Missing Members - any news?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Anyone heard from Foggy Bottom lately? He was very active up until June 7, I think. Nothing since.
Foggy, if you read this, I hope you're well!
I've contacted him,privately. Now to wait...
Another worrying absentee,is,James Queen,he's not posted ANYTHING,since early March....( I have a bad feeling about this, hope I'm wrong...)

I've copied the above two posts into this new thread, acting (at last) on a suggestion from gjpain when Rias went awol - temporarily, as it happily turned out. In response to that suggestion, I did say we need to be a little careful, sometimes members who've gone to ground, for whatever reason,
might not want to be 'enquired about' in this way, and information given in Private Messages (before or after a 'disappearance') should be treated as confidential unless the member has given permission to make it public. But in most cases, I think having this thread should be good way of raising shared concerns, we are a caring community! :)

Helios (formerly known as Heliogabalus) was active as a keen photo manipulator, contributing primarily to the threads, 'Great Pics Found By Phlebas And Other' and 'Alice Kiss - Crux Legend', until his disappearance in November 2018. Few members achieve a post to 'likes' ratio of 1 : 13 with only 129 comments, but this stands as a measure of his popularity on Cruxforums. I hope that all is well and he may come back to us. Meanwhile, we wait. :(

I've copied the above two posts into this new thread, acting (at last) on a suggestion from gjpain when Rias went awol - temporarily, as it happily turned out. In response to that suggestion, I did say we need to be a little careful, sometimes members who've gone to ground, for whatever reason,
might not want to be 'enquired about' in this way, and information given in Private Messages (before or after a 'disappearance') should be treated as confidential unless the member has given permission to make it public. But in most cases, I think having this thread should be good way of raising shared concerns, we are a caring community! :)

True! We have seen numbers of members dropping in, often enthusiastically, and then fade away after a few months, or a year or so. Their names appear when browsing back in time trough thread pages, and suddenly you realise : 'log time no see'! I am here already 5 years in this interesting place, but that is extremely long to my standards. People may have other interests, or ultimately don't find here what they looked for, and silently stay out, while no one notices. Such things happen.

True! We have seen numbers of members dropping in, often enthusiastically, and then fade away after a few months, or a year or so. Their names appear when browsing back in time trough thread pages, and suddenly you realise : 'log time no see'! I am here already 5 years in this interesting place, but that is extremely long to my standards. People may have other interests, or ultimately don't find here what they looked for, and silently stay out, while no one notices. Such things happen.
Exactly. Hell, if you take a look at my posting record, I joined in 2013, made one post in 2014... And exploded in the last couple of weeks.

Yes, it's the sudden, unexplained disappearances that are worrying, when someone suddenly ceases posting in public or private. Of course the coronavirus storm has disrupted everyone's lives, people may have suddenly had to stop visiting here for reasons other than falling sick themselves, but we must only keep hoping. I can only confirm for now that none of those posted here as 'missing' have visited even silently since the last dates they were active.

Yes, it's the sudden, unexplained disappearances that are worrying, when someone suddenly ceases posting in public or private. Of course the coronavirus storm has disrupted everyone's lives, people may have suddenly had to stop visiting here for reasons other than falling sick themselves, but we must only keep hoping. I can only confirm for now that none of those posted here as 'missing' have visited even silently since the last dates they were active.
Looking for a solution here, I am reminded of our sixth-grade gym teacher who hated going through all the time of taking the role. Eventually, he settled on a wonderfully expedient and time-saving approach:

"All who aren't here, Raise your hands!"

Welcome back @Hondoboot2

And another return, with another great story, welcome back @jedakk

It's Foggybottom's birthday today. Anyone heard of him?

Another missing member is Connoisseurs, no more seen since 18th december last year.
RE: Conn; I had a few Pms with him before he disappeared. Without divulging any confidences, he did express that RL was placing demands on him that made his presence here less regular. But no explanation of leaving completely.

Last edited:
Hello everyone sorry I have been absent for the past couple of weeks but I had a problem with my computer and had to get it fixed. I just picked up my computer from the shop today and everything is working well now.
:welcome8:

Back
Top Bottom