My Favourite Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
Jolly and I have been discussing the delights of Steely Dan's 'Gaucho' album, released in 1980. One of my favourites, from that one is, 'Glamour Profession'. :)

glamour_profession_lily_exp1_by_bobnearied_depnica-fullview.jpg

(Image hosted on external site)​

Glamour Profession Lily exp1.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s an Aussie band I’ve loved since I was a teenager, a little sultry, a little dirty, sexy hot, and an Australian icon lead singer

Who else but the Divinyls?

They have better songs, imho, yet you hear Chrissie Amphlett’s voice superbly and the title seems appropriate in here.

I can't say that black metal is my favourite genre, but the youngest of my three stepdaughters is a huge Cradle of Filth fan, but they've not been firing on all cylinders for several years now which is unsurprising given the number of line-up changes that have happened over their now rather long career, though this new single from their latest album "Existence Is Futile" which will be released on 22nd October 2021, is very much a return to their original form and style, and I have to admit that the stylish video for this one looks great and has all the dark gothic style that Cradle are known for. Arguably their best release since the "Midian" album way back in 2000 (though 2004's "Nymphetamine" was pretty good too)

Just started watching “Vigil”, a BBC thriller set on board a nuclear submarine. (No spoilers please and thank you). It is blessed with this rather haunting song as its opening theme music, which makes my hair stand up on end..

I was a kid when that show came out, I thought that it was just about plane, was I mad!
Both came out before I was born but my father loved them- it was rare of him to like anything on television. About 5 years ago he got hold of dvd sets of both series and I enjoyed watching them with him… and they’re quite good, albeit not exactly stellar cinematography, the plots were involved and very interesting.

I treasure the experience, he passed away nearly two years ago, and was my best friend.

Both came out before I was born but my father loved them- it was rare of him to like anything on television. About 5 years ago he got hold of dvd sets of both series and I enjoyed watching them with him… and they’re quite good, albeit not exactly stellar cinematography, the plots were involved and very interesting.

I treasure the experience, he passed away nearly two years ago, and was my best friend.
My dad liked these too, gone these thirty years .....

Back
Top Bottom