Go to CruxDreams.com
Love the smirks on the faces of the two onlookers in the center of the pic. They have that "Well, you got what you deserved" look.
and the superior looking 'head girl' reading out the charges -
oooh I how loathed girls who got to be prefects :mad:

and the superior looking 'head girl' reading out the charges -
oooh I how loathed girls who got to be prefects :mad:
I can think of several who needed to be thumped!

And now a bit of history...
You might remember the story of Hansel and Gretel. Abandoned in the woods by their parents during a time of hunger, they were taken in by an old woman living in a cottage made of gingerbread and candy. They saw that the old woman was bringing in wood and heating the oven, and they discovered that she was planning on roasting and eating them. Gretel asked the woman to look inside the oven to see if it was hot enough, and then pushed her in and slammed the door. Like most of Grimm's Fairy Tales, this is a rather late tale, but it is illustrative of the grim possibilities with which the old tales for children are fraught.

The weather had returned to its normal pattern by the summer of 1317, but the people of Europe were incapable of making a quick recovery. An important factor in this situation was the scarcity of grain available to be used as seed. Although historians are still unsure of the validity of the figures, records of the time seem to indicate that a bushel of seed was needed in order to produce four bushels of wheat. At the height of the hunger in the late Spring of 1317, starving people had eaten much of the grain normally set aside as seed, as wall as many of their draft animals.

Even so, any of the surviving people and animals were simply too weak to work effectively. But about ten to fifteen percent of the population had died from pneumonia, bronchitis, tuberculosis, and other sicknesses that the starving sufferers' weakness had made fatal, and there were consequently fewer mouths to feed. So Europe was able to recover, although only slowly.

It was not until about 1325 that the food supply had returned to a relatively normal state, and population began to increase again. Europeans were badly shaken however. The death rate had been high, and even nobles and clergy had perished from hunger. The world now seemed a less stable and "gentle" place than it had before the Great Famine. Another folk tale that arose about this time suggests a new and more violent attitude among the populace, the story of The Mouse Tower of Bingen

The land of the prince-bishop of Bingen, a district on the Rhine river above Cologne, had suffered a severe short-fall in its harvest, and food was in very short supply. Nevertheless, the bishop demanded that everyone pay him their full rents and taxes in money and in kind. He then used the money to buy up what food remained in the market, and stored all of it in the fortress tower in which he lived. He dismissed all of his dependents and servants, and then shut and locked all of the gates and doors to the tower in order to be sure that people would not try to enter and steal the food he had hoarded there. But he need not have worried about that -- the people were all gone. They had eaten every blade of grass and every kernel of grain in the land. Some had died, while others had fled and left the bishop as the only living person in Bingen. Just as he was congratulating himself on having been clever enough to have survived the great hunger in comfort, he heard noises outside and at the doors. He rushed to the top of the tower and saw a terrible sight. All of the starving rats and mice from the entire region had smelled the food and were hurrying toward his tower.

There is an old stone tower in the German city of Bingen, and it is still pointed out to visitors as the famous Mouse Tower of the Bishop of Bingen.

Should have gone to Little Brampton!

An important factor in this situation was the scarcity of grain available to be used as seed.
Well if they built their houses out of gingerbread and candy,
it's not surprising they ran short! :p

Bingen... I did not know about the mouse tower, thanks for that... and isn't that where St. Hildegard (1098-1179) came from?
She lived a long and happy life, until her brain was unexpectedly sucked out by a celestial octopus. View attachment 334680 well it could happen to anyone.
:D :D :D
It was an oc-cupational hazard :spank:
(And just when she was cleaning out the monastic bidet? :p)

The Torturer's Apprentice

Mathew Hopkins was born in Grantham in 1620 and died in Manningtree in 1647 probably from TB. I hope it was excruciatingly painful. In his short miserable existence he wrote The Discovery of Witches, The Discovery of Witches and Witchcraft and The Writings of the Witchfinders. There's nothing like writing a book to add credence to your so called expertise. “Experts” are still publishing research which proves whatever they set out to prove. In recent times hundreds of families in England were devastated when the authorities pounced and removed young children on the grounds of abuse. Totally innocent parents, especially the father were put on trial and locked up while their kids were sent into local authority care...God help them! All the result of secret dilation tests carried out in hospitals based on totally barmy theories and statistics produced by get famous quick quacks!

Hopkins was no expert. He claimed to be a lawyer but was in fact the equivalent of a solicitor's clerk. He did know some Latin and fully acquainted himself with the laws regarding witches before embarking on his orgy of terror from 1645-1646. In 14 months he accounted for 230 victims whilst building up a small fortune for himself and his gang. His plan, which he probably put together while living in Holland, was to start with one successful prosecution, gain as much publicity as possible while adding to the general feeling in the country of fear, chaos and mistrust. He singled out Elizabeth Clarke as his first victim. She was anything but the kind of witch you may have seen depicted in this thread, The Witch Finder General, Quoom's pics or Damian's Witchhunter. She was a haggard, poor, one legged woman who's own mother had been hanged for witchcraft. She didn't stand a cat in hell's chance of defending herself. Since torture had been banned Hopkins was careful to torture without leaving any obvious signs. Sleep deprivation, sitting naked,cross legged on a table all night, being forcibly marched around the cell until your feet bled, were just a few tricks Hopkins had up his sleeve. After three or more days of this then follow it up with threats, constant accusations, browbeating until the victim simply wanted to die to end the misery. Nothing new in his methods then! Elizabeth finally gave in and told Hopkins whatever he wanted to hear. Now he was in business!!!...five more names, more finger pointing, and.....much more money. Five more women were duly arrested with only Elizabeth Gooding holding out and refusing to acknowledge her guilt. Hopkins needed more staff if he was to make his fortune. John Stearne was chosen as his second in command. He had a foul reputation for cruelty but would as he was told for money. Mary “Goody” Philips was also recruited as a pricker. Her job being to find The Devil's Mark, a supposedly insensitive spot only found on witches. Anyone reading this can try a simple experiment. Pinch the tip of your elbow and you won't feel anything because there are no nerve endings there! So much for The Devils' spot. Edward Pasley and Frances Mills made up the rest of his filthy crew.

Hopkins roused his neighbours to denounce anyone they suspected. Perhaps they had an argument with some woman then felt ill afterwards, did their crops fail, did their cows fail to deliver milk? This was a good time to seek revenge upon thy neighbour and settle a few old scores. A nice little backhander never went amiss either. The final number of those accused soon rose to 32. The trials resulted in 29 being found guilty and sentenced to be hanged. This was hardly a surprising verdict since the President of the Court was Robert Rich, Earl of Warwick who just happened to be a venomous Presbyterian. Ten women were hanged at Chelmsford and the rest paraded around and hanged at various hamlets.

Hopkins now had his perfect start. He gave himself the title of Witch Finder General. This was never given by Parliament. He wrote books to give himself the air of an expert. He had a team which employed women as a smokescreen. He could claim that they knew best where a woman may have The Witch's Mark while he could carry on doing God's work which just happened to involve torturing naked women. He charged so much that some towns had to impose a special tax to pay for his services.

Hopkins and his gang had started a holocaust fuelled by greed . They travelled at break neck speed through the land spreading death, misery and bloodshed wherever they visited. Their wealth and power grew until finally the tide began to turn. At a time when most folk lived in fear of him an old country parson, John Gaule the vicar of Great Staughton launched a blistering attack from the pulpit and followed it up by collecting evidence of his methods and the use of torture.. He played Hopkins at his own game by writing a book called “Select Cases of Conscience Touching Witches and Witchcraft” A part of it reads

“Every old woman with a wrinkled face, a furrowed brow, a hairy lip, a gobber tooth, a squint eye, a squeaking voice or scolding tongue, having a rugged coat on her back, a skull cap on her head, a spindle in her hand and a dog or cat by her side, is not only suspect but pronounced for a witch”

Hopkins avoided visiting Great Staughton and settled into retirement.

If only there were more people like John Gaule!

This is a random pic we did before reading anything about Hopkins but it could show Mary Philips, victim (NOT Elizabeth Clarke!), and Mathew Hopkins. It's called The Torturer's Apprentice.

The Apprentice.jpg

PS As far as witch hunts and the use of torture are concerned we haven't made a great deal of progress have we?

Last edited by a moderator:
OLD SETH
Another delivery at Little Brampton. Mainly witches to be burned or hanged. Some of the local womenfolk had complained about the lighting of fires before 7 Of The Clock in the evening and the fact that they often played havoc with washing day. A spell in the ducking chair was usually sufficient to silence such complaints, for a while.
Old Seth inspected the latest cartload of condemned females with more than his usual lecherous interest. Three girls in particular had caught his good eye. Today is going to be more fun than when grandma got too close and fell in the fire he mused to himself. He had a penchant for girls with large tits and firm bums and these girls passed on both counts. Over the years he had risen from Convent urine collector to Hangman's Assistant. His job was mainly to make sure that the condemned entertained the crowds as much as possible while on the wrong end of a piece of looped rope.
3pOgWjb.jpg

He would literally keep the girls on their toes while gasping for air. Lifting them up by their tits would give them a little respite. He'd explore every curve and orifice while telling his victim what he would like to do to her. Seth could dream of what he would like to do but dreams and reality were far apart. A very nasty mauling by a wild Haggis on a Rape and Pillage holiday in Northern Caledonia put paid to any chances of him going forth and multiplying. Family planning had paid a visit to the young Seth in a most unwelcome manner. Life had not been kind to Seth so why should he not enjoy himself and at the same time provide entertainment for the masses.

Attachments

• Old Seth.jpg
    Old Seth.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 944
OLD SETH
Another delivery at Little Brampton. Mainly witches to be burned or hanged. Some of the local womenfolk had complained about the lighting of fires before 7 Of The Clock in the evening and the fact that they often played havoc with washing day. A spell in the ducking chair was usually sufficient to silence such complaints, for a while.
Old Seth inspected the latest cartload of condemned females with more than his usual lecherous interest. Three girls in particular had caught his good eye. Today is going to be more fun than when grandma got too close and fell in the fire he mused to himself. He had a penchant for girls with large tits and firm bums and these girls passed on both counts. Over the years he had risen from Convent urine collector to Hangman's Assistant. His job was mainly to make sure that the condemned entertained the crowds as much as possible while on the wrong end of a piece of looped rope.
View attachment 344520
He would literally keep the girls on their toes while gasping for air. Lifting them up by their tits would give them a little respite. He'd explore every curve and orifice while telling his victim what he would like to do to her. Seth could dream of what he would like to do but dreams and reality were far apart. A very nasty mauling by a wild Haggis on a Rape and Pillage holiday in Northern Caledonia put paid to any chances of him going forth and multiplying. Family planning had paid a visit to the young Seth in a most unwelcome manner. Life had not been kind to Seth so why should he not enjoy himself and at the same time provide entertainment for the masses.
Very enjoyable, these witch tales! :)

ANOTHER MARKET DAY
The girls in this pic are (L to R) Josephine, Maria and Rebecca Forsythe Golightly (Becky to her friends). The Butcher of Seville and myself (JG) are also here.
Another meat market in Little Brampton and business has never been so good.
Jos:. "Aargggh! Noooooo! Please stop. Don't! Please let me go I beg you."
Maria: "I do wish he'd stop..it's so unfair!"
Three pairs.jpg
J.G.: "Whoaa! What's all this please stop..please let me go nonsense. Any Medieval peasant girl when faced with having her tits cut off would I think have used rather stronger language than that"
Becky: Peasant girl? PEASANT!!! I'll have you know that I for one went to a very exclusive private school for young ladies!"
JG: "So how come you are slumming it on my thread?"
Becky: "Well..Arcimboldo has retired and I got overlooked by Damian and a girl has to earn a crust no matter what her breeding."
Jos."Well excuse me for interrupting but things are getting rather desperate here. You are passing the time of day with small talk while I am about to lose at least one of my most prized assets!"
JG: "Good point. I can help but you do need to make your language more realistic. Here...read this..it's a quick course in how to curse in Medieval English."
Maria: "OK..we'll give it a go but can you please get rid of that insufferable sweet faced little cow on the right..the one with the basket who's always hanging around?"
JG: "OK...now try again"

Jos: "Stop now you gorbellied guts-griping puttock."
Maria: "Yeah! Knock it off thou mewling fen -sucked bum bailey."
Becky: "Just go fuck yourself, you clay-brained gypsy maggot pie!"
Butcher: "By God's teeth!! Never have I heard such bawdy words coming from three saucy idle-headed little boar piglets. Your tongues shall make a spicy accompaniment to your tits!"
Becky: "Piss off back whence you came thou paunchy, dribbling, fly-bitten old moldwarp! and take that mammering, grisly, fat-kidneyed malt-worm that you call a wife with you!"
JG: "Well that is some improvement. Must dash....will call in later to see how you are getting on."
Jos: "WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Back
Top Bottom