Manips By Phlebas

Go to CruxDreams.com

phlebas

PRIMUS POENUS
Staff member
Well, I know I haven't been very productive for the last year or so, sorry! Time, opportunity, inspiration, it's hard to get these things lined up together :confused:, but I have been playing briefly with PhotoSketcher after Madiosi's recommendation, so I thought I'd start a new thread and put my first Photosketcher experiment in it.
My intention is to use this thread to keep my manips all in one place instead of scattered all over the forum, and I will put old and new work here bit by bit over time. It might encourage me to post some of my more minor work too :)
Photosketcher, a found piece of art, and a figure I have used before. If you want a name, call it Shepherd.
For those interested, I created the basic image in Paint Shop Pro, took it over to Photosketcher to add the effect, and then back to PSP for some final editing.

ph310.jpg

Well, I know I haven't been very productive for the last year or so, sorry! Time, opportunity, inspiration, it's hard to get these things lined up together :confused:, but I have been playing briefly with PhotoSketcher after Madiosi's recommendation, so I thought I'd start a new thread and put my first Photosketcher experiment in it.
My intention is to use this thread to keep my manips all in one place instead of scattered all over the forum, and I will put old and new work here bit by bit over time. It might encourage me to post some of my more minor work too :)
Photosketcher, a found piece of art, and a figure I have used before. If you want a name, call it Shepherd.
For those interested, I created the basic image in Paint Shop Pro, took it over to Photosketcher to add the effect, and then back to PSP for some final editing.

View attachment 489292
Nice result, Phlebas. And a good idea your artwork here to concentrate. :)

Good work, Phlebas!:clapping::clapping:

Very well in the style of Caspar David Friedrich.:beer:

Attachments

• cdf1.jpg
    cdf1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,865
  • cdf2.jpg
    cdf2.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 1,227
  • cdf3.jpg
    cdf3.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 1,248

View attachment 489292

I love that contrast, timeless rural scene, girl on cross ignored.

nice work! bit jealous I must admit..

ph310.jpg Bleat bleat! Looks like the humans have been at it again! Another crucifixion! Ugghhhh! They are so ugly when they are naked, aren't they? Bleat bleat. Wonder why they don't have nice wool fleece, like we do? Oh, well ... the shepherd is leaving ... Bleat bleat ... come on everyone, let's follow.

Bleat bleat! Looks like the humans have been at it again! Another crucifixion! Ugghhhh! They are so ugly when they are naked, aren't they? Bleat bleat. Wonder why they don't have nice wool fleece, like we do? Oh, well ... the shepherd is leaving ... Bleat bleat ... come on everyone, let's follow.

:duke:

The sheep also wonder why humans so desperately need their wool, since they go out naked all the time.:confused:

The sheperd's dog does not care the concerns of the sheep. As long as they chat, they are easy to keep an eye on. It gives him the time to walk around a little, to fetch a juicy bone from under the cross. That makes his day.:)

:dog:

Say: For all others, the life go on!
Musee des Beaux Arts

W. H. Auden

About suffering they were never wrong,
The old Masters: how well they understood
Its human position: how it takes place
While someone else is eating or opening a window or just walking dully along;
How, when the aged are reverently, passionately waiting
For the miraculous birth, there always must be
Children who did not specially want it to happen, skating
On a pond at the edge of the wood:
They never forgot
That even the dreadful martyrdom must run its course
Anyhow in a corner, some untidy spot
Where the dogs go on with their doggy life and the torturer's horse
Scratches its innocent behind on a tree.

In Breughel's Icarus, for instance: how everything turns away
Quite leisurely from the disaster; the ploughman may
Have heard the splash, the forsaken cry,
But for him it was not an important failure; the sun shone
As it had to on the white legs disappearing into the green
Water, and the expensive delicate ship that must have seen
Something amazing, a boy falling out of the sky,
Had somewhere to get to and sailed calmly on.

I really like it, phlebas. You've fit the girl and cross into the painting nicely while changing the focus of the viewer up up to the cross. The lighting of the picture gives a nice mood to the piece. Like it a lot. :)

Last edited:
The girl is responsible for ambushing and killing a Roman official.
I tried talking,
vindicta__3__by_hjorvind-d7fov5e.jpg
but there is no reasoning with them, I didn't want it this way but one thing led to another,
vindicta__6__by_hjorvind-d7fxnoz.jpg
it was of course hopeless, there are always more of them
vindicta__8__by_hjorvind-d7fxo3i.jpg
A very nice back view. Not quite sure why all the people in the marketplace are ignoring her though.
Now some might throw in that seeing the back of me is the best perspective but maybe they saw all they wanted during the flogging and now it's time for business. They can look, they can come and go as they please, they can spit and throw and tease, I'll be dying here for a long time and it's not as if they're missing out on anything if they turn to their buying and selling for a while. I guess when they close down the market stands and sort out the rotten and damaged vegetables they'll be thinking of me ...

It must be time for another post in here.
Eventually I may post all my work in here, old, new and unposted.

I posted this one recently in another thread, it goes back quite a while and I always liked it. This week it inspired another quick manip, posted here for the first time. I've always found those moments of preparation to be an important part of any modern crux story, we are after all a society of correct form and procedure.
ph235.jpg ph318.jpg

Back
Top Bottom