IgnikaMarcus' "Nailvember" Campaign.

Go to CruxDreams.com
Yeah, I'm gonna.
But this time I'm gonna ask for those who add, copy it, start a PM with me, paste it and add your suggestion(s) to the corresponding day(s).

1. (Insert suggestion here) 11. (Insert suggestion here) 21. (Insert suggestion here)
2. (Insert suggestion here) 12. (Insert suggestion here) 22. (Insert suggestion here)
3. (Insert suggestion here) 13. (Insert suggestion here) 23. (Insert suggestion here)
4. (Insert suggestion here) 14. (Insert suggestion here) 24. (Insert suggestion here)
5. (Insert suggestion here) 15. (Insert suggestion here) 25. (Insert suggestion here)
6. (Insert suggestion here) 16. (Insert suggestion here) 26. (Insert suggestion here)
7. (Insert suggestion here) 17. (Insert suggestion here) 27. (Insert suggestion here)
8. (Insert suggestion here) 18. (Insert suggestion here) 28. (Insert suggestion here)
9. (Insert suggestion here) 19. (Insert suggestion here) 29. (Insert suggestion here)
10. (Insert suggestion here) 20. (Insert suggestion here) 30. (Insert suggestion here)

Once the list is full I'll post it.

I would suggest using the list of last year of the items you couldn't do then, to make start :)

I'm imagining a series that is maybe too zany.
Starts with three topless ladies carrying their crossbeams. But the two in the back are actually carrying the same crossbeam, which is the stipe.
Those two are crucified back to back (maybe with an image of the second girl facing the sky being nailed while the first girl is pressed face-first against the ground by the cross) on the fully constructed cross. And the girl who carried the crossbeam gets nailed crux simplex below one of them. Maybe she's concerned that the girl directly above her no longer wears a loincloth- a functional opening of the floodgates.

I suppose that comprises four different shots? No worries if it's too out there!

Checking on female martyrs in November, apart from Catherine and Cecilia, I think you included them last year?
A couple were beheaded, but this one might be more interesting:
Nov. 13 Ennatha, martyred at Caesarea in Palestine under Galerius: she was burnt alive, her male companions beheaded.

The long awaited update! Going off the incomplete 2021 list. Enjoy Day 1.

Attachments

• NV_Intro_1-min.png
    NV_Intro_1-min.png
    642.1 KB · Views: 872
  • NV_Intro_2-min.png
    NV_Intro_2-min.png
    683.4 KB · Views: 677
  • NV_Intro_3-min.png
    NV_Intro_3-min.png
    528.4 KB · Views: 787
  • Nailvember_Belated-min.png
    Nailvember_Belated-min.png
    618.6 KB · Views: 889
There is a story in Josephus Jewish Antiquities XVIII about a freed woman Ide who is crucified under Tiberius for helping her former master deceive a patrician woman so he could sleep with her. There are illustrations on this site under "Didi on the Cross". It is tied in with Jesus in the manuscript. The story is here.
https://uncertaintist.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/josephus-and-jesus-i-the-shifty-seduction-of-paulina/
Since this apparently really happened, and is one of the few specific ancient texts to mention the crucifixion of a woman, it is interesting.
Maybe you could do a set of vignettes: the condemnation, the journey to execution, the stripping, the nailing, etc., and focus on her emotions.
I appreciate your willingness to share your art.

Back
Top Bottom