I painted a crucified woman

Go to CruxDreams.com
It's just a painting, not the best, but I enjoyed doing it and thought I'd share with those who might appreciate it.
View attachment 899714

JJ, for reasons that resist analysis your painting brought to mind The Dream, by Henri Matisse.

732DDD17-4781-4AD2-AB06-CC43DD562B8F.jpeg

If I ever figure that one out, I’ll let you know. ;)

Second try. I think it is in several ways better than the first, but I still need a lot more practice. Will keep updating the thread for more - I went with less blood and no whipping scars in this one.
View attachment 903466

Coming along quite nicely, I think :)

Second try. I think it is in several ways better than the first, but I still need a lot more practice. Will keep updating the thread for more - I went with less blood and no whipping scars in this one.
View attachment 903466
And I can already see some improvement!
Love it!

Why can we not have PM with you ? ...

Concerning the models, I can propose to you some of the photos that I use when I make manips of my crucifixion ...

Here, for example : https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/anjoucalvaries.3014/

If you wish different " shading/lighting, and high contrast in the lighting for practicing dimension. ", I can rework them for your satisfaction ...

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,069
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 951
  • 1589171746.jpg
    1589171746.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 990
Why can we not have PM with you ? ...

I think my settings were wrong, I changed them so I should be able to receive messages now! Sorry about that.

The second one, "31.jpg" is particularly good with the contrast in lighting I'm looking for. Perhaps I should add that I'm also very interested in models who look like they're suffering, these ones look relaxed and posed, but I like some active straining if possible. Thank you so much! I'll look through your threads for more.

Nude, tied to my cross, lost in the forest, an artist was coming : he painted me and without a word, he get out and never I saw him again ...

It rests this beautiful oeuvre ...

Thanks to you, the artist ! :rolleyes:

Does anyone have photos that would make good models for these paintings? I'm looking for straightforward or slightly slanted angles for ease of shading/lighting, and high contrast in the lighting for practicing dimension.
Hi, your paintings are wonderful, really nice. Here's some pics of my wife, if you like them make their painting version.
V 198.jpgV 144.jpgV 339.jpgV 258.jpgCrown 78.jpgV 213.jpgV 222.jpg
and link of my thread, there are many pics, if you like them for your paintings.

Back
Top Bottom