How To Talk For Artists And Users (Rendering)

Go to CruxDreams.com
This scene by my friend Kelderek was modeled and rendered in Blender 2.82

farmhouse.jpg

I know I already posted this in my own thread, but I couldn't resist to show it off here since I think it's my best render so far and it's all done with Blender (except for the textures, for which I used Substance Painter):
(Image stored on Imgur)
d3EFDWF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, this is a great piece of work...
Applauds

I know I already posted this in my own thread, but I couldn't resist to show it off here since I think it's my best render so far and it's all done with Blender (except for the textures, for which I used Substance Painter):

I'm particularly impressed by the realistic materials, cool work, really.
If you allow me a constructive critique, her clavicles extend a bit too much towards the lateral part of the body.

Yep, this is a great piece of work...
Applauds
I'm particularly impressed by the realistic materials, cool work, really.
If you allow me a constructive critique, her clavicles extend a bit too much towards the lateral part of the body.

When it comes to materials, I mostly just mix match stock PBR textures whenever I can, so I can't really claim the credit for that :)

I agree that the clavicles look rather unnatural. I remember @mp5stab pointing out the same problem before, and now I'm convinced that there's something wrong with the proportion.
I'll try to check them against references and fix them later.

Thanks much for the encouragement! and criticism!

When it comes to materials, I mostly just mix match stock PBR textures whenever I can, so I can't really claim the credit for that :)

I agree that the clavicles look rather unnatural. I remember @mp5stab pointing out the same problem before, and now I'm convinced that there's something wrong with the proportion.
I'll try to check them against references and fix them later.

Thanks much for the encouragement! and criticism!

Anatomy is a cruel mistress but you are doing very well, in my opinion! Even celebrated professional artists often make mistakes in that field (just look at the number of abs, they sometimes add in their characters).
I've always been curious about Substance Painter, is it hard to use?

Anatomy is a cruel mistress but you are doing very well, in my opinion! Even celebrated professional artists often make mistakes in that field (just look at the number of abs, they sometimes add in their characters).
I've always been curious about Substance Painter, is it hard to use?
Aside from getting used to the shortcuts, I found it mostly intuitive to use. It was fairly simple to learn, compared to Blender, for instance. I really like the non-destructive workflow and many stock contents it provides. The only gripe I have with the tool (aside from the pricing) is that it's rather unstable on Linux and it can become infuriatingly slow with many layers.

Aside from getting used to the shortcuts, I found it mostly intuitive to use. It was fairly simple to learn, compared to Blender, for instance. I really like the non-destructive workflow and many stock contents it provides. The only gripe I have with the tool (aside from the pricing) is that it's rather unstable on Linux and it can become infuriatingly slow with many layers.

Thanks.

(Image stored on Imgur)
d3EFDWF.jpg
With realistic textures results like this you motivate me to to learn Substance Painter!
I took a quick look at it a couple of month ago but did not did continue.
Looks like it’s worth it!

I've been a bit obsessed with 3D Ultrawoman recently, so I want to create some LIE tattoos for G8F. But I found it difficult to draw on UVs maps, I couldn't tell which part of the body was, the connection between the torso and other parts is also a problem… So is there any software that can be used to draw on 3D models(*.obj) ?

My two cents: 3D softwares simplify many aspects of picture making, other aspects are complicated regardless of the media used.
A crucial suggestion that I have recived many years ago when I started with 3D (with zero previous experience) is: pay a lot of attention to the shadows, they play an essential role in conveying the "message" and they can make (or break) an image. That means: learn a lot of things about photography, about the various types of 3D shadows, according to the rendering engine you use, and experiment a lot.
A Google search about "3 point lighting" will certainly help.

Also, have a look at this tutorial:

BTW, basic tutorials by DAZ are brief, well done and helpful.

Good luck with your art!

Back
Top Bottom