Integrating Coding into Messages

Go to CruxDreams.com
Under the more options tab, while writing a message, their is an option for coding. What can I do in coding? I have rudimentary knowledge of C and C++, so I might be able to use it, but I don't know what it controls, or what it has access to.

I believe it's just for syntax highlighting, like this:
Python:
bounds: RP[Bounds] = Bounded.bounds.pipe(lambda o: (
    ops.combine_latest(o.observe("minimum_size"), o.ui.minimum_size(o)),
    ops.map(lambda v: (v[0], v[1].value_or(v[2]))),
    ops.map(lambda v: v[0].copy(width=max(v[0].width, v[1].width), height=max(v[0].height, v[1].height)))
))

I believe it's just for syntax highlighting, like this:
Python:
bounds: RP[Bounds] = Bounded.bounds.pipe(lambda o: (
    ops.combine_latest(o.observe("minimum_size"), o.ui.minimum_size(o)),
    ops.map(lambda v: (v[0], v[1].value_or(v[2]))),
    ops.map(lambda v: v[0].copy(width=max(v[0].width, v[1].width), height=max(v[0].height, v[1].height)))
))
So, this is only meant for displaying source code, as in giving a tutorial or coding advice.

I think there always was an option to insert code, but it was well hidden away in the sub-menus, I don't know why it's been given this raised profile, and hope no-one will use it.

I think there always was an option to insert code, but it was well hidden away in the sub-menus, I don't know why it's been given this raised profile, and hope no-one will use it.
Does that mean you understand what they are talking about are are you bluffing?

Does that mean you understand what they are talking about are are you bluffing?
Of course I'm bluffing. I only recall noticing that option and finding out it showed up what I take to be programing code.
But such stuff scares me silly, and if fallenmystic says don't touch it, then I won't and hope no-one else will :p

Of course I'm bluffing. I only recall noticing that option and finding out it showed up what I take to be programing code.
But such stuff scares me silly, and if fallenmystic says don't touch it, then I won't and hope no-one else will :p
Fallenmystic says that it is safe.
He said that forums don't allow programming in their posts, because it is dangerous. The coding option here is only used for giving coding advice. It doesn't actually create a code that runs.

Right, I think that clarifies it, even for me. When I discovered 'Insert BB Code' in the old system, I found that was what it did, showed up the formatting codes, and it wasn't unfamiliar (e.g. the 'quote/ unquote' codes we see when we post replies). But what fm said made me think it could allow members to do something that could cause disruption.

He's just warning Barb she'll get nailed to a cross.
Just in case she hadn't considered the possibility ...
I know just enough Greek to not believe you :p

(I just know how to read it without understanding it. But I know what einai, or kai means as they appear so frequently in Greek texts. And if I’m right in assuming that hellenika just means “Greek”, the remaining few words can’t possibly mean all that!)

Last edited:
I know just enough Greek to not believe you :p

(I just know how to read it without understanding it. But I know what einai, or kai means as they appear so frequently in Greek texts. And if I’m right in assuming that hellenika just means “Greek”, the remaining few words can’t possibly mean all that!)
Oh, Poem's Είναι όλα ελληνικά και για μένα! is simply 'It's all Greek to me' -
but I was explaining mp5stab's Σιωπή! Ή θα καρφωθείτε στο σταυρό,
literally 'Shut up! Or you'll be nailed to a cross'

Oh, Poem's Είναι όλα ελληνικά και για μένα! is simply 'It's all Greek to me' -
but I was explaining mp5stab's Σιωπή! Ή θα καρφωθείτε στο σταυρό,
literally 'Shut up! Or you'll be nailed to a cross'
Oh, I thought you meant Poem since you referred the author as "he" but I know mp5stat 's gender. :)

But thanks for explaining the meaning to me! I always wanted to learn Greek but I've only dabbled with the first few chapters in my grammar book so far.

I wish I'd have a chance to resume the study someday before I die.

Oh, I thought you meant Poem since you referred the author as "he" but I know mp5stat 's gender.
Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.
I don't know if there's an equivalent of that in the Greek liturgy, I don't think the Orthodox go in for beating themselves up quite the same as the Catholics (and Protestants make a meal of it too)

Back
Top Bottom