Imprisonment and Execution in Modern Singapore Part III of Barb's Singapore Saga

Go to CruxDreams.com
I always imagined that I knew how this wpnderful epic would end. Barb and Amanda would live, right? And Jeffrey would somehow get them off, even if purely by chance, and redeem himself in the process, right?

... but, PrPr weaves such a magnificent maze, that I now fear that I could be oh so wrong on all counts!

This is so damn good!
We are into the fateful Friday. Less than seven hours remain until the girls mount the poles for one final ride!
So much to cover in that short time. Josephine's fate; Kathy and Jeffrey; Ambassador Walkerson and Jeffrey; Commandant bin Osman's preparations, Chunhua's morning after; Musa and Frost attempting to see the President; Barb and Kathy prepared to execution; and somewhere, backstage and out of sight, RBG still pulling strings - the puppet master moving all these characters to her beat.

Stay Tuned :hanged: :span1::eek::icon_popcorn::icon_popcorn::icon_popcorn::icon_popcorn::icon_popcorn:

We are into the fateful Friday. Less than seven hours remain until the girls mount the poles for one final ride!
So much to cover in that short time. Josephine's fate; Kathy and Jeffrey; Ambassador Walkerson and Jeffrey; Commandant bin Osman's preparations, Chunhua's morning after; Musa and Frost attempting to see the President; Barb and Kathy prepared to execution; and somewhere, backstage and out of sight, RBG still pulling strings - the puppet master moving all these characters to her beat.

Stay Tuned :hanged: :span1::eek::icon_popcorn::icon_popcorn::icon_popcorn::icon_popcorn::icon_popcorn:
You do mean Barb and Amanda prepared for execution, right ... surely not poor, pregnant, hapless Kathy?

You do mean Barb and Amanda prepared for execution, right ... surely not poor, pregnant, hapless Kathy?

Josephine would seem to be a more likely candidate, but that would bring a whole new meaning to "Instant Justice"
A typo? A Freudian slip? An innocent substitution? Who knows? Who could possibly wish poor sweet Kathy any more pain?

What we do know is that there are only three stands and with the book ending this very day, there can only be a max of three nubile, sensuous, lovely, sexy ladies executed.

Last edited:
Tomorrow's post will mark the dawn of Friday, April 12, the last day of this strange eventful history. Long term readers may recall (if senility hasn't interposed while the story dragged on) back on September 12, 2019, the first post of the tale began with Barbara Moore arriving for a quick vacation in Singapore on February 24, 2019. On February 28, she was arrested for gum chewing. Forty-three days to bring us to this point. In the immortal words of Jerry Garcia in Truckin':
Lately, it occurs to me
What a long, strange trip it's been.

Of course, Barbara and Amanda would rather focus on the last lines:
Truckin', I'm a goin' home
Whoa, whoa, baby, back where I belong
Back home, sit down and patch my bones.

Last edited:
Seratus Lima Puluh Empat – 5 Hours
Friday, April 12, 2019. At 7:02 AM, the sun rose over The Republic of Singapore. The day started with clear skies and 26.1°C (79°F). Sunny skies were forecast with lower humidity and a high of 32.8° (91°). “This will be a Glorious Day,” gushed one weatherman.

Cell, Parliamentary Guards HQ, Singapore, Friday, April 12, 2019, 7:03 AM
Josephine sat on the cot, alone with her thoughts. That Italian Sausage Casserole has been marvelous. She wondered where she would be eating her next meal.
Her agreement with Mama Rut was clear and unbreakable. Jo, out of loyalty and love, would say nothing, claim nothing, and make no effort to block her sentencing. Whatever happened, she deserved it. Taking others to task would not change her own guilt.
Mama Rut, on her part, had promised nothing. She expected Jo to show her loyalty with no necessity of a return. She had only said, “You are berharga to me, anak saya*. I shall do what I can.”
That was enough for Josephine.

Two guards appeared at the cell door. “Time for your trial, First Minister.”
Josephine rose and walking with all the dignity she could summon, she went between the two, out of her cell.

[Redacted Location] Hodges Condo, Singapore, Friday 7:35 AM
Jeffrey Hodges rose early and left his condo before his wife stirred. He was still furious at her for her stupid behavior at the dinner. When they had got home, she had again tried to make excuses. She even had the nerve to try to blame it all on Ambassador Walkerson, claiming he asked to see her breast. Jeffrey almost slugged her in the face when she said that. It took every bit of self-control he possessed, but he didn’t. He, instead, forced the ball-gag into her mouth. As he tightened the strap as tight as possible, he hissed at her, “I want no more of your excuses or lies! If I ever hear you repeat anything negative about Scot, even to criticize his hair, I swear I’ll hit you so hard, you won’t remember a thing!” He jerked her around to face him. “Understand, bitch?” Kathy meekly nodded assent.
Jeffrey grabbed the shoulders of Kathy’s dress and pulled them down hard, tearing the dress front. “OK. Strip off those clothes fast, before I rip them off!”

The S&M had been different for Jeffrey last night. He was hurting Kathy to punish her. She wasn’t asking for it. Surprisingly, he had enjoyed it more than the consensual evenings. In the end, he’d mounted her from behind and slipped his cock between her cane-welted asscheeks. As he began pounding her to her muffled cries through the gag, it had been possibly the best sex of his life.

This morning, Hodges was calmer but every bit as angry. His mind went back to how Kathy’d cried and whimpered as he beat her. For a moment, Jeffrey thought of getting out his ‘tools’ and working her over again this morning. But he didn’t have the time. Hodges promised himself that he’d apply part 2 of her punishment tonight. He needed to teach the bitch a very hard lesson, Jeff thought, as he went out the condo door.

Courtroom, Parliament Building, Singapore, Friday, 7:50 AM
Josephine entered the courtroom in the Parliament building flanked by her two guards. She was allowed to wear street clothes and no restraints – per instruction from Musa. She observed a single judge in a wig and red robes on the elevated bench with three clerks sitting in front. To the right was a table with two lawyers, probably prosecutors, and to the left was a table with Mr. Chan and a vacant chair. The old attorney waved Jo to join him. When she did, Jo looked toward the rear and saw the two detectives, the Guard’s Commander, Wei An Kow, and Mcgregor. None of the public had been admitted. Her Ladyship’s request to Colonel An Kow had been honored. Jo politely greeted Chan, sat, and stared ahead in silence.

At Eight precisely, the clerk ordered all to rise.
“Court of the Parliament of the Republic of Singapore is now in session. Justice Miles Lawson, presiding.”
Josephine watched the old, short, and bent man enter, slowly climb the steps to his bench and sit. At seventy-four, Miles Lawson had been a judge in Singapore for over forty-five years, the last twenty-nine with the Parliamentary Court. No claims for legal brilliance were ever made on his behalf. But, he knew the law and was regarded as totally honest and fair. It was said that if God himself had ordered Miles to rule against the letter of the law, the judge would politely decline the Almighty’s request.

The prosecutor outlined the charges against the Defendant. Lawson asked Josephine to rise and repeat her plea.
“Guilty of all charges, your honor.”
“Thank you. You may be seated.” The judge picked up a paper with his notes on it.
“Although the Defendant was only arrested two days ago, there is already complete agreement among the parties present. The lack of dispute on all matters presented has made any further extension of these legal proceedings unnecessary. I therefore find the Defendant, Josephine Shanmugam, guilt of all counts in the charges.” He banged his gavel.
“Furthermore, said agreements among the parties had given me the chance to review the sentencing guidelines and the recommendation of the prosecutor before this trial. Does the prosecution have anything to add?”
One of the lawyers at the other table rose, “No, your honor,” and sat back down.
“Counsel for the Defense. Do you still wish to refrain from a sentencing recommendation?”
Chan rose with an air of resignation. “At the instruction of my client, yes, your honor.”
“Does the Defendant wish to say anything to the court to urge the lightening of the sentence?
Josephine rose and said, “No, your honor,” and sat back down.
“Defense Counsel? Any claim for mitigation?”
“I am only permitted by my client to remind the court of her extensive and high public service.”
“Very good. The court had already arrived at its likely sentencing before this session. I must say that the sparse action here has done nothing to change my opinion.”
“Any credit that the Defendant would be granted for her high service in government has been negated by the fact that her crimes constitute a direct affront to the trust that was placed in her. The scandalous way she ignored her responsibilities and betrayed that trust removes any thought on my part of credit for service.”
“Would the Defendant please rise?” Josephine stood up, proud and tall, with Chan, looking exceptionally sad, beside her.
“On the count of encouraging sexual assault and rape on Parliamentary grounds, this court shares the deep offense felt by all in the Parliamentary community at this defiling of our sacred premises. A planned and premeditated befouling of our grounds is an offense of the worst kind. Therefore, the Defendant is sentenced to life imprisonment at hard labor.”
Even in the sparsely occupied room, there was a soft audible gasp. Lawson had opted for the maximum allowable penalty.

“On the count of subverting the course of justice by both falsifying evidence and by preventing an accused from presenting evidence, the court sees these offenses as striking at the very heart of the fairness of our criminal justice system. The Parliament has passed laws with strict penalties, counting on the fairness of our courts. To subvert those is an insult to our very rule of law. It is incredible to have that subversion performed by the highest-ranking official charged with the fair and proper justice administration. Nevertheless, the Defendant, while First Minister of Home Affairs, did indeed instigate the subversion.” Miles paused to take a breath and review the notes in front of him.
“Combined with the previous charge, which already carries the maximum, non-capital, punishment available, there is only one way that I can impose a sentence that punishes this heinous crime adequately.”
Another short pause.
“I sentence you, Josephine Shanmugam, to death by impalement and hanging.”

This time the gasps in the courtroom were loud.
“Miss Shanmugam, it is my understanding that you intend not to appeal.”
“No, your honor. I am prepared to meet my just punishment. I wish all uncertainty to end as soon as possible.”
“Very well. I order you to be turned over to the Commandant of Changi Prison and executed today at noon.” Miles pounded his gavel with vigor and said, “Court is adjourned.”

* “You are precious to me, my child.”

Seratus Lima Puluh Empat – 5 Hours
Friday, April 12, 2019. At 7:02 AM, the sun rose over The Republic of Singapore. The day started with clear skies and 26.1°C (79°F). Sunny skies were forecast with lower humidity and a high of 32.8° (91°). “This will be a Glorious Day,” gushed one weatherman.

Cell, Parliamentary Guards HQ, Singapore, Friday, April 12, 2019, 7:03 AM
Josephine sat on the cot, alone with her thoughts. That Italian Sausage Casserole has been marvelous. She wondered where she would be eating her next meal.
Her agreement with Mama Rut was clear and unbreakable. Jo, out of loyalty and love, would say nothing, claim nothing, and make no effort to block her sentencing. Whatever happened, she deserved it. Taking others to task would not change her own guilt.
Mama Rut, on her part, had promised nothing. She expected Jo to show her loyalty with no necessity of a return. She had only said, “You are berharga to me, anak saya*. I shall do what I can.”
That was enough for Josephine.

Two guards appeared at the cell door. “Time for your trial, First Minister.”
Josephine rose and walking with all the dignity she could summon, she went between the two, out of her cell.

[Redacted Location] Hodges Condo, Singapore, Friday 7:35 AM
Jeffrey Hodges rose early and left his condo before his wife stirred. He was still furious at her for her stupid behavior at the dinner. When they had got home, she had again tried to make excuses. She even had the nerve to try to blame it all on Ambassador Walkerson, claiming he asked to see her breast. Jeffrey almost slugged her in the face when she said that. It took every bit of self-control he possessed, but he didn’t. He, instead, forced the ball-gag into her mouth. As he tightened the strap as tight as possible, he hissed at her, “I want no more of your excuses or lies! If I ever hear you repeat anything negative about Scot, even to criticize his hair, I swear I’ll hit you so hard, you won’t remember a thing!” He jerked her around to face him. “Understand, bitch?” Kathy meekly nodded assent.
Jeffrey grabbed the shoulders of Kathy’s dress and pulled them down hard, tearing the dress front. “OK. Strip off those clothes fast, before I rip them off!”

The S&M had been different for Jeffrey last night. He was hurting Kathy to punish her. She wasn’t asking for it. Surprisingly, he had enjoyed it more than the consensual evenings. In the end, he’d mounted her from behind and slipped his cock between her cane-welted asscheeks. As he began pounding her to her muffled cries through the gag, it had been possibly the best sex of his life.

This morning, Hodges was calmer but every bit as angry. His mind went back to how Kathy’d cried and whimpered as he beat her. For a moment, Jeffrey thought of getting out his ‘tools’ and working her over again this morning. But he didn’t have the time. Hodges promised himself that he’d apply part 2 of her punishment tonight. He needed to teach the bitch a very hard lesson, Jeff thought, as he went out the condo door.

Courtroom, Parliament Building, Singapore, Friday, 7:50 AM
Josephine entered the courtroom in the Parliament building flanked by her two guards. She was allowed to wear street clothes and no restraints – per instruction from Musa. She observed a single judge in a wig and red robes on the elevated bench with three clerks sitting in front. To the right was a table with two lawyers, probably prosecutors, and to the left was a table with Mr. Chan and a vacant chair. The old attorney waved Jo to join him. When she did, Jo looked toward the rear and saw the two detectives, the Guard’s Commander, Wei An Kow, and Mcgregor. None of the public had been admitted. Her Ladyship’s request to Colonel An Kow had been honored. Jo politely greeted Chan, sat, and stared ahead in silence.

At Eight precisely, the clerk ordered all to rise.
“Court of the Parliament of the Republic of Singapore is now in session. Justice Miles Lawson, presiding.”
Josephine watched the old, short, and bent man enter, slowly climb the steps to his bench and sit. At seventy-four, Miles Lawson had been a judge in Singapore for over forty-five years, the last twenty-nine with the Parliamentary Court. No claims for legal brilliance were ever made on his behalf. But, he knew the law and was regarded as totally honest and fair. It was said that if God himself had ordered Miles to rule against the letter of the law, the judge would politely decline the Almighty’s request.

The prosecutor outlined the charges against the Defendant. Lawson asked Josephine to rise and repeat her plea.
“Guilty of all charges, your honor.”
“Thank you. You may be seated.” The judge picked up a paper with his notes on it.
“Although the Defendant was only arrested two days ago, there is already complete agreement among the parties present. The lack of dispute on all matters presented has made any further extension of these legal proceedings unnecessary. I therefore find the Defendant, Josephine Shanmugam, guilt of all counts in the charges.” He banged his gavel.
“Furthermore, said agreements among the parties had given me the chance to review the sentencing guidelines and the recommendation of the prosecutor before this trial. Does the prosecution have anything to add?”
One of the lawyers at the other table rose, “No, your honor,” and sat back down.
“Counsel for the Defense. Do you still wish to refrain from a sentencing recommendation?”
Chan rose with an air of resignation. “At the instruction of my client, yes, your honor.”
“Does the Defendant wish to say anything to the court to urge the lightening of the sentence?
Josephine rose and said, “No, your honor,” and sat back down.
“Defense Counsel? Any claim for mitigation?”
“I am only permitted by my client to remind the court of her extensive and high public service.”
“Very good. The court had already arrived at its likely sentencing before this session. I must say that the sparse action here has done nothing to change my opinion.”
“Any credit that the Defendant would be granted for her high service in government has been negated by the fact that her crimes constitute a direct affront to the trust that was placed in her. The scandalous way she ignored her responsibilities and betrayed that trust removes any thought on my part of credit for service.”
“Would the Defendant please rise?” Josephine stood up, proud and tall, with Chan, looking exceptionally sad, beside her.
“On the count of encouraging sexual assault and rape on Parliamentary grounds, this court shares the deep offense felt by all in the Parliamentary community at this defiling of our sacred premises. A planned and premeditated befouling of our grounds is an offense of the worst kind. Therefore, the Defendant is sentenced to life imprisonment at hard labor.”
Even in the sparsely occupied room, there was a soft audible gasp. Lawson had opted for the maximum allowable penalty.

“On the count of subverting the course of justice by both falsifying evidence and by preventing an accused from presenting evidence, the court sees these offenses as striking at the very heart of the fairness of our criminal justice system. The Parliament has passed laws with strict penalties, counting on the fairness of our courts. To subvert those is an insult to our very rule of law. It is incredible to have that subversion performed by the highest-ranking official charged with the fair and proper justice administration. Nevertheless, the Defendant, while First Minister of Home Affairs, did indeed instigate the subversion.” Miles paused to take a breath and review the notes in front of him.
“Combined with the previous charge, which already carries the maximum, non-capital, punishment available, there is only one way that I can impose a sentence that punishes this heinous crime adequately.”
Another short pause.
“I sentence you, Josephine Shanmugam, to death by impalement and hanging.”

This time the gasps in the courtroom were loud.
“Miss Shanmugam, it is my understanding that you intend not to appeal.”
“No, your honor. I am prepared to meet my just punishment. I wish all uncertainty to end as soon as possible.”
“Very well. I order you to be turned over to the Commandant of Changi Prison and executed today at noon.” Miles pounded his gavel with vigor and said, “Court is adjourned.”

* “You are precious to me, my child.”
The good news for Josephine is that '... life imprisonment and hard labor ...' was quickly superseded :) What a hung and impaled triumvirate we have to look forward to ... wow!
But Hodges deserves his comeuppance somehow. The man has absolutely no redeeming features!
Great chapter PrPr ...

Jeffrey has used his long rattan cane
To whip poor Kathy again.
She then had to do what she must
To slake his anger fueled lust.
To present a defence, Jo obviously failed,
So now she`s to be hung and impaled.
Now we all know the score
And who that third stand is for!

Well ... that third execution apparatus will now have a purpose. PrPr has conjured up a triple play at the top of the ninth. End of inning, game over. Home team wins, Fans are requested not to rush the field.
But will it be a triple? Don't forget the bulldog, Frost! Though time is getting very short! Less than four hours until impalement!

But will it be a triple? Don't forget the bulldog, Frost! Though time is getting very short! Less than four hours until impalement!

I wonder, as in the movies, whether the condemned will be allowed a few memorably brave and stirring last words, before their executioner is given that fateful nod? :rolleyes:

Seratus Lima Puluh Lima – 3 Hours 49 minutes

US Embassy, Singapore, Friday, 8:11 AM
Before Jeffrey could enter his office, Mrs. Rittenhouse intercepted him.
“The Ambassador wanted to see you the moment you arrived. Direct from his secretary.”
“Thank you, Mrs. Rittenhouse,” Jeffrey couldn’t imagine addressing her by other than her last name. She was like that demanding schoolmarm in fourth grade! He turned around and headed for the elevators.
Shit! he thought, it’s the end. I’ll be sacked and sent back to the States. Goddammit! Fired after a very short time with the State Department would look terrible on a resume. Where could his career go after this? Why couldn’t Kathy have behaved herself?

Hodges entered the waiting room to Ambassador Walkerson’s office on the top floor. Seven people were sitting waiting. The line to see the Ambassador was legendary. Jeffrey tried to steel himself to sit for an hour while waiting to be canned.
He went up to the secretary to check-in.
“Jeffrey Hodges to see the Ambassador.” He said meekly.
“Oh, Mr. Hodges. You are here at last. Please, go right in; the Ambassador is waiting for you."
Great, he thought. Walkerson couldn’t wait to fire him.

Trying to stand upright and be dignified in his disgrace, Jeffrey grabbed the handle and let himself into the inner office. There he found Burnside sitting with the Ambassador in two of three comfortable chairs by the windows.
Walkerson jumped up as soon as he saw Hodges.
“Jeffrey, I’m so glad you are here,” he said, hurrying over and shaking his hand enthusiastically. “Come join us. Will you have some coffee?”
“Um, yes. That would be nice.” Sipping coffee while been dismissed – a new approach.
Scot poked his head out the door. “Nancy, please bring another cup for Mr. Hodges and a pot to warm ours as well.” He then put his arm around Jeffrey and led him to the empty chair. Burnside greeted the attorney and made some small talk while the secretary had refilled their cups and left.

Walkerson began, “Jeffrey, I wanted to see you first thing to resolve what happened last night.”
“Look, Mr. Ambassador. I want to apologize – “
“Please, Jeffrey, I’ve told you to call me Scot. And you have nothing for which to apologize. I was most impressed by you and your lovely bride last night.” Hodges look incredulous. The Ambassador caught his look. “Yes, well, I mean up until her ‘wardrobe malfunction’ as it's called,” he said with a laugh.
“Kathy is loyal to you, charming and very attractive. Those are all vital attributes for the wife of a rising star. Whether you stay in the State Department or follow me into politics, you need the support and absolute obedience of a dutiful spouse.”
Jeffrey hid his sigh of relief that the Ambassador would still regard him as a ‘rising star.’
“But her action, er, showing her breast - ?”
“Look, Jeff, everyone makes mistakes. I am sure that Kathy can learn from her mistakes. Of course, vital to her learning would be careful teaching by you. I would hope that you firmly corrected her when you were alone?” Jeffrey nodded vigorously.
“And you provided some physical correction when you got home?”
“Yes, Sir. I mean, Scot. I did try to teach her a lesson.”
“Excellent! A good wife needs to know her position concerning her husband’s career. Too many wives – and I might say husbands – these days don’t understand the value and comfort of firm discipline and rules in the home. Love is important in a marriage, but respect and discipline are essential in a good wife. I often say ‘spare the rod and spoil the wife.’ Don’t you agree?”
“Yes, Scot.” Jeffrey was incredibly relieved to find that he was not in trouble. And the encouragement from the Ambassador merely reinforced his new attitude toward Kathy. “I do practice that rule. I can assure you that Kathy deeply regretted her error after I had finished.”
“So glad to hear it. Make sure you teach Kathy the importance of everything she might do to advance your career, including showing proper respect for your friends and superiors. I hope you will come to regard me as both.”
“I already do, Scot. I shall be sure to instruct her in the needed deference.”
“Thank you, Jeff,” the Ambassador said, standing. “You have confirmed my earlier regard for your strength and judgment.” He took Hodges's hand and shook it with enthusiasm. “I think we are going to have a successful partnership.”
He showed Jeff to the door and went with him into the outer office. “Glad you’ve agreed to work with me, Jeffrey. You are a vital part of this Embassy,” Scot said in a firm voice, so all could hear his praise of the young attorney.

The Ambassador regarded him as a partner! Jeffrey left the room walking on air.

[Redacted Location] Hodges Condo, Singapore, Friday 8:15 AM
Kathy Hodges dragged herself out of bed and staggered to the bathroom. So much of her body was in pain.
She sat on the commode and began crying again, thinking of last night.
After she had stripped naked in front of Jeffrey, he had slapped her across the face and said, “Whore! Get on the bed on your stomach. I’m going to cane you like I’ve never done before. Stick that whore’s ass in the air for your punishment.”
Kathy had done as she was told, but between sobs, loudly begged through the gag, trying to tell Jeff that her ass was still too damaged from the previous night. Jeff, who had been retrieving his bags of ‘tools’ from the closet, seemed to understand her. He took a quick look at her butt and realized he needed to change his plans. Some cuts had barely closed. Caning it again would undoubtedly risk infection.
He grabbed her legs and twisted to turn her over on her back. Then he proceeded to chain her wrists and ankles to the four sturdy bedposts, pulling her tight.
Kathy had stared at her husband through this in terror. He seemed a different man, an angry, out-of-control monster. Then she saw him snake his leather belt for his pants.
“OK, bitch. You want to show off your tits. I’ll give you something to show off.”
Kathy struggled with her bonds. Jeffery had never hurt her breasts during their ‘play.’ She stared wide-eyed as he snapped the heavy leather in the air. He couldn’t; he just couldn’t!

Jeffrey raised his arm and brought down the belt directly on her two swollen tits.

I think I need to borrow the loathometer that Wragg invented for expressing disgust for the behaviors of a CF story character. Jeffrey’s reading would be clear off the charts! What a loathsome, albeit handsome, turd cad he has turned out to be. For shame! For shame!

To clarify, I think that in the beginning of this tale I saw Jeffrey as a rather winsome, if distractedly oversexed, character who took his responsibilities seriously enough. Oh how, the attractions of power and women do corrupt the male sex. Nothing new I guess. All the Moore reason why women should be running things.;)

To clarify, I think that in the beginning of this tale I saw Jeffrey as a rather winsome, if distractedly oversexed, character who took his responsibilities seriously enough. Oh how, the attractions of power and women do corrupt the male sex. Nothing new I guess. All the Moore reason why women should be running things.;)
If Jeffrey's brilliant brief results in you (and Amanda, if you care about her) being pardoned, will you think better of him?
Girls just don't seem able to see the big picture!

Back
Top Bottom