Last Liaison in Lyon

Go to CruxDreams.com
Splendid story. There was that moment where we didn't know if she died, and hoped for the best, although I should know better than that, eh? :D
Poignant end with poor old Schuman blubbing. So many wartime romances ended this way. Nice to see he made a life for himself, although after Barb died, I rather lost interest in the other characters.

I suppose Freddie kept a stiff upper lip about Barb's death, and still kept his lower bits stiff for other girls. Life goes on, as they say...for a while anyway. ;)

I would think that if Barb had survived, she would have followed Barbie to Bolivia and dispatched him in some very gruesome way, thus saving the sham of a trial in Lyon. Of course, she might have driven off the "Highway of Death" into one of those Andean gorges. death road 20 529.jpg

I would think that if Barb had survived, she would have followed Barbie to Bolivia and dispatched him in some very gruesome way, thus saving the sham of a trial in Lyon. Of course, she might have driven off the "Highway of Death" into one of those Andean gorges. View attachment 752929

No, I’d have sent my “hit man”, Wragg, to do the deed. And RR to photograph the evidence ... Conno and Lox to do the advance work, and Tree to cover any legal issues. And, of course, Jollyrei to attend to the grisly remains, while Juan composed an epitaph, PrPr provided historical background facts on the Highway of Death, and Sharkman, Goldman and Kathy shared a couch and watched reruns of Seinfeld. Did I leave anyone out? Ah yes, Old Slave, Bobinder, Migoz and Phlebas, who together raised a glass to Barbie’s demise at a celebratory post-mortem gathering in an upscale London pub.

Thanks to all of you for your comments and interest.

B. Moore

Last edited:
I would think that if Barb had survived, she would have...
I don´t want to go that way of "what if", because I shudder with sheer horror, thinking about Barb working for any Agency after WWII. What would have been the outcome of the Cuba Crisis with Barb at work? What about the Cold War? Would the world still exist? What about her getting tree daughters who decide to follow in the steps of her mother. I better stop here :)

I don´t want to go that way of "what if", because I shudder with sheer horror, thinking about Barb working for any Agency after WWII. What would have been the outcome of the Cuba Crisis with Barb at work? What about the Cold War? Would the world still exist? What about her getting tree daughters who decide to follow in the steps of her mother. I better stop here :)

Now, now of course the world would exist, Barb's apparent incompetence is all part of her cover story ;)

Oh ye of little faith .... :confused::facepalm:

I love alternate history!:D

bb1.jpgbb2.jpg

And yet Barb has been lucky not to be "interogated" by these guys below. Worse then death!
View attachment 752425

Another of Barb's fellow female SOE agents in the clutches of the Nazis...I'm wincing just thinking how much that is going to hurt!
The officer on the right seems to be a female...or those are big man boobs....

Attachments

• Unfinished 500-1.jpg
    Unfinished 500-1.jpg
    757.5 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom