How to use "quote" ?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Since I am a member, I wonder how "quote" is used (between "like" and "reply")? Thanks in advance for making me less stupid!
Block-highlight the bit of text you want to quote, then click “+quote” just underneath. Then, when you reply, click “insert quotes” at the bottom of the reply box.

You can do multiple quotes from the same post or from different ones at the same time if you want.

You can also “quote” a picture or pictures, but only if they’re inserted as thumbnails, not if they’re just attached to a post as attachments.

Block-highlight the bit of text you want to quote, then click “+quote” just underneath. Then, when you reply, click “insert quotes” at the bottom of the reply box.

You can do multiple quotes from the same post or from different ones at the same time if you want.

You can also “quote” a picture or pictures, but only if they’re inserted as thumbnails, not if they’re just attached to a post as attachments.
And what is the difference with 'Reply' asks this dummy!? :confundio1:

“Reply” quotes the whole post you’re replying to.
Thank you! But you can also reply to parts of a post by selecting it. Then two options pop up for that selection : either '+quote', or 'reply'. I did the above reply by selecting the text and clicking 'reply'. So, the difference remains unclear for me. :nusenuse: :eusa_doh:

Thank you! But you can also reply to parts of a post by selecting it. Then two options pop up for that selection : either '+quote', or 'reply'. I did the above reply by selecting the text and clicking 'reply'. So, the difference remains unclear for me. :nusenuse: :eusa_doh:
Well then the difference is that you can use “quote” to gather highlighted chunks of several different posts and quote them all together in one reply. You can’t do that with “reply” :eek:

Well then the difference is that you can use “quote” to gather highlighted chunks of several different posts and quote them all together in one reply. You can’t do that with “reply” :eek:
Well, actually you can gather together a clutch of whole replies - or even a mixture of quotes and whole replies - but the 'quote' option is useful if you want to pick a bit out from a lengthy, wordy post.

Back
Top Bottom