Milestones

Go to CruxDreams.com
In what must surely be a fatal blow to Boris Johnson’s régime, Rishi Sunak (Chancellor of the Exchequer) and Sajid Javid (Health Secretary) have just announced their resignations. Get some popcorn in, this is going to be an “interesting” week in UK politics
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

In what must surely be a fatal blow to Boris Johnson’s régime, Rishi Sunak (Chancellor of the Exchequer) and Sajid Javid (Health Secretary) have just announced their resignations. Get some popcorn in, this is going to be an “interesting” week in UK politics
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
You beat me to it - I was just about to post this in here but I was busy doing more inportant stuff (reviewing milfs in the forgotten women thread :))

But yeah you're right - it's hard to see how Boris can weather this storm, but we've been saying that for a couple of years now and he's still there, so time will tell I guess...
I can't see him resigning though - if anything he'll be getting a late night visit from the 1922 committee who'll make him an offer he can't refuse, just like Maggie did back in the day (I'm pretty sure that the Tory party is just like the mafia, just without waking up next to a horse's head (although Flick Drummond's husband might disagree with that :D)

Meeeeeeeeow! :D

38 ministers have resigned today... the largest mass resignation of ministers in British political history. Johnson still says “What? Resign, Me? Why should I?” :facepalm:
Time for his next political Houdini act? Why can’t the Queen do something about him?

Time for his next political Houdini act? Why can’t the Queen do something about him?
"Off with his head!" is sadly out of fashion!:(

38 ministers have resigned today... the largest mass resignation of ministers in British political history. Johnson still says “What? Resign, Me? Why should I?” :facepalm:
I read a good press comment on the event : "The sinking ships are leaving the rat!":roto2cafe:

What? Put Prince Andrew in No 10???

:eek: :doh: :facepalm:
Well he's almost certainly less creepy than Boris :)

But yeah may not be the best choice. The problem right now is that there is almost nobody who could realistically replace him - When Boris first became PM, the first thing he started doing was to get rid of any possible threats to his leadership (and I use the word "leadership" quite wrongly of course), so now there's hardly anyone left - unless you want Jacob Rees-Mogg in No.10....

So Boris has announced that he will resign as tory party leader - but not until the autumn, hanging on to power by his fingernails "until a new leader can be selected" (which in Boris-speak probably means "until the press has moved on to the new shiny and everybody forgets I said I would resign"
Frankly none of the current shortlist of possible replacements seem to have much to recommend them...

first official pic from the James Webb space telescope. Only the spiky bits are stars (refraction from the shape of the mirror segments) all the rest are galaxies ... our own Milky Way would be another tiny splotch in there. The galaxy cluster in the middle is causing gravitational lensing of the images of the more distant galaxies in the background...

Attachments

• main_image_deep_field_smacs0723-5mb-comp.jpg
    main_image_deep_field_smacs0723-5mb-comp.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 23
first official pic from the James Webb space telescope. Only the spiky bits are stars (refraction from the shape of the mirror segments) all the rest are galaxies ... our own Milky Way would be another tiny splotch in there. The galaxy cluster in the middle is causing gravitational lensing of the images of the more distant galaxies in the background...
Somehow 'amazing' doesn't seem adequate.

Very impressive - with a telescope like that I could count the pubic hairs on a girl from thousands of miles away :p

Light that took 13 billion years to get here.

“Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.”

I just passed 9,000 posts, only another 1,000 and I will officially be a God-Emperor
:lily:
But if you want to start worshipping me now, that’s ok.
:worship2:
I want a temple with naked priestesses in chains and a Y-shaped stone altar…:babeando:

Deep space combined with deep time. Simply watching that picture gives you the shivers!

Perhaps, Gustave Doré was visionary, when he drw Dante and Beatrice watching Heaven! The dynamics feels similar;)
doré.jpg

Back
Top Bottom