Latin required....

Go to CruxDreams.com
Nothing but trouble??? Or something like that?
Latin short phrases are the death of me. @Eulalia is needed for a good translation.
Tribulor - one in trouble
Peior - worse
Fieri -makes

My best effort would be "One who gets in trouble and then makes it worse" e.g. Singapore!

Latin short phrases are the death of me. @Eulalia is needed for a good translation.
Peior - worse
Fieri -makes

My best effort would be "One who gets in trouble and then makes it worse" e.g. Singapore!
Mmmmm ... that certainly fits ;)

"tribulor peior fieri" could be an abbreviated motto, expressing in three words what you would like to convey?

Peior - worse
Fieri -makes

Tribulata peius facit 'she (who's) in trouble makes it worse' would be what you're thinking of.
Another thought, Dum spiro plango 'while I breathe I complain' might suit :D
My translation was of Loxuru's suggestion, which I thought fit Barbara to a "T" (speaking of crosses! :D )

My idea for @Barbaria1 ’s motto would be
Nunquam parva scripturam legitur
(Never read the small print)
Though my Latin is so execrable this suggestion should probably go in @Eulalia ’s “How Will You Torture Me?” thread
;)

My idea for @Barbaria1 ’s motto would be
Nunquam parva scripturam legitur
(Never read the small print)
Though my Latin is so execrable this suggestion should probably go in @Eulalia ’s “How Will You Torture Me?” thread
;)
Numquam minusculos lege would be 'never read the small print' (scriptura is 'a writing' in the sense of a text, a piece of literature, as in the Bible, minusculi are 'small letters')

Numquam minusculos lege would be 'never read the small print' (scriptura is 'a writing' in the sense of a text, a piece of literature, as in the Bible, minusculi are 'small letters')
I need to keep this in mind for next time I write a Roman crux story. ;)

Back
Top Bottom