall to the ground and further

I also use d-force (very often, hair and sometimes other things)

I just didn't know how to do a few tricks ...

you know very well that I work with many 3d artists, and as always I learn ... I have an infinite desire for knowledge .... I guess I was honored by the god of chaos Tzeentch ... hehe

but the more I learn, the better my 3d work will be!

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom