Milestones

Go to CruxDreams.com
On this day in 1603, Scottish King James VI became King James I of England.

And, so IT began!
The only thing I was ever taught about James I was that he picked his nose and scratched his arse :)

24th March 1721 - J S Bach dedicated his Concertos to Christian Ludwig,
Margrave of Brandenburg-Schwed, who probably never bothered to listen to them.
His loss, not ours!

Enough of these trivial milestones. :dalek:

Sixteen years ago, on this day in 2005, after a sixteen-year hiatus - - -

Dr. Who returned to TV!

How many actors have played the questionable Time Lord?

Dr. Who returned to TV!

Counting Peter Cushing and Rownan Atkinson, 15?

Edit: Remembered John Hurt, 16.

There were also two depictions of the 1st doctor, other than William Hartnell, in the 20th anniversary and a christmas episode with Peter Capaldi, so 18.

There is also animated Doctor Who episodes, and video games, so overall, I don't know. I can always look it up, but obviously, there is no point in that if I didn't actually know the answer.

Last edited:

Dr. Who returned to TV!

Peter Cushing, William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tenant, Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi

so 13

Peter Cushing, William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tenant, Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi

so 13
Jodie Whittaker? Do we forget the only female Who, Darkprincess?

Jodie Whittaker? Do we forget the only female Who, Darkprincess?
No I didn't forget - She is a complete fucking embarrasment to the entire franchise so she is not part of the canon as far as I'm concerned

No I didn't forget - She is a complete fucking embarrasment to the entire franchise so she is not part of the canon as far as I'm concerned
What I love about you, princess, is your shy and retiring ways and your reticence to state a controversial opinion!

A bit unfair, I think she has potential but is in thrall to Chris Chibnall who it seems cannot write to save his life.
Yeah to be fair that's absolutely true, however, Jodie loses points for not giving the role her best. In an interview she was asked (by David Tenant) if she had watched any of the previous episodes to prepare for the role and even he was surprised when she told him that she had "partially watched one or two" but decided "that it wasn't her thing at all" :(

Sadly this disdainful attitude comes across in her lacklustre performance :(

Remember that she wasn't the first choice for the role - that was offered to Olivia Coleman, but she had other acting commitments so was unable to accept the role, so Chinballs offered it to his longtime friend Jodie Whittaker. Not really the best way to make casting decisions in my opinion, but there you go...

One of the reasons that David Tenant and Peter Capaldi were so awesome in the role is because they both had a lifelong love of the show and the character - thus they really put their heart into their performance - though Capaldi's tenure was devastated by Chinballs' garbage writing team - How can you write a good Sci-Fi / fantasy show when your entire writing team has zero experience of these genres and all have a background in writing soap operas and political dramas - both of which are a very bad fit for s show like Doctor Who

I loved Capaldi's slightly pompous rockstar version of the Doctor - that was very cool and entertaining. The mark of a first class actor is the ability to shine despite being hampered by a pathetic script written by a bunch of talentless hacks. He certainly did his best but by his third season, the writers had nothing for him to work with. A real shame as he could easily have continued the role for a couple more seasons

I still think Tom Baker was the best of all though :)

My top 3 Doctors are as follows;

3. Peter Capaldi
2. David Tenant
1. Tom Baker

Not exactly a radical or controversial selection I think :)

Interestingly, William Shatner, who just turned 90 a few days ago (how's that to make one feel old?), claims that he never watched a single episode of Star Trek.
But I'll wager he still has a much better understanding of the franchise than those morons who are writing Star Trek Discovery, the dreadful Picard show (which should have been great but was puerile crap), and the less said about the animated show "The Lowe Decks", the better :(

Back
Top Bottom