I painted a crucified woman

Go to CruxDreams.com
Your painting technique is pretty good right now. I would suggest you work on form and proportion. That’s something you develop after drawing for a while, naturally, but you can definitely speed up the process with some rapid figure drawing.
Thank you, I will practice more rapid figure drawing before painting my next one! Maybe I'll have some sketches to share.

Just a sketch for now. I'm going to work on the hands more, they look too small and simple here. I'm going through a recent series of pictures from the thread "Fit, Lovely Ladies Crucified" for my models. Also I realized part way through that the left model is leaning off her cross, so the angle isn't quite right, but I'll work on that.

Attachments

• 20210321_210727.jpg
    20210321_210727.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 723
JJ, for reasons that resist analysis your painting brought to mind The Dream, by Henri Matisse.

View attachment 901836

If I ever figure that one out, I’ll let you know. ;)
I was thinking Goya with the first image...

It's just a painting, not the best, but I enjoyed doing it and thought I'd share with those who might appreciate it.
View attachment 899714
Like Apostate straight away I was reminded of a more famous artist, Goya. The boldness of colour and the fullness of her breasts.
Thanks for sharing, you’ve made great progress too

Last edited:
A little bit of fanciful writing for Gabrielle's painting:

Her arms are very strong

She has fought many battles

Wielded heavy weapons

But her final fight

Will be one she cannot win

It will be the death of her

To die crucified

The cross will conquer her strong body

Weakness will overcome her

As she struggles to breathe

But she will last days

Because she is so strong

Painting is difficult! Blue lighting is difficult, too! This whole angle is a real challenge and I need to practice a lot more before I can get her to look like anything but this guy:
1636114162722.png
Sorry to spoil your fun with laughter this morning, but...you've got to laugh at your own work sometimes. It's bad! I know it's bad. Don't compliment me if it's terrible. I'm going to watch some videos on how to do certain details better and paint over everything in better blue tones.

I welcome criticism from the artists among us who may have tried blue lighting and this angle right here: the moment before the nails go in.

Tempted to throw the whole thing away and start over. But I will most likely paint more layers until I like how it turns out.

I can paint other things with more success, but I'm impatient with the learning process. The proportions are all wrong, and those tits are bigger than her face, and her hand looks like a blue mitten. 20211105_051245.jpg
Anyway...working on it.

Enjoy a glimpse of my super secret first painting that I've done by commission - maybe I should stick to landscapes and full body angles in realistic tones. But then - every artist has to start with trial and error. It's a matter of sticking to it.

(I do wish I had a proper scanner instead of just my camera phone for these)

Attachments

• Painting layer 2.png
    Painting layer 2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 204
Painting is difficult! Blue lighting is difficult, too! This whole angle is a real challenge and I need to practice a lot more before I can get her to look like anything but this guy:
View attachment 1084441
Sorry to spoil your fun with laughter this morning, but...you've got to laugh at your own work sometimes. It's bad! I know it's bad. Don't compliment me if it's terrible. I'm going to watch some videos on how to do certain details better and paint over everything in better blue tones.

I welcome criticism from the artists among us who may have tried blue lighting and this angle right here: the moment before the nails go in.

Tempted to throw the whole thing away and start over. But I will most likely paint more layers until I like how it turns out.

I can paint other things with more success, but I'm impatient with the learning process. The proportions are all wrong, and those tits are bigger than her face, and her hand looks like a blue mitten. View attachment 1084442
Anyway...working on it.

Enjoy a glimpse of my super secret first painting that I've done by commission - maybe I should stick to landscapes and full body angles in realistic tones. But then - every artist has to start with trial and error. It's a matter of sticking to it.

(I do wish I had a proper scanner instead of just my camera phone for these)
Well, I for one think it's coming on nicely, Judith!

I shall continue to watch with interest.

:popcorn:

Loving the development, fascinating. I hope you work out the blue, it could be extremely lovely. Agree with your self analysis except it’s still cool to see

Back
Top Bottom