Last Liaison in Lyon

Go to CruxDreams.com
Hideous... shoes?:roto2palm:

In reality, Reichenbach staged the execution. The firing squad was silenced by threatening them to be sent to the Russian Front for missing Barb at point blank. The cameraman had no idea that Reichenbach's coup de grace was aimed behind Barb's neck, and that she actually not died but simply fainted when the shot was fired. Reichenbach secretly transferred Barb to Hopferau, a peaceful peasant's village in Allgau, Southern Bavaria, where they married after the war and got seven children. Once the war was over, Reichenbach set up a succesful local brewery ('Reichenbrau') giving his family a good living. When the children grew up, they started a Fremdenzimmer, that was reputed well by tourists, underway to Austria.

There was one moment of tension, when, on an evening in May 1971, a guest signed in, a somewhat elder American, named Sam Goldman. He was underway to Austria, but delay of his flight on arrival at Munich, had made him to decide to find a place to sleep instead of driving on through the night. Barb, fluently speaking German now, kept her calm. One moment, she suspected he had recognised her, but she used all her tricks she had learned on SOE training, to avoid behaving suspicous. The next night, she could not catch sleep. She feared that Goldman would investigate her identity and she left the service that morning to her eldest daughter. The encouter left her worried for several months, but she never heard of Sam Goldman again.

Except for some trips to Munich or Vienna, or a few hiking and ski holidays in nearby Tyrol, Barb never left her village anymore. She died in 2009, and lays buried under a simple cross, on the cemetery behind Hopferau's Sankt-Martinskirche.

Lox’s fractured alternative endings :p:(

For Moore tales of Barb’s thrill-packed encounters with those awfully nasty Nazis, try ... if you haven’t already read them ... my stories “Das Fahlbein”, “8 Prinz-Albrecht-Strasse”, Berlin Diary”, and the as-yet-unfinished “Barbarossanova”.
I shall look for those. I stumbled across Barbarossanova yesterday on DA. Do you have plans to finish it? I enjoyed it immensely (it ticks Moore of my boxes)

One moment, she suspected he had recognised her, but she used all her tricks she had learned on SOE training, to avoid behaving suspicous.
You mean she actually learned something during her SOE training? Could have fooled me.

but she never heard of Sam Goldman again.
Though his nephew Stan later become rather well known back in New York, along with a grand-niece of Barbara Moore's. But that is a whole other story...:rolleyes::popcorn:

I shall look for those. I stumbled across Barbarossanova yesterday on DA. Do you have plans to finish it? I enjoyed it immensely (it ticks Moore of my boxes)

Yes, I still hope to finish it some day, but if you haven’t read the prequel (Berlin Diary) yet. you should. Barbarossanova is largely written, but is still awaiting completion of the illustrations.

Yes, I still hope to finish it some day, but if you haven’t read the prequel (Berlin Diary) yet. you should. Barbarossanova is largely written, but is still awaiting completion of the illustrations.
That's good news. And I like the illustrations, even if they speak to me somewhat differently as a man of a certain age who grew up on The Man From Uncle'and Ilya Kuryakin! However, I am disturbed by how aroused I was by the one of you being orally pleasured by Goebbels!

I shall add Berlin Diary to my ever-growing CF to-be-read list!

Hideous... shoes?:roto2palm:

In reality, Reichenbach staged the execution. The firing squad was silenced by threatening them to be sent to the Russian Front for missing Barb at point blank. The cameraman had no idea that Reichenbach's coup de grace was aimed behind Barb's neck, and that she actually not died but simply fainted when the shot was fired. Reichenbach secretly transferred Barb to Hopferau, a peaceful peasant's village in Allgau, Southern Bavaria, where they married after the war and got seven children. Once the war was over, Reichenbach set up a succesful local brewery ('Reichenbrau') giving his family a good living. When the children grew up, they started a Fremdenzimmer, that was reputed well by tourists, underway to Austria.

There was one moment of tension, when, on an evening in May 1971, a guest signed in, a somewhat elder American, named Sam Goldman. He was underway to Austria, but delay of his flight on arrival at Munich, had made him to decide to find a place to sleep instead of driving on through the night. Barb, fluently speaking German now, kept her calm. One moment, she suspected he had recognised her, but she used all her tricks she had learned on SOE training, to avoid behaving suspicous. The next night, she could not catch sleep. She feared that Goldman would investigate her identity and she left the service that morning to her eldest daughter. The encouter left her worried for several months, but she never heard of Sam Goldman again.

Except for some trips to Munich or Vienna, or a few hiking and ski holidays in nearby Tyrol, Barb never left her village anymore. She died in 2009, and lays buried under a simple cross, on the cemetery behind Hopferau's Sankt-Martinskirche.

Thank you Loxuru, this old softy slave does enjoy a happy ending.

Though I guess Barb and Windar's version is the moore likely, and we should never forget it happened like this.

That's good news. And I like the illustrations, even if they speak to me somewhat differently as a man of a certain age who grew up on The Man From Uncle'and Ilya Kuryakin! However, I am disturbed by how aroused I was by the one of you being orally pleasured by Goebbels!

I shall add Berlin Diary to my ever-growing CF to-be-read list!

http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/berlin-diary.5726/ :popcorn:

Though I guess Barb and Windar's version is the moore likely, and we should never forget it happened like this.
I am happy that it was not a happy ending. I am beginning to wonder what this says about me!
We've done a whole bunch of stories with happy endings, so we were due.

We are talking about stories here not massages, right?:confused:

*Wonders if all you guys thinking Barbara was still alive are incurable romantics *
We are talking about stories here not massages, right?
Ok, I admit I am a incurable romantic, so I smiled when I read Loxuru´s alternativ ending. But to be honest - I can´t think of a better ending for this terrific story of Barb and windar then the original. A happy end wouldn´t have fit. Once again four weeks of enjoyable reading experience thanks to another incredible good story!

Barbie was convicted and sentenced to life. He died in prison in Lyon four years later, of cancer. A case, certainly, of justice not done, though his crimes were so horrific, it’s hard to imagine how justice could ever have been done.
Sad to say that due to modern "civilized" countrys using torture as interogation technique, Barbies horrific crimes are relativized. In the end it´s the same motivation and justification that is used. But I am not tossing the first stone. I don´t know what I would do if I could save many innocent through becoming inhuman myself.

Ok, I admit I am a incurable romantic, so I smiled when I read Loxuru´s alternativ ending. But to be honest - I can´t think of a better ending for this terrific story of Barb and windar then the original. A happy end wouldn´t have fit. Once again four weeks of enjoyable reading experience thanks to another incredible good story!
Thank you so much. Barb and I decided early on that this couldn't have a happy ending, because I don't think any of Barbie's victims had one.

Sad to say that due to modern "civilized" countrys using torture as interogation technique, Barbies horrific crimes are relativized. In the end it´s the same motivation and justification that is used. But I am not tossing the first stone. I don´t know what I would do if I could save many innocent through becoming inhuman myself.
If I rob a bank, it's a very weak defense to say others rob banks and some get away with it, so I should too. We try to catch those we can knowing that many will get away. In the case of war crimes, all too often, even when they are caught, they are old and die soon of natural causes (like Pinochet or Milosevic or Pol Pot, among others).

If I rob a bank, it's a very weak defense to say others rob banks and some get away with it, so I should too. We try to catch those we can knowing that many will get away. In the case of war crimes, all too often, even when they are caught, they are old and die soon of natural causes (like Pinochet or Milosevic or Pol Pot, among others).
I won´t deny anything of that. But I think life is not black and white but a lot of grey. In Germany we have had the case of a child abduction. A strong suspect was arrested very soon. The investigators were sure that he was a single perpetrator. The child was still missing and there was hope that it was still living. The suspect declined to answer any question. Two policeofficers threatend the suspect reliable that they would brake his fingers, one for one, if he wouldn´t tell them where to find the boy.
That is the kind of moral dilemma I was thinking about. I abhore torture. Could I still become like that?
Btw - The suspect told them where to find the child. He had killed that boy only hours after the abduction.

Beware, Old Slave, myths are very persistent.

Although nearly all the executed agents and resistance members could be unearthed after the war, Barb's body was never recovered. No one in the Gestapo or the SS could ever point the spot where she had been buried.

Klaus never fully accepted her death, and hoped that for that reason, she had managed to survive. But he had his life and family in the US.

SOE got a clue she could have been alive, and briefly had hoped to track her down, in order to find German agents they could press into their own service. But one day, Sam Goldman was ordered to stop it and forget about her. He did. In the years after the war, he got involved in so many operations in so many places in the world, and he saw so many agents 'struck from the roster', while doing a dangerous assignement, that he learned that the most healthy way to cope with it was to forget their faces, names and even their shear existence, ever. That could explain why he did not recognize Barb, that day in 1971.

British intelligence : Freddie, on the other hand, has taken more time tried to find her. But he only met with imposters and disappointment. He had heard of unconfirmed allegations that Barb had been rescued by an SS-man, who had eventually married her, but the idea of SOE marrying SS was so unthinkable that he gave up further investigating that trail. Freddie often brought up the matter to Sir Geoffrey, who always talked the thought out of his head. "The film is the most likely account, Freddie, and we should never forget it happened like that!"

But, Old Slave, as I said previously, myths are very persistent.

In 1987, the Reichenbach B&B in Hopferau had a guest, another American, which looked strangely familiar to all who saw him. He had identified himself as Theodore Henry Elvis Hangingtree.

It occurred to Barb that she once had been learned, in Arisaig, Scotland, that sometimes, clues are the best decoys, since no one would believe the clue is true! And that this man's third given name, Elvis, was such a clue as a decoy.

Until her death, Barb, and a few others who had seen him, remained fully convinced it had been Elvis Presley himself, although presumed death ten years already, who had spent that night in her Ferienhaus.

Maybe you have to find out yourself, Old Slave! Hopferau is located near the motorway from Ulm to Austria. Go to the graveyard, and you will find the grave of Barta Reichenbach. At least, it could be that her burial site was only conceeded for ten years, so, maybe you are too late already, and the mystery will persist.

Beware, Old Slave, myths are very persistent.

Although nearly all the executed agents and resistance members could be unearthed after the war, Barb's body was never recovered. No one in the Gestapo or the SS could ever point the spot where she had been buried.

Klaus never fully accepted her death, and hoped that for that reason, she had managed to survive. But he had his life and family in the US.

SOE got a clue she could have been alive, and briefly had hoped to track her down, in order to find German agents they could press into their own service. But one day, Sam Goldman was ordered to stop it and forget about her. He did. In the years after the war, he got involved in so many operations in so many places in the world, and he saw so many agents 'struck from the roster', while doing a dangerous assignement, that he learned that the most healthy way to cope with it was to forget their faces, names and even their shear existence, ever. That could explain why he did not recognize Barb, that day in 1971.

British intelligence : Freddie, on the other hand, has taken more time tried to find her. But he only met with imposters and disappointment. He had heard of unconfirmed allegations that Barb had been rescued by an SS-man, who had eventually married her, but the idea of SOE marrying SS was so unthinkable that he gave up further investigating that trail. Freddie often brought up the matter to Sir Geoffrey, who always talked the thought out of his head. "The film is the most likely account, Freddie, and we should never forget it happened like that!"

But, Old Slave, as I said previously, myths are very persistent.

In 1987, the Reichenbach B&B in Hopferau had a guest, another American, which looked strangely familiar to all who saw him. He had identified himself as Theodore Henry Elvis Hangingtree.

It occurred to Barb that she once had been learned, in Arisaig, Scotland, that sometimes, clues are the best decoys, since no one would believe the clue is true! And that this man's third given name, Elvis, was such a clue as a decoy.

Until her death, Barb, and a few others who had seen him, remained fully convinced it had been Elvis Presley himself, although presumed death ten years already, who had spent that night in her Ferienhaus.

Maybe you have to find out yourself, Old Slave! Hopferau is located near the motorway from Ulm to Austria. Go to the graveyard, and you will find the grave of Barta Reichenbach. At least, it could be that her burial site was only conceeded for ten years, so, maybe you are too late already, and the mystery will persist.
Tree has never used the alias 'Elvis'!!!

Back
Top Bottom