JD's bazaar

Go to CruxDreams.com
Look up Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The two men, Spike and Angel, were her lover at various different times! Willow her BFF who became gay!
I meanwhile did some reading about Buffy, but I am not a television series adept.

Independent from the series, it is a strong pic, @doe1971 made here. In the prison, two women are stripped, cuffed overhead and tied to each other. They just have been prepared for a punishment, after a harsh interrogation, judging from the whip marks. They have been prepared for a sentence they will undergo together (are they accomplices)?

Just before the punishment starts, their husbands may have a brief word with them (but they must endure the view of their wives already prepared). The couple on the right says goodbye with a loving kiss, but there is clearly more discord with the couple on the left. His looks read : “You stupid woman, look in what situation you have brought yourself!”. She, reacting with a look of defiance (things have happened like they have, no way back), fear and annoyance (because of his attitude).

It is meanwhile the last half minute of the visit, then both men will be ordered to leave the room. The executioners will enter. The men (and we) will remain ignorant about how the women will cope with their punishment.

What was the crime? Is it a death sentence, hence the goodbye? Will a trap door open under the women’s feet, dropping them into a dark, cold water pit for drowning? Or will it be a slower punishment. Or is it just a flogging or other torture that awaits them, but was the goodbye allowed, because the women will afterwards have to do years of time, without a right of visit?

The strength of the pic is how it stirs our imagination!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thanks ... I consume a lot of popculture but I remain fixated on rather few characters ... wondered why. Buffy, princess Leia, Xena are all invariably strong women, defiant and proud, hard to break*. I guess that floats my boat.

No wonder considering that my first strong impression came from Athalia in Barbarian Queen 2. Now that was a strong woman! They don't make them like that anymore.

LC.jpg

* strong in a 'natural' way, like a towering presence among averages, not strong women like we've seen in the last 2...3 years of 'women empowerment' in Hollywood where every female must kick the ass of the emasculated (white) males. Being a strong female in a modern movie is so cliche and unarousing now ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom