Jedakk's Masterpiece

Go to CruxDreams.com
I've got way too many of them, they would overwhelm the archives. I have the sets of final renders for each scene zipped up in files by scene and stored on the Files section of my email service, but there's not enough bandwidth there for people to download them without it shutting down. It says there are 3.9 Gb there now, which includes 350 Mb for the partially-completed Serpent's Eye Version 2, and maybe 80 Mb of (crude) animations.

I haven't stopped to count how many renders that is, but I know each scene can have as many as 50 renders, of which I would use maybe three as illustrations for the story. There are a total of 192 scenes, and if they run about 20-50 renders per scene, maybe there are 6K+ renders. More than anyone would care to see, but if you really want these, let me know and I'll see what I can do about putting them up on a file-sharing service temporarily and see how it works.
I've got way too many of them, they would overwhelm the archives. I have the sets of final renders for each scene zipped up in files by scene and stored on the Files section of my email service, but there's not enough bandwidth there for people to download them without it shutting down. It says there are 3.9 Gb there now, which includes 350 Mb for the partially-completed Serpent's Eye Version 2, and maybe 80 Mb of (crude) animations.

I haven't stopped to count how many renders that is, but I know each scene can have as many as 50 renders, of which I would use maybe three as illustrations for the story. There are a total of 192 scenes, and if they run about 20-50 renders per scene, maybe there are 6K+ renders. More than anyone would care to see, but if you really want these, let me know and I'll see what I can do about putting them up on a file-sharing service temporarily and see how it works.
Your work is incredible! Please add me to the list.

That means that there are more pictures (like photos) which show her taking her weight with the feet, but in reality she was hanging by her wrists very often, too. Wrist pains and feet pain are unbearable both, and as a spectator only I can hardly imagine the ordeal of each movement. Especially when the muscles weaken or cramp and the moving is out of her control. I can exactly see how she writhes her body while suffering and so inducing more pain, simply wonderful. But I wonder whether such extreme pain will lead to consciousness... How to prevent???
Who knows? Apparently the Romans knew how to perform a crucifixion in such a way that people rarely died quickly. Some members here, several years ago, wondered if maybe that was one reason for the pre-crucifixion whipping, to gradually build up the pain so it wasn't such an initial shock when the victims found themselves hanging by the nails. Some writers - Jim Bishop, "The Day Christ Died" comes to mind - wrote that it was likely the victims fainted from time to time, and unless they came to consciousness soon, they could die. I do not believe it worked that way, although I do believe they fainted, only from pain to begin with and later both from agony and hyperventilation from panic as a result of something called "Dyspnea" or breathlessness.

"Breathlessness" sounds so benign that for a long time I just glossed over that and didn't take it very seriously. Then I studied what this condition really was and understood how it fit together with death on the cross. Dyspnea is panic. The very best explanation of it I have found is in a book titled "Palliative Care Perspectives" by James L. Hallenbeck. In Chapter 5: Non-Pain Symptom Management: Dyspnea, about three pages in, he defines Dyspnea as "an imbalance between the perceived need to breathe and the perceived ability to breathe." The brain responds to that by going into panic mode, triggering the body to fight to escape whatever is restricting breathing. It's what happens during waterboarding torture.

The way that figures into crucifixion - and correlates with what extreme crucifixion players have told me over the years - is that yes, when hanging on a cross, breathing is different, more labored, but victims don't notice that so much to begin with. However, as the effort tires the breathing muscles, they become more conscious of it. Maybe there is a little fear. Women who had been tied to a cross told me it took two to four hours for breathing to become a factor, to the point where they found themselves wanting to raise themselves to make breathing easier as much as to relieve the pain in their arms and shoulders. One said she "had to struggle mightily to breathe." And one did get into serious trouble finally and had to be revived. In contrast, one man, who was not in great shape, told me that in twenty minutes on the cross he felt he wasn't going to be able to breathe and had to get down. It's important to realize that they experienced this panic, it wasn't because their blood oxygen was depleted, it was simply because they felt it was hard to breathe and their brain was telling them they had to do something, now.

So one cause of fainting was the extreme pain, maybe. The second cause I mentioned was hyperventilation due to panic from Dyspnea, where it drove them to try so hard to struggle to get air, when their body didn't actually need more air, that the hyperventilation caused them to faint. Once they fainted, the panic mode went away and their body corrected itself, regulating its breathing to fit its need for oxygen even though it was labored breathing. The same thing if they fainted from pain; the sudden drop in heart rate corrects itself quickly. In either of those conditions, they would return to agonized consciousness soon, only to start all over again.

Now death on the cross would be different, and that would only come when the last of their body's strength was used up, not just tired, but totally exhausted. They might hang for hours, unable to raise themselves, struggling to get just a little air until they couldn't get enough to maintain consciousness. Then they would probably hang unconscious for some time, still breathing just a little, until it wasn't enough to maintain life any longer. It was the slowest strangulation imaginable, a truly miserable way to die. If you read my story "Altered States," I described what it might have felt like for Maia to die on the cross, all the way to her soul leaving her body. I also mentioned fainting from both causes several times in "The Serpent's Eye."

The important thing is that fainting did not usually mean the victim was going to die, because their body could still maintain life until they regained consciousness. It probably happened a lot while a victim was dying on the cross.

I think I've invited everyone who asked to join the download group for downloading all the Sabina files plus others. The only person I tried to invite and couldn't was Superbat, who needs to correct his profile to allow me to invite him. Is there anyone else who asked who has not been invited?

I have already had access to your amazing archive for some time, so I won’t ask, but I will complement you in the thoroughness of your magnum opus. If anything the pages of people asking to be included should tell you something about the level of popularity and resonance your work has had in this community, even if not all of these people commented all the time. I’m sad to hear you are hanging up the hammer. I would have liked to see The Throwaway Girl, but I wish you well having received far more than I could have ever asked for anyways. Thank you.

I think I've invited everyone who asked to join the download group for downloading all the Sabina files plus others. The only person I tried to invite and couldn't was Superbat, who needs to correct his profile to allow me to invite him. Is there anyone else who asked who has not been invited?
I'd greatly appreciate an invite as well, if you please.

If I'm not too late, can I be added to your list?

I have already had access to your amazing archive for some time, so I won’t ask, but I will complement you in the thoroughness of your magnum opus. If anything the pages of people asking to be included should tell you something about the level of popularity and resonance your work has had in this community, even if not all of these people commented all the time. I’m sad to hear you are hanging up the hammer. I would have liked to see The Throwaway Girl, but I wish you well having received far more than I could have ever asked for anyways. Thank you.
Thanks! This story just provided so much inspiration for imagery that it kept growing and actually was still growing but I had to stop sometime.

I went ahead and added you. Might be something there you still haven't seen.

I've got the files uploaded to a cloud site. Let me know if you want access and I'll add you to the group for that.

Um, me too, please Mr Jedakk :)

Please invite me as well!! thank you!!

WOW! What an expansive candy store of goodies!!! :very_hot:

I thought I did a pretty good job of keeping up with your stories/posts, but there was alot new to me, Aricinas' Punishment, the tender administrations of Verina on Publius, and 3 of the 5 animations, etc. Fantastic stuff!

I know your interest has waned in the past, but you've always returned stronger than ever. :clapping:
You're not getting older, you're getting better. Thanks so much! :beer:

Very best regards! :)

Back
Top Bottom