Manipulations by Hammers

Go to CruxDreams.com
Nice work, Hammers. Still not sure if the girl at the stake or the person with the whip is in more danger here.
I'm not sure what the guy with the sword believes he's supposed to be doing. He'll do someone an injury in a minute.
Thank you for appreciation! It is possible to figure out that the girl and the man whipping her are both condemned to decapitation,but the man is obliged-against his will- to whip the girl before being executed.

Executions of Pharaoh's spies.jpg's spies.jpg
The bright, overhead sunlight is well observed, and the inserted crux shadows are consistent with the original sources.
The X-crux figures appear quite large in proportion to the charioteers.
Nevertheless this is an interesting composition, produced in a small scale, combining a sense of movement and restraint.
Nice work, Hammers! :)

The bright, overhead sunlight is well observed, and the inserted crux shadows are consistent with the original sources.
The X-crux figures appear quite large in proportion to the charioteers.
Nevertheless this is an interesting composition, produced in a small scale, combining a sense of movement and restraint.
Nice work, Hammers! :)
Thanks Bobinder for appreciation and advice

This is an unusual aerial view, showing rear aspects of the crux figures. The footprints provide texture and scale for the scene, and suggest a lot of recent activity.

I am often wary of tyre marks in backgrounds, unless I can delete them, although these may be produced by horse-drawn vehicles appropriate to the period.
Careful examination reveals that a lot of preparation has gone into the background, including some very effective digital over-painting.

Desert backgrounds with large expanses of sand carry a risk of visually swamping the flesh tones of any but the darkest figures. The two white girls are almost disappearing into the sand, although their crosses help to define them. The central figure is heavily bound to the cross, and the right hand figure employs an interesting over-arm pose.

The simplicity of the composition is deceptive, and some care has been taken to ensure consistent lighting and perspective for the inserted crux figures.
The soldiers and central crucifix cast their shadows to the right - and the right hand crux figure should also cast her shadow in the same direction.

Regardless of my comments on colours and shadows, this is a highly original composition. Nice work again, hammers! :)

Back
Top Bottom