My Livia

Go to CruxDreams.com
Memories

The old centurion sat and watched his fields. He sipped his posca slowly in the shade of an old beech tree as he looked out at the property he had built. In the distance he could see the outlines of two burly slaves, and he watched as they tilled the soil in the heat of the late afternoon. Further away, he could barely make out the aqueduct that ran into the city of Ariminum, and beyond that the great expanse of the Adriatic Sea.
View attachment 851350
Excuse the nit-picker here. It appears that he is wearing a toga praetexta, with red stripes. This would only be worn by a Senator or Magistrate. A plebeian would wear a toga pura, made of natural, undyed, whitish wool. Also, the toga was mostly worn only a formal wear in public. At home, most would wear a simple tunic (though a toga might be worn over for warmth).

Lucia

The villa was covered in shadow when Titus reached the veranda. Inside, slaves had begun to light torches and the villa was soon filled with the hazy luminescence of the torchlight. A Nubian boy silently approached Titus as he entered the villa. The boy held up a pitcher to refill Titus’s cup.

“Not now Nonus.”, Titus said coolly as he gave the cup to the boy and continued deeper into the villa.

Titus entered the grand foyer to see Alec reading scrolls at a desk set against one of walls. The old slave didn’t look up from his work as Titus watched him silently from the other end of the room. The foyer was quiet except for the occasional crackle of the torches, then the sound of bare feet slapping against the marble floors became audible.
Livia05.jpg

I've changed my mind... Could you give me a week or so that I can give it a shot at creating the cover art? As I wrote earlier, I don't use Daz and don't have any Roman assets at all, so I'll have to create everything by hand. But I really like the story so I'm much tempted to try my hand at making a simple scene as the cover illustration.

Marcus

Titus pretended to think it over before he turned to Livia, “Is the cart stocked and the horses set?”, he asked firmly, but let a little smile in at the end. He hoped Marcus didn’t notice.
Madiosi-2020-038-livia06.jpg
“Yes”, she said with a nod and smile. Whatever ill ease Servina could cast on Titus could be as easily taken away by Livia. The mere sight of her soft hazel eyes and her long brown hair tied in a simple top knot brought Titus comfort. She looked at ease in her loose white tunic as she continued, “we are more than prepared to start the journey.”

I've changed my mind... Could you give me a week or so that I can give it a shot at creating the cover art? As I wrote earlier, I don't use Daz and don't have any Roman assets at all, so I'll have to create everything by hand. But I really like the story so I'm much tempted to try my hand at making a simple scene as the cover illustration.
Crumera working arleady on it.

@Madiosi, Fantastic manips! I had thought that you were occupied with other projects, but I'm more than happy that you've found some time to produce these!
Yes, that's right, but one of the "other projects" was translation of this story in German. Maybe will coming a few manips more tonight.

Excuse the nit-picker here. It appears that he is wearing a toga praetexta, with red stripes. This would only be worn by a Senator or Magistrate. A plebeian would wear a toga pura, made of natural, undyed, whitish wool. Also, the toga was mostly worn only a formal wear in public. At home, most would wear a simple tunic (though a toga might be worn over for warmth).
Reworked images. OK?
Madiosi-2020-036-livia03a.jpgMadiosi-2020-035-livia02a.jpgMadiosi-2020-034-livia01a.jpg

Licinia

Titus followed Marcus and Livia into the triclinium. Three couches bracketed a low marble table that was tiled with the evening meal; a delectable spread of vegetables, meat, cheese and bread. Titus’s oldest daughter, Licinia, reclined next to her husband on the couch opposite the entrance. Titus reached across the table to kiss her extended hand.
Madiosi-2020-039-livia07.jpg

Intimacy

It was well into the evening when Titus finally rejoined his wife. He found her in the newly constructed bath chamber. The small bath was cut in the center of the room, and only big enough for two. The water reflected the torches that burned at the corners of the room, and the room smelled strongly of lavender oil. His wife sat nude in the bath as Servina, nude to the waist, used a sponge to clean her. Agrippina had taken the wig off to reveal her natural short and graying hair. Her body was still slender and firm for a woman in her fifties, but light stretch marks along her waistline revealed her true age. Agrippina’s large breasts had begun to sag slightly, and jiggled slightly as she inhaled deeply while Servina rubbed the sponge across her shoulders, back and chest. She sat upright in the bath with her eyes closed; she looked serene as she allowed Servina to gently manipulate her body to clean it with the sponge. She didn’t see Titus walk in, and he sat on the edge facing her to place his feet into the knee deep, lukewarm water. As he looked down into the water, he could barely make out the design of topless mermaids that was tiled along the bottom of the bath.
Madiosi-2020-040-livia08.jpg

Repast

He soon saw his wife yelling at a man dressed in a cuirass and red plumed helmet; a small group of men were clumped nearby. Titus saw his wife periodically gesture to the group of men, but couldn’t see what her focus was. As he approached, his wife pointed to him, and the cuirassed figure turned to reveal the face of Ariminum’s town watch commander, Aulus Arlius Ahenobarbus. Aulus, a thin man in his early thirties, had been friends with Titus for years, and was a familiar face at meals in the villa.
Madiosi-2020-041-livia09.jpg
“Aulus, what is going on?”, Titus asked with an inflection of panic in his voice.

Shatter

What?”, Titus said in disbelief as he pushed past Aulus into the small gathering assembled on the veranda. Lucia sprinted inside and Servina followed closely behind. A few house slaves stood idly at the edge of the veranda unsure where to go. Titus tried to brace his sobbing wife as she appeared to stagger on the veranda. He embraced her tightly, and looked around for some reassurance. Where was Alec? Then his gaze fell on the semicircle of Aulus’s town guards standing just off the veranda, sitting in the center of the semicircle was Livia.
Madiosi-2020-042-livia10.jpg

Reworked images. OK?
Madiosi-2020-036-livia03a.jpg
The Boscoreale bedroom, an authentic Roman interior, redecorated with a red ceiling - well done, Madi! :)

Madi seems to have taken the bit between his teeth and is illustrating the whole story :)
Despite time limitations I wanted to do something, so here is my contribution. It's not quite as described in the story, that would have taken longer, but it picks up some features which were inspirational in the making of this picture. Somewhere, sometime, by the road just outside Ariminum.

Titus had never seen Livia naked and briefly looked away but forced himself to watch . . . .

Titus was mesmerized by the outline of her firm breasts rise and fall as she breathed deeply; her large nipples stood erect in the morning chill. Titus couldn’t help notice the short brown pubic hair that crowned her vagina . . . . . . .

Her large breasts jiggled slightly and her flat stomach pulsed with short breaths . . . .

“Your daughter?” the gruff voice of the guard caught Titus off guard. The grizzled guard looked up at Titus.
“Yes”, Titus replied meekly. The guard nodded indifferently.

ph362.jpg

To contrast yesterday's shorter entries, today we have a rather long entry.

Condemnation

Titus regained consciousness to see the blurry outline of Aulus standing over him; the glint of the sun on his cuirass made him look fiery and fearsome to the dazed old man. Titus gradually regained his senses as Aulus helped him into a sitting position. Titus looked around him to see more slaves gathering at the veranda to witness the spectacle. A few feet away, Appius and Licinia held Agrippina between them as his wife wept openly; Licinia’s stone faced expression belied her own sadness as she cradled her mothers’ head against her own. Titus began to push himself up to join them, but a glance to the disheveled figure kneeling in front of him stopped him cold.

“Why would you do this?” he asked out of breath.

“Titus, I’m sorry, I…”, she was interrupted abruptly as one of the guardsman kicked her in the back and pushed her onto her face. “Show your master respect, slave!”, he growled. Livia winced with pain and slowly pushed herself back to kneeling. Her eyes swelled with tears, and the cut on her lip had reopened.

“Dominus, I’m sorry. Marcus tried to force himself on me and I fought back... It was an accident... He fell... and I tried to save him.”, she stammered as she sniffled and stared into his eyes. Titus tried to process what had just been said. Could his own son really do that? How could he believe her, yet how could he not? ” Please have mercy on me.”, she faltered after a brief pause.

“You lying whore!”, Agrippina shrieked. Titus turned as his wife wrestle herself away from her daughters’ embrace and charge the helpless slave. Agrippina seemed to pounce on Livia and the impact sent both women tumbling in the dirt in front of the veranda. Livia tried to move her bound hands to cover her face from the clumsy blows but was utterly helpless as Agrippina unleashed upon her. Neither Aulus or his guards intervened as the women rolled and grunted in the dirt; some seemed amused as the beating continued unabated. Stunned, Titus pushed himself up and stumbled as he tried to catch Agrippina in his arms and pull her away. The frenzied movements had undone the right clasp of Agrippina’s tunic, and her breast hung exposed as Titus pulled her away. He frantically tried to reclasp the tunic, but was forced to hide his wife’s nakedness with his own short tunic as he brought her back into the arms of Licinia. Agrippina stared vacantly ahead as she returned to Licinia’s arms; Licinia gently reset her mother’s red wig and wiped the dirt and sweat off her face. Livia laid on her back, wheezing loudly as the air came back into her lungs.

Titus began to walk towards Livia but Aulus intercepted his path; Aulus leaned close to Titus and whispered, “We brought Marcus back too”. Aulus motioned to his guardsman, and two abruptly ran to the side of the villa. They returned a short time later with the body wrapped in a white cloth. They set Marcus gently on the veranda. Titus sat down next to his son and ran his hands along the folds and creases of the cloth covered face. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he pulled back the sheet to reveal the pale white face of his son. The lips were purple and slightly open; someone had tried to close his eyelids but they remained half open. Titus tried to close them but they doggedly remained ajar. Dried blood was matted on the back of his son’s head and indicated where a rock had split the skull. A shadow acrost the corpse, and Titus looked up to see Aulus towering over him. “We can crucify her in the morning if you wish.”, he said coldly, “there are two others were going to be executed so the carnifex is in town.”, he added casually.

Livia overheard and wailed frantically, “No dominus please don’t crucify me! Anything but that! Please have mercy on me! I loved Marcus too!”. She tried to stand up but one of the guardsman pushed her back down. “Please don’t crucify me”, Livia pleaded desperately as her voice trailed off. Titus looked back into the cold eyes of his son; his mind raced but he found no words.

Suddenly, he heard Servilla’s thick accent rise wickedly above the commotion, “The murderous slave should be crucified. Nail her to the wood and let her rot!”. She slid amidst the slaves to position herself at the front of the slaves gathered around the scene. An old cook behind her joined in, “Yeah crucify her.”. More and more slave voices rose to condemn Livia; Servina smiled slightly as the slaves championed her cruelty. Titus remained silent and watched as Licinia and Appius continued to cradle his wife between them. He looked at the expressionless face of his son again before he looked up at Aulus and said, “So be it”. Titus dismissed Aulus with a wave of his hand, and two guardsman reached under each of Livia’s arms and began to drag down the path out of the property. Agrippina joined Titus by the corpse of their son. She gently ran her manicured fingers through the blood stained curls. Titus placed a hand on her back and closed his eyes as he tried to drown out Livia’s pleas as she was dragged away.
Livia overheard and wailed frantically, “No dominus please don’t crucify me! Anything but that! Please have mercy on me! I loved Marcus too!”. She tried to stand up but one of the guardsman pushed her back down. “Please don’t crucify me”, Livia pleaded desperately as her voice trailed off. Titus looked back into the cold eyes of his son; his mind raced but he found no words.
Madiosi-2020-044-livia11.jpg
Suddenly, he heard Servilla’s thick accent rise wickedly above the commotion, “The murderous slave should be crucified. Nail her to the wood and let her rot!”. She slid amidst the slaves to position herself at the front of the slaves gathered around the scene. An old cook behind her joined in, “Yeah crucify her.”. More and more slave voices rose to condemn Livia; Servina smiled slightly as the slaves championed her cruelty. Titus remained silent and watched as Licinia and Appius continued to cradle his wife between them. He looked at the expressionless face of his son again before he looked up at Aulus and said, “So be it”. Titus dismissed Aulus with a wave of his hand, and two guardsman reached under each of Livia’s arms and began to drag down the path out of the property. Agrippina joined Titus by the corpse of their son. She gently ran her manicured fingers through the blood stained curls. Titus placed a hand on her back and closed his eyes as he tried to drown out Livia’s pleas as she was dragged away.

Serpent
Servina stepped around his right side to come in front of him again. She looked into his eyes as she undid her breast cloth with one hand while the other hand undid the knot that held her loin cloth in place. She stood naked before him, her pale sculpted figure seemed to glow even in the dim torch light. “A good slave will do anything to please her master”, she cooed as she assumed a submissive position on her knees, “especially if she is the head slave of the villa.”. She looked up at him lustfully, and pushed her small breasts forward to try and make them look larger.
Madiosi-2020-045-livia12.jpg
“What are you talking about?”, Titus said reproachfully.

Back
Top Bottom