Judicial Corporal Punishment Of Women: Illustrations

Go to CruxDreams.com
In Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, I750, Bridget Hagan was convicted of shoplifting. She was sentenced to restore to the owner the value of what she had stolen, pay the same amount to the government, and then to be stripped to the waist and receive 15 lashes in front of everyone at the public whipping post.
The restored eighteenth-century village of Hanna's Town, Pennsylvania has a whipping post that may be similar to the one on which Bridget was punished. It is about ten feet tall and cylindrical, about a foot-and-a-half in diameter. On either side are two shackles at shoulder height for an adult that are held by short chains. Right next to it is the pillory.

When I visited Hanhah's Town, I posed for a picture in the pillory and then the whipping post, stripped for punishment.

I like especially the two (blackdressed) ladies on the right side, one indulging her drink, both indulging the whipping of a totally naked gender-mate. Perhaps a neighbour of them, who ended at the whipping post due to an intrigue of the two
...and maybe they are quite impatiently awaiting the moment, when the victim is turned around to get a severe tit and pussy - whipping.

Back
Top Bottom