How To Talk For Artists And Users (Rendering)

Go to CruxDreams.com
Awesome! I'll wait for your first animation with UE5, hopefully any blockers that happened to you on DS doesn't occur on UE5.
Right now they are not very good and inferior than what i ca do in Daz but i'm slowly getting there as Unreal Engine is mostly a game engine and more complicated than Daz
or Blender.
There are a lot of YouTube tutorial but a lot of them are about 2 to 5 hours long!
I will have to learn how to take advantage of the Unreal Engine advantage (superior lightning and mostly the real time rendering) before i can produce some good 3d art.
Here is some early results:
HighresScreenshot00000_cr.jpgHighresScreenshot00015_cr.jpg
Some short " early access" animation:
https://mega.nz/file/l8NUFRYL#rUM2bMusdHLRmtenRZaYpBp5cBIaIvYrf0-rsezyY6s
https://mega.nz/file/Rxk0hYqY#WpgXPvm__TJJisnQtW1KKQ-2O__3lqKMxwNpX81HCmI

Right now they are not very good and inferior than what i ca do in Daz but i'm slowly getting there as Unreal Engine is mostly a game engine and more complicated than Daz
or Blender.
There are a lot of YouTube tutorial but a lot of them are about 2 to 5 hours long!
I will have to learn how to take advantage of the Unreal Engine advantage (superior lightning and mostly the real time rendering) before i can produce some good 3d art.
Here is some early results:
View attachment 1236118View attachment 1236119
Some short " early access" animation:
https://mega.nz/file/l8NUFRYL#rUM2bMusdHLRmtenRZaYpBp5cBIaIvYrf0-rsezyY6s
https://mega.nz/file/Rxk0hYqY#WpgXPvm__TJJisnQtW1KKQ-2O__3lqKMxwNpX81HCmI
Those are Genesis8 figures and a Cadre cross from his kit imported from Daz studio.

Sometimes I experience this too. My workaround for this problem, I saved the scene as new file, delete all characters, props (even environment) that doesn't shows up on the camera view and re-render again and it greatly improved to fit on the gpu memory.
After that, restore the old file if you want to take another angle and deletes the unseen again.
Other solution you could try to reduced the resolution textures using script like Gerd mentioned in here :
Post in thread '3d-Art nightmares' https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/3d-art-nightmares.9381/post-714262
but I haven't try it yet.
So the first method has stopped using long ago (it takes a long time to load the scenes ... and to load it again and delete it and it is still to be crazy ...

And when it comes to script, yes I know it, but it has one disadvantage ....

Reducing textures is actually a deterioration of textures (for textures of buildings it does not matter, but for other models it may be a problem)

So I invented my own method, it requires a lot of patience, and time, but in the end, it's much better.

And use Photoshop a lot.

Attachments

• 00.Fall of Barbarian  Queen 001.jpg
    00.Fall of Barbarian Queen 001.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 215
So the first method has stopped using long ago (it takes a long time to load the scenes ... and to load it again and delete it and it is still to be crazy ...

And when it comes to script, yes I know it, but it has one disadvantage ....

Reducing textures is actually a deterioration of textures (for textures of buildings it does not matter, but for other models it may be a problem)

So I invented my own method, it requires a lot of patience, and time, but in the end, it's much better.

And use Photoshop a lot.

wut

what happened , where did all your threads vanish ????

pls

Need suggestion & opinion, which GPU is better for DS between the RTX 3060 or RTX 3060 Ti. I know that 3060 Ti have far great performance than 3060, but its downside that have less VRAM (8GB) than 3060 (12GB). I read many times in this thread that when using 3060 Ti will down when the scenes is over 8GB,. So even it's faster, I think it's meaningless if DS will run on CPU instead of GPU because the VRAM issue.

Need suggestion & opinion, which GPU is better for DS between the RTX 3060 or RTX 3060 Ti. I know that 3060 Ti have far great performance than 3060, but its downside that have less VRAM (8GB) than 3060 (12GB). I read many times in this thread that when using 3060 Ti will down when the scenes is over 8GB,. So even it's faster, I think it's meaningless if DS will run on CPU instead of GPU because the VRAM issue.

can you please tell the source of your profile picture , artists , link anything ???

Attachments

• 15946.png
    15946.png
    260.6 KB · Views: 183
can you please tell the source of your profile picture , artists , link anything ???
Sure, the source of my profile pic and also the artist is me, thank you for your interest in my art! I render this scene during my free time. :D
Unfortunately I haven't post it anywhere else, but later I'm intend to make it a series of tortured woman in dark dungeon (but it shall wait until I upgrade my GPU first). :cool:

Sure, the source of my profile pic and also the artist is me, thank you for your interest in my art! I render this scene during my free time. :D
Unfortunately I haven't post it anywhere else, but later I'm intend to make it a series of tortured woman in dark dungeon (but it shall wait until I upgrade my GPU first). :cool:

ohhh wow !!!!!!!

where can we see your art and creations ???

ohhh wow !!!!!!!

where can we see your art and creations ???
Like I said, I haven't post any of my works anywhere, perhaps later after I have new GPU in near future :D
I render most of my work (including this work) only with GeForce MX350 on my working laptop and I'm totally not satisfied (even confident) with the recent result of all my works to post, but it's enough for my own satisfaction.

Last edited:
Like I said, I haven't post any of my works anywhere, perhaps later after I have new GPU in near future :D
I render most of my work (including this work) only with GeForce MX350 on my working laptop and I'm totally not satisfied (even confident) with the recent result of all my works to post, but it's enough for my own satisfaction.
I'm sure that it's enough to satisfy the majority of members here so why not start your own thread? Artists can post up to 5 pics per thread per day per post and up to 1MB each.

It will depends if you plan to do complex scenes (with 2+ genesis 8 characters) where the Vram limit can be reached and Iray will fall back to CPU.
But if you stick to simple scenes that fits into the RTX3060ti 8gig of Vram the render time will be faster with the Ti as it has more Cuda core 4864 vs 3584 for the 3060

The Cuda cores are what Iray is using to render so more is better.

If you also play demanding games the 3060ti is a better choice tough.

I captured a screenshot of a Daz scene with 3 G8 and 2 cars where my 8 gig of Vram is near
it’s limit as an example.
2022-10-11 10_40_06-DAZ Studio 4.20 Pro Public Build - 2 cars+2 girls1.duf.jpg

I'm sure that it's enough to satisfy the majority of members here so why not start your own thread? Artists can post up to 5 pics per thread per day per post and up to 1MB each.
Yes, I'm considering it to open my own thread for old works.

i am sorry Sir , but you might be a fool , these look great , very well done , world needs to see those to enjoyyy

sorry , thanksssssss
Hahaha good comment, I like it LOL :aaaaa:

Thank you both for encourage me to start my own thread. I really appreciate that. Probably because I'm a perfectionist so I want to share the best result only with new GPU, but I really consider whether I will release my low-res test render thread later. :cool:

It will depends if you plan to do complex scenes (with 2+ genesis 8 characters) where the Vram limit can be reached and Iray will fall back to CPU.
But if you stick to simple scenes that fits into the RTX3060ti 8gig of Vram the render time will be faster with the Ti as it has more Cuda core 4864 vs 3584 for the 3060

The Cuda cores are what Iray is using to render so more is better.

If you also play demanding games the 3060ti is a better choice tough.

I captured a screenshot of a Daz scene with 3 G8 and 2 cars where my 8 gig of Vram is near
it’s limit as an example.
View attachment 1242061
Thank you! It really help me to decide. Yes I prefer 3060 Ti since it has more Cuda cores and larger bandwidth than 3060. So if I buy it, I should keep the scene simpler or using script to reduce the texture to fit in 8GB VRAM. Who knows later I have more spare budget for 3080 Ti since 3070 also have the same 8GB VRAM.

BTW, how is 3060 TI performance or your experience on Unreal Engine 5?

Back
Top Bottom