Manipulations by Hammers

Go to CruxDreams.com
The Emperor's banquets were never boring.jpg's banquets were never boring.jpg
The Emperor placed great importance on the entertainment!
Good scale and sympathetic sepia tone blending - nice work, hammers! :)

Interesting concept. Do the chariots have to weave between the crosses? ;)
Excellent work, Hammers!
Thank you Jollyrei for your appreciation. Probably chariots would not weave between the crosses because games ran according to schedules: in the morning various shows took place including the chariots, at the lunch break there were the executions and in the afternoon the gladiators' fights .

Thank you Jollyrei for your appreciation. Probably chariots would not weave between the crosses because games ran according to schedules: in the morning various shows took place including the chariots, at the lunch break there were the executions and in the afternoon the gladiators' fights .
This would make a good detail for a story. I would be out for the morning races, and maybe an execution while I had my lunch (rat on a stick, only a sestertius!). I might skip the gladiators - go take a siesta or something. I do like these images you're doing. You've got a definite style.

The chariot couldn't "weave" under any circumstances. The shaft was fixed. The chariot was turned by getting the four horses to turn with the chariot sliding through the turn behind them. It was tough enough getting the chariot to slide through a U-turn at each end of the course; getting them to shift back and forth would have been impossible.
It would be more likely that other executions or gladiator fights would take place while the women are being crucified. Chariot racing was dangerous enough without putting other obstacles on the track.

The chariot couldn't "weave" under any circumstances. The shaft was fixed. The chariot was turned by getting the four horses to turn with the chariot sliding through the turn behind them. It was tough enough getting the chariot to slide through a U-turn at each end of the course; getting them to shift back and forth would have been impossible.
It would be more likely that other executions or gladiator fights would take place while the women are being crucified. Chariot racing was dangerous enough without putting other obstacles on the track.
According to historians Emperor Nero,instead, had no difficulty driving slowly around the execution ground to watch closely the sufferings of the victims of the executions he had ordered. It was likely a two horse chariot and the horses were placid animals.

An interesting image, Hammers. Clearly a fascinating and interesting scene - I am unfamiliar with Arsinoe's story.

On a technical level, if you will allow a few comments, the manip suffers a bit from the size of the final image and the resolution of the characters in comparison to the background. Generally, I always think manips work better if the human figures are higher resolution than the background. Here you have inverted that idea and your characters lose some sense of realism. Then the building is actually quite massive in real life. Your people change that perspective and turn it into a much smaller structure, and the trees are now turned into smaller shrubbery. I realize that to make the people properly sized to the building would have made them pretty invisible, at least as far as telling a story.

You could set up the murder using a background of more "close up" columns, which would allow you to use larger figures. This would almost certainly improve the drama of the scene.

An interesting image, Hammers. Clearly a fascinating and interesting scene - I am unfamiliar with Arsinoe's story.

On a technical level, if you will allow a few comments, the manip suffers a bit from the size of the final image and the resolution of the characters in comparison to the background. Generally, I always think manips work better if the human figures are higher resolution than the background. Here you have inverted that idea and your characters lose some sense of realism. Then the building is actually quite massive in real life. Your people change that perspective and turn it into a much smaller structure, and the trees are now turned into smaller shrubbery. I realize that to make the people properly sized to the building would have made them pretty invisible, at least as far as telling a story.

You could set up the murder using a background of more "close up" columns, which would allow you to use larger figures. This would almost certainly improve the drama of the scene.
Arsinoe IV of Egypt was half sister to Cleopatra VII and she was executed on the steps of the Temple of Artemis in Ephesus on Mark Antony's order after instigation from Cleopatra who saw her as a threat to her power.
Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Also you have correctly individuated the reasons behind my 'oversizing' the human figures in respect of the building's actual size.
Please note that in other works of mine larger figures were used to obtain the dramatic effects you mentioned. Under this particular circumstance it was also in my intentions to focus the viewer's attention on the entire majestic beautiful structure of the Temple of Artemis (or Diana for Romans) that was reputed as one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.

View attachment 874094a) the original painting which inspired the manipulation View attachment 874095b) Manipulation
Nicely done - you capture the feel of the painting to fit in your model. Quite effective. A bit of colour blending to make her look a little less like an addon might be helpful, but the overall effect is excellent. The model's pose works well with the original idea, and is very sensual.

Nicely done - you capture the feel of the painting to fit in your model. Quite effective. A bit of colour blending to make her look a little less like an addon might be helpful, but the overall effect is excellent. The model's pose works well with the original idea, and is very sensual.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom