Loincloth

Go to CruxDreams.com
Do you have larger ones (especially of #3). These are too small to be very useful. ;)
On DeviantArt, you can download a larger image size 1416x1888px 100.59 KB - and find more of this model. Link supplied beneath picture. ;)

paulas_appearance_by_junkyardrose_db4eix3-fullview.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/junkyardrose/art/Paulas-Appearance-672524103 )

These are very nice. Do you have larger ones (especially of #3). These are too small to be very useful. ;)

A unique and interesting perspective, certainly. :) Also, welcome to Cruxforums.
I suspect that the nakedness is really not imposed for the benefit of the person on the cross, but for the spectators "edification", and perhaps for added humiliation prior to the crucifixion itself.
Of course it is those watching who enjoy it.

We always talk about this loincloth that I personally do not appreciate, much preferring total nudity for the condemned, but sincerely, this little piece of fabric that does not hide much is it for the woman or the man who will be crucified a real rampart that protects his virtue?

Honestly, how would you feel if you were actually condemned to be crucified and therefore exposed naked in front of the crowd?
Embarrassment, humiliation or excitement?

I would like to have opinions with or without loincloth!

We always talk about this loincloth that I personally do not appreciate, much preferring total nudity for the condemned, but sincerely, this little piece of fabric that does not hide much is it for the woman or the man who will be crucified a real rampart that protects his virtue?

Honestly, how would you feel if you were actually condemned to be crucified and therefore exposed naked in front of the crowd?

A little of the three embarrassments, humiliation and excitement, why not

It really depends. Sometimes a loincloth can hide just enough that it actually enhances the nudity of the person. This is also seen in instances where it is far more exciting to see the person gradually stripped of clothing and revealed, which can be far more interesting than just seeing them totally nude.

It really depends. Sometimes a loincloth can hide just enough that it actually enhances the nudity of the person. This is also seen in instances where it is far more exciting to see the person gradually stripped of clothing and revealed, which can be far more interesting than just seeing them totally nude.
I'm sorry but I find that the condemned, whether a man or a woman, must be humiliated to the maximum and I believe that for this, total nudity is essential for all his punishment, from the flogging to his exposure on his cross.

A stiffy under a loincloth accentuates the humiliation,especially if accompanied by a sticky patch....

20201020_221927.jpgstretched out prior to being stripped the loincloth not protecting the guards laughing
Who wants to see the next photo

Like what Zunger said, I'm not into death and gore, but I non-lethal crucifixion as a form of forced exhibitionism and general bondage.

In any form of subjugation, I usually prefer a loincloth to total nudity. There is still a requirement for decency, but they are not entitled to sufficient clothing.
I feel like total nudity makes it seem casual, and lessens the effect. While a minimal attempt to cover up, is still an acknowledgement that their overall nudity is a cause for shame.
In a similar vain, I also like tunics or gowns with opened sides, like what slaves wear in Gor.

Japanese female coal miners wore a type of loincloth called a Mabibeko, see below

Returning to the clothing of these mining women—we have seen that they rarely covered their upper bodies while working down in the mines. What, then, did they wear on the rest of their body? The typical outfit for a female miner consisted of a “mining-skirt” (mabubeko), a cummerbund (haramaki), and a pair of thin towels (tenugui).

Mabubeko. Women made their own mabubeko according to their size. The middle panel of this particular specimen is 52 cm (20.8 inches) high, Kitakyūshū Museum of Natural History and Human History
At one point when I was visiting Ms. Idegawa, the author of Mothers who Gave Birth to Fire, mentioned above, I had an opportunity to see a rare specimen of a mabubeko preserved in her collection. It is a heko (equivalent of koshimaki or wrap-around) that women would wear in the mabu (coal mine). At first glance it looks something like an apron in three unequally sized panels, the middle one being slightly wider and longer (22” wide and 20.8” in height) than the other two (16” wide, 13.4” in height, each). The garment would be wrapped around the waist so that the central panel covered the woman’s rear, and the other two would be overlapped in front and tied off with the attached strips of cloth. The difference in the length of the front and back panels is to make it easier for the wearer to work squatting all the time; the front panels can be shorter but the back one has to be longer to keep the wearer’s rear covered while working. Illustrations of women wearing precisely this type of outfit can be seen in the book of illustrations, Living in the Mine2 by Yamamoto Sakubei.3 There were no set requirements for the material from which mabubeko were made. It seems kasuri or striped cloth was most common, but most likely whatever was available and within the reach of these women was used.

It would appear that the mabubeko was viewed not as underwear (like an ordinary koshimaki) but rather as a specialized kind of work garment. Even so, those mining women typically did not wear anything else under their mabebeko. In other words, their private parts would have been exposed as they squatted and crawled through the mineshafts. It was really not that long ago that hundreds of women slaved away in this humiliating outfit, making their contribution to the energy production needed for the developing nation. We tend to focus more on its conspicuous, monumental signs above ground, and remain blind to the effort and sacrifice of these invisible women working in the mines below.

In addition to the mabubeko, the mining women wore a haramaki – that is, a length of cloth made of sarashi momen (bleached cotton) – which was folded in half lengthwise and then bound around the waist. It had several different purposes. On the one hand, it functioned like a cummerbund, supporting the abdominal muscles during heavy physical exertion, and on the other, it helped to absorb all the rivulets of sweat that would cascade down from their upper bodies. Additionally, it was handy in the event of an accident, as it could also be used as a bandage to cover bleeding. Like anything else down in the mine, this haramaki would become blackened from the coal dust and would have to be washed daily. Unlike the mabubeko, however, this cotton wrap was replaced somewhat more frequently, even before it became totally worn out. This may seem surprising, given that this was a time when cloth was scarce and the money to purchase it was even more so. But the haramaki had an almost ritual significance for these women. This was the very first garment they would put on before starting for work, and maybe because of that they may not have wanted to jinx their safety by seeing stains and rips.

Then of course there is the "Fundoshi"as worn by these female divers for Abalone etc. (Ama girls)
View attachment 811180View attachment 811182
Or a modern close-up viewView attachment 811181
Were the female miners wear anything on their breasts? I like this image of sweating, half naked female laborers squatting in unison along the shaft of a mine.

For the victim who has been tortured before being hung on the cross , being naked would not make any difference. At that stage the victim had given up, and would not be aware of a loitcloth or not. For me , who is aware of everything would not have any covering.
Precisely, for the condemned to feel this humiliation by the fact of being exposed naked, this loincloth must be banned from the start and nudity compulsory from the conviction for all his ordeal.

Back
Top Bottom