Milestones

Go to CruxDreams.com
Eighty years ago, on February 19th, 1942, the war in the Pacific reached mainland Australia, with a heavy Japanese air raid on the town of Darwin, in the north. There were 236 civilian and military casualties, several ships sunk, aircraft destroyed, and lots of damage. The attack with carrier and land based aircraft came as a surprise, and was the first, and still the heaviest attack on Australian mainland by a foreign force. In the next months, tens more attacks would follow.

According to the latest German TV news, there is this evening an expected speech to be delivered in Moscow which will be

- from the German and French political-diplomatical point of view -

the first deliberate breach of an international agreement by an European government since the Cold War or even since 1945 and also the deliberate separation of another's state territory and its integration into the own state.

This is the deliberately planned end of this agreement and there is no other way to peace in sight - seen from the German & French political positions, which are absolutely united in this case:

This evening might also be the historical date of a political decision which will probably soon start the biggest war in Europe since 1945 !

Right now in this moment, there are emergency meetings of the national security organs and military commanders taking place in Paris and Berlin!

I will most probably retreat from these forums during the next weeks because I will soon be working again in a German hotel, which is famous in our so-called "well-informed circles" for hosting US- and NATO-Air-Force-members.

I think, I will soon no more be in the right mood for these forums here because I am too much interested in international politics to stay as "funny" as I would like and will probably soon see too many serious faces.

Sorry.

Last edited:
I will most probably retreat from these forums during the next weeks because I will soon be working again in a German hotel, which is famous in our so-called "well-informed circles" for hosting US- and NATO-Air-Force-members.
It is good to hear you found a new job. So that Wiedereingliederungsmaßnahmen has been succesful? :thumbup:

I am worried about the situation on the eastern front too, but that will not keep me away from CF.:roto2cafe:

Perhaps, with all these NATO and US forces attendance in your future hotel, you could keep us informed first hand?;)

It is good to hear you found a new job. So that Wiedereingliederungsmaßnahmen has been succesful? :thumbup:

I am worried about the situation on the eastern front too, but that will not keep me away from CF.:roto2cafe:

Perhaps, with all these NATO and US forces attendance in your future hotel, you could keep us informed first hand?;)

Yes, I will soon be "wiedereingegliedert".

I know myself, I would be too political for the forums here.

Most probably not. I have seen but not yet signed the employment contract. There is really an "absolute confidentiality clause", which I have never seen before in a similar contract.
I would not like so much to get into a situation like in a "James-Bond-Movie" in which I would have to kill someone - or to be killed - after having talked too much.
:eek: :rolleyes::facepalm:

But the speech I was referring to, has ended now. All German commentators are now saying that this was a "historical speech", because there are no real diplomatic alternatives any more for the territorial integrity of the disputed state. Moreover, in this speech was said that this disputed state has no historical right to exist because it was always the part of another state in history. With such an opinion, there is now a new defined "sphere of political-military interest" like in the times of the Soviet Union, in which the members of this "sphere" had no right of political independence. When you declare something like this today evening, you really can invade every state of this "sphere of interest" whenever this state does anything which is not in the interest of the most powerful state in this region.

I am really afraid, that this is the end of the European political state order as we knew it for the last 77 years.

Wow, this is really an incredible speed now!
Only a few hours ago, the Donbas region was officially a part of the Ukraine for the whole world, then three hours ago this region was declared to be regarded as two independant states who asked for help in a military conflict and right half an hour ago now, the first Russian "peacekeeping troops" are ordered by a presidential "Ukas"-order to help these brandnew states "to keep peace":

Ashampoo_Snap_Montag, 21. Februar 2022_22h55m02s_001_.jpg

Whatever was said and told during the last weeks to the French President Macron and to the German Chancellor Scholz at this very long table in Moscow ... forget it!
They probably feel like clowns now who were just the "Neville Chamberlains" in their time.

And President Macron is obviously not yet sleeping because he really seems to be angry right now:

Ashampoo_Snap_Montag, 21. Februar 2022_23h18m31s_001_.jpg

Last edited:
Probably my last "funny statements" here:

27 (in words: Twenty-seven ! ) European member countries of the EU, NATO and the secretary-general of the UN are united in condemning the Russian "opinion" as aggression on the now so-called "people's republics" of Donezk and Luhansk and the sending of so-called "peace-keeping" troops there.
But these "people's republics" control only one third of the government districts with their names but their "presidents" are now claiming all the territories of the districts with their names. What do you think, what will happen next?

The German minister of foreign affairs - Mrs. Annalena Baerbock of the Green Party (!) - today called the president, who is responsible for this political adventure, someone who says this to other goverments and does the opposite, when his foreign guests are on their way home. She called him "a liar" who obviously has only disrespect and contempt for the soverignty of other countries when they do not act as he wants them to do. This is endangering the peace all over Europe because more than 50 % of our European borders were drawn after WW II. When you will draw new borders, you will probably start a new war!

Up to now, in Germany only four persons from four countries in the whole world - not even China - said something in favour of the president who started all of this:
Nicaragua's Ortega, Venezuela's Maduro, a foreign minister of South Africa AND Donald J. Trump!
I guess now, the "J." in his name stands for "'J'enius" because he loves this word so much.

In the event of a war with the presumably planned occupation of 50 % of Ukraine by Russian troops, German estimates assume at least 50,000 dead, 200,000 injured and around 5 million refugees!

That is why I am no more in the mood to come and write here for some foreseeable future.

Sorry.

Up to now, in Germany only four persons from four countries in the whole world - not even China - said something in favour of the president who started all of this:
Nicaragua's Ortega, Venezuela's Maduro, a foreign minister of South Africa AND Donald J. Trump!
What happened to the Ayatollah and Kim Jong Un?

the sending of so-called "peace-keeping" troops there.
You mean "piece-keeping" don't you? Like in this

Maybe, the Ayatollahs are afraid of their own borders to Aserbaidshan or Kasakhstan which are in some way "protectorates" of Russia, too, and Kim Jong Un has only one border, but this one to China and a few years ago, a famous Chinese general asked in a Communist party newspaper, what is still Communist in a state which is governed by the same family for generations like in an ancient "God-Kingdom"?!!

I think, there will soon be a revival party for this musical with some changed lines (I am somehow fascinated by the Chinese sublines on YouTube) ...

... for example: “don’t be stupid, be a smartie, come and join the Xyulo - wanted by criminal international court in The Hague party”

:facepalm:

I guess now, the "J." in his name stands for "'J'enius" because he loves this word so much.

In the event of a war with the presumably planned occupation of 50 % of Ukraine by Russian troops, German estimates assume at least 50,000 dead, 200,000 injured and around 5 million refugees!
Someone can dislike someone and still point out their strengths. It was done about Hitler during WWII but that doesn't mean they were fans of his. Really, your reading of the news seems fairly limited. There has been a fair amount of 'positive' quotes about Xyulo - wanted by criminal international court in The Hague's position even in the US press but that doesn't mean they are for his actions...

Perhaps this is a difference in the terminology of our different languages or a question of the physical proximity to an upcoming war zone, but - and you can trust me in this terminology in German language - in Germany only two extremist groups still call a very specific president in the East of Europe still "a genius": Stalinist communists and neo-Nazis!

:BoredSmiley:

Friends - the world's certainly in a very troubled state, we've all no doubt got our thoughts and feelings about it.
But we don't come to CruxForums to argue about politics - at least not on the public threads.
We come here to get a little relief from all that.
And the topic for this Milestones thread is events that happened on this day in the past.
So please, if you really want to exchange opinions about the political issues of today,
start a PM and invite in anyone who wants to join -
or go to one of the many other places on the internet where you can have your debate.

Here's more of a CruxForums Milestone: 23rd February AD 303
Emperor Diocletian started persecuting Christians,
so lots of lovely virgins (like my name-saint) could get martyred in exciting ways! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom