Manips By Phlebas

Go to CruxDreams.com
Dear Crux-members - here is a simple and short story, inspired by two graphics which made a particularly great impression on me. Both are with a pair of executed. One is of Jastrow and the second, which I like even more – of Phlebas - presented on this thread - #49.
Graphics are often a great source of inspiration for a story!:icon_writing:

As you say, Wikk, a simple and short story - but you wrote a powerful one!:clapping:

Thank you Barbaria, Wragg, Loxuru, thank you all for this kind words for me ... and especially I would like to thank Phlebas for what he wrote. Yes, it is honor for me this possibility of corresponding and exchange of ideas with him. It very valuable to have such Friend here …

Maybe it will possible to work with next stories, but as for many here I'm very busy in my real life ... and only seldom can devote fully for visualisation of my fantasies. That story and picture is good example for it (almost one year !) …

a bald and fat market trader - a cheat, selling meat from fallen animals;
Some nice detail in the story:

“Selling cheap porc for expensive beef or mutton is not only cheating one’s clients, which on its own deserves the cross. Doing such in a community with strict dietary laws, absolutely forbidding to eat porc, is an even worse crime.

My ‘trade’ made me good money, but the profits made me greedy, and I always wanted more, so I kept pushing my luck, until it ran out and I got caught.

A humiliating and cruel end! The crowd has no mercy with me for what I did! I try to ignore their shouts, by watching that witch. Despite her age, she is still attractive to see her dancing on her cross!”

(definitely, no one wants it for real to happen, but such short storylines spark the fantasy of being subjected to it – something few people probably do understand)

Ok, deep breath.

This year marks 20 years of posting my crux manips to the world, so I am going to post every one of them here (crux and non crux) over the course of the year, with comments, and some of them may even be unposted works. These are the ones which I have numbered and named and deemed suitable for release. Maybe I'll revisit some of the unfinished stuff too, get it out the door :)

My early attempts at photo manips were created using Paint Shop Pro version 3 and 4, which did not have support for layers. Working with them was fiddly and sometimes difficult, but I produced several pictures for my own amusement which pleased me. One of these was an early Makar figure with the head of Anna Kournikova on it :doh:
Makar's early pics had a profound affect on me, as you can imagine.

On the 27th May in the year 2000 I produced the first manip which I shared with the outside world. Crude though it was the good people of the old Crux group were very encouraging and over the next couple of months I posted another 4 manips, all using the older non layer version of PSP.

ph001 was just a random woman in medieval/ancient setting.
ph002 my first male crux, supposedly a british soldier captured by the Zulus, the model is from a series of photos by Dark Lord
ph003 a journalist captured by the Taliban
ph004 Roman crucifixion squad showing how they raise a cross
ph005 I don't know, a western tourist who was disrespectful of the temple? I can't remember, but I like the way it turned out.

You'll notice the heavy use of filters to hide the rather crude work I was doing with the tools and skills I had to hand.

ph001.jpgph002.jpgph003.jpgph004.jpgph005.jpg

Twenty years old, you say? Timeless!:clapping:

Thank you Lox, I hope it will be an interesting journey.

Crux was not on Yahoo at the time, I think it was on a forum called egroups, which was bought by Yahoo some little time after this. It was a small group, I think still under 1000 members at this time in mid 2000.

These manips were laborious to produce, but the lovely Heat* took pity on me and gave me a copy of PSP 5, which did layers. This made a very big difference to me, and you see an immediate change in my output over the following months.
* Sweet Child of Hungry Heat

ph006 already more photo real than what had come before
ph006.jpg

ph007 my most ambitious effort to date, with modifications to the body and limbs, nails and urination. This was inspired by a wonderful poem by Dr Mabuse, which I haven't been able to find for this post.
ph007.jpg

ph008 for this one I wrote a mini story, an extended caption, which was my first effort in a literary direction :) The bones of this were composed on a tube platform in London, and it's posted below
ph008.jpg

ph009 another male pic, a study in potential, that makes 20% of my first 10 pictures. At this time in 2000 almost no one was posting male crux or manips in the Crux group, you had to go over to Crucim to see male crux, but Crucim was rather narrow in its focus, being dedicated primarily to crux from a gay perspective, with a ban on women even appearing in male crux pictures. I fought for years to get more appreciation of male crux in Crux/Crux Foundatio/Crux Forums - I think we have finally got there.
ph009.jpg

ph010 this one was for the Crux group birthday in September 2000, do you recognise the lady in front? I still wasn't putting the year or file name on the pictures at this point.
ph010.jpg

The story for ph008

Now there would be one fewer in the world.

Grim dealt such an end to every christian he encountered. Many even welcomed it! A strange people, he had no stomach for these followers of the White Christ. Weak and stupid, theirs was no religion for a warrior, no, and he had no wish to see his people twisted by it.

Look at this one, upon the agony wood. Too thin for his liking, chest heaving, legs quivering, young juices flowing in her death passion. Blood and water, life and death. Even her secret places are moist with excitement, though she shrank from his touch when he examined her. Now her final intimacy would be with this rough stake under the cold sky.

Stupid girl, she would soon follow her Christ in this undignified death. A waste. He could have used her around the farmstead, and doubtless she would have served to warm his bed in winter, but no, impossible for such as she.

It is said that one eyed Odin, Grim's patron among the gods, once found wisdom on a tree. Perhaps this one, who had chosen to look to the south for her guidance, would also find wisdom before the end.

No matter to him. Gather the booty, and away home.

Good to see this thread, Phlebas! :)

I'd like to add that the image of a figure crucified on a cross formed from the word WRAGG which appears in my sigstrip and on all my own manips was actually done for me some time ago by Phlebas. I know I now have the skills to make my own but I don't have the skills to improve on it. I'm so fond of it that I'll never stop using it!

Cheers Phlebas! :beer:

Twenty years old, you say? Timeless!:clapping:

Thank you Lox

Good to see this thread, Phlebas! :)

I'd like to add that the image of a figure crucified on a cross formed from the word WRAGG which appears in my sigstrip and on all my own manips was actually done for me some time ago by Phlebas. I know I now have the skills to make my own but I don't have the skills to improve on it. I'm so fond of it that I'll never stop using it!

Cheers Phlebas! :beer:

Yes I am honoured that you still use it :)

ok, I continued to post a modest number of manips in 2000. Ph013 is the first to carry the year, and ph016 the first to carry the picture number.

ph011 was a return to filters and I liked the result
ph012 was inspired by the Sydney Olympics
ph013 one for Apostate, my first experiment with a rear view and yes, that is Eric idle
ph014 another male crux, on the inhospitable northern frontier of the Empire
ph015 nailing scene
ph016 an ambitious scene with male and female figures and crosses I built myself, complete with cornu. I think there was a short text for this.
ph017 inspired by Krista, but there was some kind of RL story, some female member of Crux crossed into Canada and there was a reason for this pic which I have now forgotten
ph018 a western woman in a Chinese landscape, prelude to a later pic with story.
ph019 I had fun with this I posted it as an actual photo from Boxer rebellion era China, another western woman getting her come uppance
ph020 this one had a full blown story, the missionary's daughter and his young male assistant crucified by Chinese rebels, I'll see if I can find the text

ph016 - the caption
These two slaves made a lovers' pact, killed their master and tried to run away.

Now they have been led out to their punishment.

Bloody and sore, he is already perched uncomfortably upon his horn, pierced in five places. He was not an anal virgin, but never had his master's member been as swollen and hard as this wood.

She, cruel leads still fixed to her nipples, faces the morning sun and contemplates the ordeal to come. Where would she be forced to receive her horn ? Would she be forced to sit upon the wooden prong, her knees spread, her feet nailed either side of the stipes like her partner ? Or would her thighs be opened, her lips parted to receive the thick wooden shaft?

Her only certainty is a slow death of agony and indignity.

She waits for her turn.

ph011.jpgph012.jpgph013.jpgph014.jpgph015.jpgph016.jpgph017b.jpgph018b.jpgph019.jpgph020.jpg

Last edited:
Early to mid 2001
I found some of the original stories attached to these pictures

I found the story for the Chinese cross pic ph020 in the last post, it was posted here http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/thread...on-of-the-world-on-the-cross.3603/post-107045

ph021 I think this had a story too, these women were family to a Jewish rebel, they were being crucified to try and draw him out of hiding *
ph022 this woman was a prisoner of Chechen rebels, I think, she was taken from a downed Russian helicopter, and she was being show off to a journalist
the story was previously posted here http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/old-stories-by-phlebas.3647/post-130268
ph023-ph027 a German gentleman sent me pictures of his partner Carmen to be inserted in scenes of torture and peril. The poses were pretty suitable, and these became my first published non crux manips. The texts below are my interpretations now, not what I put on them in 2001
ph023 in the dungeon
ph024 put to the question
ph025 hot iron
ph026 on the way to the pyre?
ph027 the witch burns
ph028 Mulder tries a new way to attract alien attention
ph029 Found the caption for this -
somewhere in Latin America the paysans have risen. The local big house has been stormed, the daughter siezed and shown the hospitality of the mob. With nothing upon her body but dirt, sweat, and her precious choker, she is nailed to a sturdy cross, to await rescue by her father or retribution from the people.
The man and the woman each look towards something out of picture; he with a steady gaze, she with trepidation and terror. What do they see?

ph030 again the 1 in 10 male crux, my first work with the wonderful champion of self crux Batman, in this case meeting his match in the arena

ph021.jpgph022.jpgph023.jpgph024.jpgph025.jpgph026.jpgph027.jpgph028.jpgph029.jpgph030.jpg

* found this one for ph021, but only part of it. One woman was his partner, the other his sister. What I found was this:

Miriam was feeling hollow inside. Her wrists seared with twin agony, her shoulders ached, her chest constricted, but the pain of rejection was in some ways worse. She only wanted a look that said "you're not alone", but Sarah couldn't, wouldn't look at her. She had her own demons to contend with. Miriam felt abandoned; by Sarah, by Zacharia. The cruel mockery of the guards pierced her ego in this fragile state, her slender frame and flat chest was a source of ribald humour for them. She felt little strength in her to carry on.

Sarah could not bring herself to look at Miriam. Not only was she a blunt reminder of Sarah's own impending ordeal, but Miriam's resemblance to her brother was too much for Sarah to cope with at this moment.

Whereas the soldiers had made fun of Miriam's angular body, Sarah's was full and womanly. All eyes were on her as she was led to her cross, lying on the ground a little way from Miriam's. As she lay back on the hard wood, her arms were stretched wide and back, hands resting against the patibulum. A soldier knelt upon each arm while nails were swiftly and efficiently driven through the flesh of her wrists. Sarah's body arched in agony,

ok, these date between July and September 2001

ph031 Another Batman in the arena pic
ph032 This is actually a rework of the original, from 2012. I cropped it to remove a bit that didn't really work so well, I think it's pretty effective
ph033 A slave provides entertainment for the ladies
ph034 Stark but effective. I can't remember now, is this Laetitia Casta? mmm maybe not.
ph035 Dating from August 2001, I think this is the first picture I posted after 911. I like the simplicity, but a little rough around the edges
ph036 This is another that I "improved" slightly, in 2015
ph037 These two suffer from my having a monitor that showed everything darker than it was, ph035 as well, so these pics are not really balanced well, they should be much
ph038 darker, I offer them as is. The bound lady is Amber of course, the cat lady our then recently departed Taryn.
ph039 Another departure from crux, a western captive tormented by a Chinese potentate. Inspired by a passage in Kazuo Ishiguro's When We Were Orphans *
ph040 An attempt to craft a WWII crux photo

ph031.jpgph032_2012.jpgph033.jpgph034.jpgph035.jpgph036.jpgph037.jpgph038.jpgph039.jpgph040.jpg

'It wasn't just ... just a matter of surrendering to him in bed. He regularly whipped her in front of his dinner guests. Taming the white woman, he called it.'

The following were all created between September and December 2001, maybe some were coloured by the events of that period. Also, around this time I began contributing to the site Deadly Illusions, and exploring a wider range of scenarios, you'll notice that not one of this set is a crucifixion.

ph041 playing around with Japanese bondage
ph042 white woman tribal peril at the stake
ph043 burned at the stake
ph044 this was a change for me, the lady's name is Xena and she wanted something a bit different. probably the most odd manip I have done.
ph045 wartime hanging
ph046 wild west peril
ph047 a Christian missionary or possibly aid worker in peril
ph048 wild west peril, roles reversed
ph049 alien abduction peril
ph050 another westerner falling into the wrong hands

ph041.jpgph042.jpgph043.jpgph044.jpgph045.jpgph046.jpgph047.jpgph048.jpgph049.jpgph050.jpg

The CIA should know better than to send a female agent who doesn’t have enough sense to cover herself properly in public. We spotted her immediately. Now we’ll see how well or poorly they’ve trained her to hold her tongue under torture!

Back
Top Bottom