Minifigures

Go to CruxDreams.com
Some 90 mm figures. Image source: https://www.zinnfigur.com
These are really great. Pity about the censorship though, that kind of sucks, as censorship always does.
I actually made my own version of the third one a couple of years ago, seen here in its almost-but-not-quite-finished-painting stage;
20201214_174504.jpeg

It's almost complete and looks nice. Do you have any other own figures?
I have a few unfinished ones and more on the drawing board (or in this case in Daz3D but not exported for 3D printing yet). If I ever get any of them finished, then of course I will post pictures here :)

My basic process is to use Daz3D to create the figure and pose it, then export it in .obj format (which every 3D software - including most 3D print slicing software - on the planet can open). 90mm equates to roughly 1:18 scale which is great for resin printing as it's a good compromise between size and detail, and will generally fit the build plates of most consumer-level resin printers.

The slicing software doesn't really like complex hair though, so I usually either use very simple hair objects (from Poser 4 or other old software, as hair pieces in those are solid objects rather than complex multi-layered shells) or simply export the model without hair and sculpt it on later with Milliput or some other suitable epoxy putty.

I find clothes hard to do with my limited 3D skills though, so I tend to prefer naked models :)

My basic process is to use Daz3D to create the figure and pose it, then export it in .obj format (which every 3D software - including most 3D print slicing software - on the planet can open). 90mm equates to roughly 1:18 scale which is great for resin printing as it's a good compromise between size and detail, and will generally fit the build plates of most consumer-level resin printers.

The slicing software doesn't really like complex hair though, so I usually either use very simple hair objects (from Poser 4 or other old software, as hair pieces in those are solid objects rather than complex multi-layered shells) or simply export the model without hair and sculpt it on later with Milliput or some other suitable epoxy putty.

I find clothes hard to do with my limited 3D skills though, so I tend to prefer naked models :)
I'm curious, you should make an exhibition here, even if they are unfinished.

I've always really loved this range of figures, despite the less refined sculpting. They were part of a fantasy range made by Citadel Miniatures (Games Workshop) back in the early 80s (Before Games Workshop turned into a bunch of rabid, woketard SJW puritans with a penchant for extortion and anti-consumer practices). Needless to say these have been out of production for almost 40 years now, and often command high prices on those rare occasions that they do turn up on ebay.

Last edited:
I'm curious, you should make an exhibition here, even if they are unfinished.
I'll definitely consider doing that. I'm in the process of setting up a Mega account so I'll have somewhere to upload stuff that people can grab if they so wish, and it goes without saying that anything I make will be made available totally free of charge :)

Those cross figures reminds me penitent machine from Warhammer 40:000.
Imagine been cruciffced into combat walker to repent your sins as punishment.
I heard in wh40k is special unit inquisitors who kill those soldiers who not listen emperor orders or not wanna fight deserters but mostly I have figures to warhammer fantasy battle now age of sigmar called and lord of the rings and hobbit now middle earth called but single terminator to wh40k in mine collection will be can find too

I heard in wh40k is special unit inquisitors who kill those soldiers who not listen emperor orders or not wanna fight deserters but mostly I have figures to warhammer fantasy battle now age of sigmar called and lord of the rings and hobbit now middle earth called but single terminator to wh40k in mine collection will be can find too
They are pretty cool

Back
Top Bottom