Jedakk's Masterpiece

Go to CruxDreams.com
She should be splitting the gate receipts with Balbus!
Now we know the real reason for the poor Sabina's crucifixion! :D

Sabina, hanging only by the nails in her wrists, continues to struggle helplessly. The executioners, in no hurry now, pass the time talking and laughing among themselves. Verina and some of the women, oblivious or unmoved by Sabina's agony, also chat while they wait for her crucifixion to continue. There is nothing remarkable about a naked girl screaming on a cross; they have seen many such. Julia Lepida narrates this part:

Meanwhile, her executioner and helpers were standing around behind the cross talking and laughing about women, the weather, or nothing at all, waiting for her to use up her strength so she would be more compliant when they hammered the cornu into place and bound her feet for nailing. And maybe they did that as part of her torture, part of the show for the crowd. From time to time, the executioner would glance at her, apparently appraising her condition.​
I could only watch the girl’s frenzied struggles in fascination. There was little sound other than her tortured screams, as the onlookers, fascinated by the sight like me, mostly stared and talked in hushed tones. Blood had run down her forearms halfway to her elbows. Before, there was so little, but the nails in her wrists had twisted and pulled the wounds open more. That always happened in a crucifixion, but it clotted and stopped quickly and there was never enough blood to hasten death.​
I knew that sometimes the pain of hanging by the wrists was so excruciating that the victims themselves would plead with the executioner to nail their feet, desperate enough to pay that price for any hope for relief from the growing agony in their wrists. I wondered, after all of the agony she was suffering from the nails in her wrists, could she bring herself to beg them to drive those nails through her feet? Wouldn’t she rather do anything she could to put that off, even though she knew it was inevitable?​

Attachments

• Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-1_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-1_0001.jpg
    696.1 KB · Views: 691
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-3_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-3_0001.jpg
    596.9 KB · Views: 645
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-22_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-22_0001.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 620
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-26_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-26_0001.jpg
    908.8 KB · Views: 657
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-43_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-43_0001.jpg
    824.7 KB · Views: 626
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-46_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-46_0001.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 637
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-71_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-71_0001.jpg
    732.7 KB · Views: 645
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-74_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-74_0001.jpg
    498.6 KB · Views: 639
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-79a_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-79a_0001.jpg
    740.5 KB · Views: 607
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-92_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 12x5a-92_0001.jpg
    885.6 KB · Views: 663
There are two upcoming scenes that I particularly like, for those of you seeing these for the first time (read the story) the moment where Sabina hangs straight down from her wrists, and the moment where they set up the cornu (read the story) and prepare to nail her feet. But these come in as some of my favorites as well, but much further down the list. The quality and craftsmanship present throughout The whole series making deciding on favorites hard.

I am utterly taken by the sequence where Julia Lepida confronts Sabina, and she calls out for raising the helpless young woman and finishing the rite of crucifixion. I can put myself into Sabina's place. In the past, in my timid self-play, I have experimented sharp-edged objects for-and-aft on my hand where I imagine a nail would pierce. I have also, many times, played at hanging from my shoulders, in an attempt to get a feel for the crucified. So in that brief moment of stability, I can piece together Sabina's plight as my own: still panting with the exertions of my plod to the site and the vice-like bands of terror tightening my chest; a sick knot between belly and breastbone, knowing my fate and my own contributions to it; both sharp streaks and dull throbs across my back and buttocks where I endured the flogging; sweat prickling my hairline and underarms and between my breasts, gathering to run in rivulets down my face and body; legs trembling with the effort of holding myself upright; lightning bolts of pain from my pierced wrists, hot as molten lead, running down my arms; head reeling, body swaying, kept upright by the pins through my flesh fastening me to the swaying timber above my head.

Above all, the furious face of Julia Lepida looms before me, terrifying in its unaccustomed anger. All resignation and regret replaced by deadly resolve. Directed at me. I pushed her too far, too far.... She is going to... her hand is raising, finger pointing up... I feel her hot breath on my face more distinctly than I hear the words past the pounding in my ears. "Hang her on the cross, now!"

Sabina, hanging only by the nails in her wrists, continues to struggle helplessly. The executioners, in no hurry now, pass the time talking and laughing among themselves. Verina and some of the women, oblivious or unmoved by Sabina's agony, also chat while they wait for her crucifixion to continue. There is nothing remarkable about a naked girl screaming on a cross; they have seen many such. Julia Lepida narrates this part:

Meanwhile, her executioner and helpers were standing around behind the cross talking and laughing about women, the weather, or nothing at all, waiting for her to use up her strength so she would be more compliant when they hammered the cornu into place and bound her feet for nailing. And maybe they did that as part of her torture, part of the show for the crowd. From time to time, the executioner would glance at her, apparently appraising her condition.​
I could only watch the girl’s frenzied struggles in fascination. There was little sound other than her tortured screams, as the onlookers, fascinated by the sight like me, mostly stared and talked in hushed tones. Blood had run down her forearms halfway to her elbows. Before, there was so little, but the nails in her wrists had twisted and pulled the wounds open more. That always happened in a crucifixion, but it clotted and stopped quickly and there was never enough blood to hasten death.​
I knew that sometimes the pain of hanging by the wrists was so excruciating that the victims themselves would plead with the executioner to nail their feet, desperate enough to pay that price for any hope for relief from the growing agony in their wrists. I wondered, after all of the agony she was suffering from the nails in her wrists, could she bring herself to beg them to drive those nails through her feet? Wouldn’t she rather do anything she could to put that off, even though she knew it was inevitable?​
Loving the new images, I pray that there are some new feet nailing sequences......Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom