In praise of the pillory

Go to CruxDreams.com
The ones for tourists are reconstructions and they may have made the holes much larger for safety reasons, so tourists can try them out and take photos without risking injury. Just guessing of course.
I think the ones that are genuinely a few centuries old have simply weathered,
the wood shrinks back, making the holes bigger.

Kathy is bent over in the pillory. Heavy shackles with an iron ball attached to the chain secures her ankles. She is quite uncomfortable and completely venerable to be whipped or sexually used.
stock pillory 006 c.jpg
One of the guards walks in and says "It is time for your exercises" and he pulls out his massive cock.

In a panicked voice Kathy begs "Don't stick that in me!"
stock pillory 006 A.jpg
Of course her pussy is already wet as she secretly waits for his assault of her cunt...

He walks up to me and drives his big cock deep inside me and begins his assault of my wet cunt . I hear voices and see a line of men forming behind . They are stroking their cocks as they watch . I know this is going to be a long night of being raped.
Language totally neutral - with eager anticipation or horrid dread? Who knows?

Can someone explain a problem. I've seen pillories occasionally set up on village greens for tourists (Sorry that's not well phrased... but come to think of it...).
The holes for the wrists always seem very large; I suppose they had to be big enough to hold the burliest of felons.
But if a small-boned, petite person were put in the stocks, surely s/he could wriggle her wrists back through those holes with very little effort. (The head would still be stuck of course, but at least one could scratch one's nose.)
You would have to tie them or fit metal cuffs, but one never hears of this being done or sees any pictures that show it.
Or is it something to do with the position? Would one have to be double-jointed to get away, however large the aperture?
I miss Jeddak at times like these :(

It annoys me when the wrist holes in the pillory and stocks are obviously too large for the wrists of the women occupying them, likewise for shackles. How many times have you seen a picture of a woman in shackles and it's clear she could simply slip her wrists out of them?

My own solution to the wrist size conundrum in my "Mina" story is that when Mina is put in the stocks, I specify that there were different sized holes to accommodate different sized wrists. Shackling the wrists would probably be the simplest solution, and I have seen that in some pics, but to me it looks messy.

It annoys me when the wrist holes in the pillory and stocks are obviously too large for the wrists of the women occupying them, likewise for shackles. How many times have you seen a picture of a woman in shackles and it's clear she could simply slip her wrists out of them?

My own solution to the wrist size conundrum in my "Mina" story is that when Mina is put in the stocks, I specify that there were different sized holes to accommodate different sized wrists. Shackling the wrists would probably be the simplest solution, and I have seen that in some pics, but to me it looks messy.

King Diocletian uses a similar technique in Scapegoat.

Foot stocks were more common than arms and feet are harder to pull out. The head space was probably tighter in the real stock and would be harder to remove. But the wrist holes seem to present an insurmountable problem. Those small enough for small wrists would crush large wrists rendering the hand crippled, not likely even with cruel authorities. Although I've never seen it referenced in period literature, I tend to think the only solution is something like Smithie's or Diocletians's. Anyone know of contemporary evidence?

The Scottish equivalent of the stocks was the jougs, a simple neck-iron on a chain,
stapled to the wall of the tolbooth - you'll see them still in many Scottish burghs.
Looking for some sexy pics of jougs I came across this German version,
with a little Vorsprung durch Technik:

View attachment 612281

In my latest chapter of "Mina" a woman is skelped with the tawse and then stood in the jougs. It's an intentional tip of the tam o'shanter to Eulalia and all things Scottish.

The great thing about pillories is that the buttocks are presented as a perfect target for corporal punishment.

So what's this guy's excuse for missing every single time?

View attachment 617058

Could it be that he believes the cane hurts more on the backs of the thighs?
Come Ms FSG, I know you must have experience of this matter, don't keep us in the dark, impart, I say impart.

I like the last 2 variations. It gives you unlimited access and makes you wonder how long she will last within that position. It looks like she is sitting but without the chair. Makes you want to rush in :devil:

Rush in with what? But I agree it does look uncomfortable. Like waiting too long for a table at a Chinese Restaurant. Seinfeld! Party of Four!

Back
Top Bottom