In The Aftermath Of The Crucifiction

Go to CruxDreams.com
Nails seem to transport the feeling of "final" much better than ropes. The slight hope of surviving is an issue to a lot of people, but I wasn't thinking about it in the moment when we arrived at the execution site.

To me it was more: - Hell, we made it. We really carried the crossbeams to the execution site. Let me check out these slaves to get an idea how they will execute us -

It was my anticipation that the execution team then destroyed whith their further actions. At that point I realized that I loose control, not just over my body, but also over my emotions. That fact almost got me fainting when I stood there naked in front of the hooting, laughing crowd.

Yes of course, me and Andrea are criminals and may deserve the death. But criminals or not, guilty or not, right there I understood that I have absolutely no idea what to expect.......:eek:
oh yes, the cross and all what it means is so much bigger than you... than me...

Nails seem to transport the feeling of "final" much better than ropes. The slight hope of surviving is an issue to a lot of people, but I wasn't thinking about it in the moment when we arrived at the execution site.

To me it was more: - Hell, we made it. We really carried the crossbeams to the execution site. Let me check out these slaves to get an idea how they will execute us -

It was my anticipation that the execution team then destroyed whith their further actions. At that point I realized that I loose control, not just over my body, but also over my emotions. That fact almost got me fainting when I stood there naked in front of the hooting, laughing crowd.

Yes of course, me and Andrea are criminals and may deserve the death. But criminals or not, guilty or not, right there I understood that I have absolutely no idea what to expect.......:eek:
what do you think why Andrea and you were stripped naked and nailed to the cross, not like the slaves you see around you?

I have a suspicion: slaves are crucified much more quickly, for minor offenses, than free people. A single carelessness, a cheeky word....

Why also fully humiliate these poor beings just because their owner is tired of them?

But you criminals have made the clear choice to be outlaws. You have forfeited any hope of accommodation, of compassion.

what do you think why Andrea and you were stripped naked and nailed to the cross, not like the slaves you see around you?

I have a suspicion: slaves are crucified much more quickly, for minor offenses, than free people. A single carelessness, a cheeky word....

Why also fully humiliate these poor beings just because their owner is tired of them?

But you criminals have made the clear choice to be outlaws. You have forfeited any hope of accommodation, of compassion.
True : the choice of their 'profession' was taken as free people. They should have anticipated on the possible (harsh) consequences of it. Apparently, they ignored them.

GET HUMILIATED AND HUMILIATE:

I feel the urge to laugh at the spectators as they seem to study me. In a way, I'm also laughing at myself. I carefully sat down on my peg again, after pushing and pulling me up to breathe. I have landed the balls carefully on the raw wooden peg with the erect cock pointing upwards.

Currently my body is not cramping. I have learned that for a while, I will not feel like I'm drowning after I have forced myself to stand and breathe throughly.

The sun is beating down on my naked body, squeezing sweat and blood out of every pore of my skin. Still, I have the chills. When I raise my head through the mist of pain and humiliation, I'm looking straight at the body of the slave Daniela. The fact that she and her two male slave friends got crucified with ropes, gives them the chance to move easier than we criminals, hung by nails.

As an ignorant, unsensitive criminal I don't give a fuck about her feelings. Not hiding my glances, I openly monitor her.

As with all the exhibited here, sweat and blood keeps running down her body. She is not too tall, and not too skinny. She is a little to heavy, doesn't have a perfect body and when she leans forward, fat is forming little rolls to cover her stomach. Lustfully I watch her opulent boobs dangle as she is breathing.

Hanging so close to each other, we are all able to read the expressions on our faces and the physical impact of the flogging and the crucifixion on our bodies.

I'm laughing right into her face as I realize that yes I'm humiliated, but I'm also humiliating her:eeek:.

When, crucified, you look around, see the other crucified, then you see in what state you are, and you can imagine how they see you!
That is such an exciting aspect Loxuru. Don't we all see ourselves totally different than everybody else? Isn't every perspective individual?
Would I feel offended or humiliated by the other crucified when, besides spectators and guards, they also observe my destroyed, naked body?

Honestly yes (I'm answering for myself, not for the bad thief in the story). Yet I don't have the answer why, but it's well possible.

On the other hand, would I watch the other crucified?

Here I'd probably feel ashamed about my own urge at first, but after a while I'd lose my shyness.
Knowing that there is plenty of time, total degradation, plenty of pain, I'd sure try to talk to the other crucified and with care, start to watch them as we do so.
In the state at the beginning of my execution, because of my shame, I wouldn't want the crowd or the victims to see what I really feel like doing, thus try to keep the fasade up.

It's up to the character of every victim, how they react. There will be talkin, cursing, screaming, yelling, triggered by the physical, emotional, deadly, roller coaster ride on the cross...... :rolleyes:

_d_archive__seditio_sicarii_13_by_bobnearled-d86aad4.jpg

Bobnearld's drawing is expressing such a situation perfectly.
Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Here I'd probably feel ashamed about my own urge at first, but after a while I'd lose my shyness.
Knowing that there is plenty of time, total degradation, plenty of pain, I'd sure try to talk to the other crucified and with care, start to watch them as we do so.
In the state at the beginning of my execution, because of my shame, I wouldn't want the crowd or the victims to see what I really feel like doing, thus try to keep the fasade up.

It's up to the character of every victim, how they react. There will be talkin, cursing, screaming, yelling, triggered by the physical, emotional, deadly, roller coaster ride on the cross...... :rolleyes:
Good description! Once you realise you are underway to the end, you loose your shame, and come into an emotional rollercoaster, triggered by pain and despair. Some fight you cannot win, even using the nudity as an asset!
"You want me to die!? Watch me dying! Enjoy it!"
One moment, the crucified will curse each other, the other moment give support.

From the viewpoint of another crucifid, the woman on the pic curses me, because I was staring at her body, but soon, she will calm down and silently enjoy the attention I would give her, with my still greedy eyes (and body).

That is such an exciting aspect Loxuru. Don't we all see ourselves totally different than everybody else? Isn't every perspective individual?
Would I feel offended or humiliated by the other crucified when, besides spectators and guards, they also observe my destroyed, naked body?

Honestly yes (I'm answering for myself, not for the bad thief in the story). Yet I don't have the answer why, but it's well possible.

View attachment 1145821

Thank you so much.
Bobnearled can seriously draw. Uncle Andy has reposted this one, too. It looks like there was some good research done before the drawing really started. Awesome.

_d_archive__seditio_sicarii_8_after_urban_friday_by_bobnearled-d86a9by.jpg

I GOT CARRIED AWAY BY THIS GREAT DRAWING:

The executioner has placed the nail the classical way between the 2nd and 3rd metatarsal bone. Very detailed.

To do that and to make sure that the nail goes into the right spot of the bottom foot, the executioner may has to nail the feet in certain steps. Probably independent from the fact if the cross was assembled on the ground, or if the victim was raised with the crossbeam. I may be wrong, but this will take at least 3 people to do the work:

- first both feet have to be placed side by side on the footrest
- 2 guards hold both legs and feet firm in place
- with the index finger the correct spot for the nail must be touched and found between the metatarsal bones by the executioner
- when found, the spot has to be marked on both feet (maybe a fourth person can do that with a Pilum and cut or pierce the skin)
- the executioner has to decide what foot is wanted on top
- with hammer and nail in the hands, the tip is placed in the mark of the top foot by our executioner
- the nail has to be pressed down between the bones by hand, to ensure that there will be no major fractures
- with a slight blow the nail can now be driven through the foot
- the nailed foot needs to be lifted off from the footrest by the executioner and the team for a check
- if the tip came out of the sole maybe half an inch, it's perfect (if not the nail needs another well dosed blow)

For the next two steps of the execution of the victims feet, there is two possible ways to follow. Either the team can ask the victim for cooperation to attach the feet, or the team has to enforce the further process:

Enforced by the team:
- the pierced foot is placed with the heel on the side of the footrest
With the help of the victim:
- the executioner tells the victim to look down at his feet and to place the heel of the pierced foot on the side of the footrest (of course the team will still hold the limbs in place to prevent irrational movement)

Enforced by the team:
- the yet unnailed foot that will be attached on the bottom, is moved to the final position
- the victim is told to move the yet unnailed foot to the final position

Starting from here, whatever, the executioner will take total control:

- the executioner takes the pierced foot and places the protruded tip into the mark of the bottom foot with the help of a guard
- when the executioner has the nail in the correct spot, the top foot is pressed onto the bottom one by the team
- the bottom heel has to go all the way back to the Stipes, to really limit the movement of the victim's feet while enduring the death on the cross
- with the nail led by the fist and the next blow of the hammer, the tip will go into the wood of the footrest
- two or maybe three more blows and the iron will be firm ( I think it actually doesn't matter if the nail is driven down all the way)

There was most likely no mercy, no empathy, no emotions amongst these professionals. No matter if women or men have been doing the job.
For us today this is hard to imagine.

The people that had the task to execute the condemned must have known very exactly what they did. And one thing guaranteed, nobody wanted to end up in their hands.

Last edited:
There was most likely no mercy, no empathy, no emotions amongst these professionals. No matter if women or men have been doing the job.

The people that had the task to execute the condemned must have known very exactly what they did. And one thing guaranteed, nobody wanted to end up in their hands.
And they had their job satisfaction and job pride to carry out their work according to the quality standards.
(like in the 'Dena'-thread).

_d_archive__seditio_sicarii_8_after_urban_friday_by_bobnearled-d86a9by.jpg

The executioner has placed the nail the classical way between the 2nd and 3rd metatarsal bone. Very detailed.
Thanks for your assessment, Cire - it's hard to believe this drawing is nearly eight years old! Stylistically, it is unusual for me to depict a nailed crucifix without any additional bindings, and the ropework is confined to the attachment of the footrest to the stake.

The footrest seems rather small, but I imagined that somehow all three nails might be inserted with the patibulum and footrest being separate items laid on the ground. Once the nails were in, the condemned would be lifted onto the permanently erected stipes, and the footrest attached in a convenient position. I think the executioners might reasonably expect a considerable degree of resistance! The picture was previously discussed here -

The drawing is based on a satirical postage stamp design by Vincent O'Byrne -

bbuf-2 (d archive) Seditio Sicarii 8 Urban Friday det1.jpg bbuf-3 Seditio Sicarii 8 - Urban Friday.jpg

Thanks for your assessment, Cire - it's hard to believe this drawing is nearly eight years old! Stylistically, it is unusual for me to depict a nailed crucifix without any additional bindings, and the ropework is confined to the attachment of the footrest to the stake.

The footrest seems rather small, but I imagined that somehow all three nails might be inserted with the patibulum and footrest being separate items laid on the ground. Once the nails were in, the condemned would be lifted onto the permanently erected stipes, and the footrest attached in a convenient position. I think the executioners might reasonably expect a considerable degree of resistance! The picture was previously discussed here -

From a thread, I seem to have missed! Time to discover it.
Anyway, @bobinder this one is great! I love these raw emotions, combined with her even so raw exposure! Great!

1647802895895.png

Bobnearled can seriously draw. Uncle Andy has reposted this one, too. It looks like there was some good research done before the drawing really started. Awesome.

View attachment 1146482

To do that and to make sure that the nail goes into the right spot of the bottom foot, the executioner may has to nail the feet in certain steps. Probably independent from the fact if the cross was assembled on the ground, or if the victim was raised with the crossbeam. I may be wrong, but this will take at least 3 people to do the work:

- with the index finger the correct spot for the nail must be touched and found between the metatarsal bones by the executioner
- when found, the spot has to be marked on both feet (maybe a fourth person can do that with a Pilum and cut or pierce the skin)
- with hammer and nail in the hands, the tip is placed in the mark of the top foot by our executioner
- the nail has to be pressed down between the bones by hand, to ensure that there will be no major fractures
- the nailed foot needs to be lifted off from the footrest by the executioner and the team for a check
- if the tip came out of the sole maybe half an inch, it's perfect (if not the nail needs another well dosed blow)

For the next two steps of the execution of the victims feet, there is two possible ways to follow. Either the team can ask the victim for cooperation to attach the feet, or the team has to enforce the further process:

Enforced by the team:
- the executioner tells the victim to look down at his feet and to place the heel of the pierced foot on the side of the footrest (of course the team will still hold the limbs in place to prevent irrational movement)

Enforced by the team:
- the yet unnailed foot that will be attached on the bottom, is moved to the final position

- the executioner takes the pierced foot and places the protruded tip into the mark of the bottom foot with the help of a guard
- when the executioner has the nail in the correct spot, the top foot is pressed onto the bottom one by the team
- the bottom heel has to go all the way back to the Stipes, to really limit the movement of the victim's feet while enduring the death on the cross
- with the nail led by the fist and the next blow of the hammer, the tip will go into the wood of the footrest
- two or maybe three more blows and the iron will be firm ( I think it actually doesn't matter if the nail is driven down all the way)

Everything is correct, but it's much more easy for the executioner to use one single nail for each foot.

View attachment 1146482

Enforced by the team:

Enforced by the team:

Imagine that public crucifixion filmed on a big screen by public viewing today: The woman lies on the ground with her hands nailed to the entire cross. Now her first leg is held and the nail pierces the foot with a light blow, adhering lightly to the wood. Her free leg and foot drill into the ground next to the cross in pain. Now the nailed foot is torn off the wood again and shown to the people in close-up. The victim is unconscious with pain. You now underlay the cross at the bottom so that you can see the nailing point. It is easy to pull the free leg towards the cross, place the free foot on the wood and fit the nailed foot over it. The victim comes to consciousness. Now, with a dull blow, the nail is driven through the second foot until it can be seen on the other side of the cross. Continuous close-up and time lapse of the victim's foot and face. ... Pure horror. Then the raising begins... the people hoot with excitement, others shudder at the realisation of the agony.

Imagine that public crucifixion filmed on a big screen by public viewing today: The woman lies on the ground with her hands nailed to the entire cross. Now her first leg is held and the nail pierces the foot with a light blow, adhering lightly to the wood. Her free leg and foot drill into the ground next to the cross in pain. Now the nailed foot is torn off the wood again and shown to the people in close-up. The victim is unconscious with pain. You now underlay the cross at the bottom so that you can see the nailing point. It is easy to pull the free leg towards the cross, place the free foot on the wood and fit the nailed foot over it. The victim comes to consciousness. Now, with a dull blow, the nail is driven through the second foot until it can be seen on the other side of the cross. Continuous close-up and time lapse of the victim's foot and face. ... Pure horror. Then the raising begins... the people hoot with excitement, others shudder at the realisation of the agony.
That is actually how a movie crucifixion should be done, I think. Of course it's quite shocking.......

And imagine that the woman can see what's being shown on big screens all around the stadium where she's being crucified, herself, naked and being nailed, every quiver of her body, every drop of sweat, massively magnified ...

Good position of the nail through the feet. In some depictions artists place the nail much higher up on the foot where it would have to be driven through so much bone. This is shown between the bones so when the condemned puts weight on her feet the nail is wedged tightly between the bones above the nail shaft. Much easier to nail here than through a lot of bone.

View attachment 1145821

Thank you so much.
This has always been a favorite of mine. Excellent.

oh yes, the cross and all what it means is so much bigger than you... than me...

Another spectator takes the chance to walk up between us crucified. He is standing in front of me, seems to notice every movement that my body makes, while asking me why we criminals got crucified totally naked and the slaves are allowed the loincloth?

I raise my head, pull myself with the back to my Stipes, and recognize that all the crucified are also staring at my bloody, sweaty, trembling body.
A female spectator shouts: "Yes, tell us. Why are you criminals naked and the slaves are not."

After the approving roar of the crowd, I reply:

"I have no Idea why they did it that way. When we got here and I saw how they crucified the slaves, I expected that they will execute us the same. All of a sudden I was naked and lying on my Patibulum. I could see the executioner coming with the nails. Still I didn't want to realize what he was about to do to me.
I suggested to myself that the nails are for the Tituli. Then I was hoping that the nails are for Andrea, not for me. Until the executioner kneeled down, laughing, joking, fumbling with his thumb for the right spot in my wrist. Right there I had the feeling, that I'm not only naked, but that he also can read my mind and my facial expressions."

Aftermath.jpg

Up for air.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom