My Reactions After My Cross Was Raised...

Go to CruxDreams.com
'planished' is a lovely word, but I don't think we've got it in English :D
it suggests 'polished', 'burnished', smooth, clean and shiny?

Thanks to metalwork classes (a long time ago) the word does indeed exist.
I came across it when we made a copper dish ... a little Roman looking, To flatten and polish the surface you would use a hammer with a polished face and a polished domed anvil.
Then the boring bit .... Tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap .... each tiny flattened area adjoining the next and probably less than 1/8" in size.
Round and round for what seemed like forever .... But I did get a pass for the piece !

I came across it when we made a copper dish ... a little Roman looking, To flatten and polish the surface you would use a hammer with a polished face and a polished domed anvil.
Then the boring bit .... Tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap,tap .... each tiny flattened area adjoining the next and probably less than 1/8" in size.
Round and round for what seemed like forever .... But I did get a pass for the piece !

I did the same.

That was after shaping it over a wooden former, more tap tap...............................tap, "and don't you dare get a fold in it!!"

Thankyou for that enlightenment, and apologies for not seeing this post earlier, I got behind and am still catching up.

Indeed, looking at the OED, I see:
planish 1a to make level or smooth 1580 (Hollyband) faire des esplanades: to planish and make euen the way...
b to flatten (sheet metal or metal-ware)... 1680 (R. Holme, Armoury) Planish the plate is to beat it on a smooth anville with a broad smooth-faced hammer...

I never come away from the Forums without having learnt something new! :)

Thankyou for that enlightenment, and apologies for not seeing this post earlier, I got behind and am still catching up.

planish 1a to make level or smooth 1580 (Hollyband) faire des esplanades: to planish and make euen the way...
b to flatten (sheet metal or metal-ware)... 1680 (R. Holme, Armoury) Planish the plate is to beat it on a smooth anville with a broad smooth-faced hammer...

We comes up with gems of wisdom once in a while:p

More than a pleasure .... Life is a learning experience ..... Trouble is when you have learned enough to get by, it's over.

We learn form each other Eul .... In fact I hang on your every word ....

I was just looking at my own avatar and wondering to myself what I might be doing, feeling, saying, etc once my cross was raised after I had been nailed to it. So I just decided to jot them down kind of randomly in a post.

Initially there would be screams of agony and the instant realization that I would be dying on this cross. I would want so badly to be free of my pain and anguish that my struggling would begin immediately. Squirming, writhing, hoping to somehow free myself from my cross even though the nails make it impossible.

I would be engaged in the ultimate struggle, the struggle for my life.

The cycle would be vicious. The struggle causing more agony but I would have the inner need to struggle anyway. And the more suffering that would occur, the more it would cause me to struggle.

Then, between my sobbing and my moans of agony, would come the pleas for help. I would force myself to look around and pick out people to make eye contact with. Then beg them for help. Hoping I could make them see and understand the suffering I am going through. I want them to look in my eyes to see the pain, anguish and desperation that I am in. I could imagine how I would beg and plead. "Please somebody help me, please I beg you, please please help me".

I would bow my head at times in desperation. Other times I would throw it back in desperation. I would shake my head from side to side letting everyone know this shouldn't be happening to me. But it is. And there is nothing I can do. The helplessness would begin to overwhelm me.

I think at times I would look over at my wrists and see them nailed. See the blood running and dripping from them. But then quickly look away, almost unable to believe that I am really nailed to this cross. That I am being crucified.

Being catholic, that would finally kick in. And people would hear me begin to pray. Not standard prayers at first, but prayers I am making up. Prayers of desperation, begging for help, mercy and comfort. "dear god please comfort me, please, I beg you. Please dear lord have mercy on me, please help me through this agony, please god please". Things like that. Praying through moans and sobs of pain.

I would need to feel loved so badly, that if I saw a friend or relative there I would look down at them and beg them, "please, please tell me you love me, oh god please tell me that please...".

Eventually I would be heard praying standard prayers, still hoping those prayers will bring mercy and comfort. I could imagine trying to struggle more when I was getting weaker, knowing the end was near, struggling again for my life.

I'm not sure what the last thing I would say would be but I imagine it might be something like this. While looking down at anyone there that was a friend or relative that cared about me, I would probably say something like "please remember me and what I went through, I love you and please pray for me...."
This is a riveting account. The need for compassion comes through loud and clear.

Why would your realization take so long? Do you think it would be of comfort, or like your prayers are futile?
I think because of the initial shock of being nailed to my cross and now raised on it. The intense pain and suffering as well as the emotional suffering which comes from know that I will suffer a long time and will die on that cross, and knowing I cannot stop it. My thoughts would be engulfed by that at first for awhile before I would then turn to my faith for comfort....

I think because of the initial shock of being nailed to my cross and now raised on it. The intense pain and suffering as well as the emotional suffering which comes from know that I will suffer a long time and will die on that cross, and knowing I cannot stop it. My thoughts would be engulfed by that at first for awhile before I would then turn to my faith for comfort....
Does it work to comfort you, or does it lead to despair?

Interesting response. I cannot even imagine the gulf of emotions that crossed the minds of the crucified on their death-journey.
Agreed. I think there would be a feverish dissociation for most of the torture. I wrote about this in my own crucifixion story... ah yes, I had titled it Delirium
As a formerly devout religious person who no longer believes in god but STILL gets turned on by this fetish, I'm just so curious as to how someone could find themselves on this site and still...want to pray on their cross. That would be the farthest thing from my mind personally.

On that note, could you all imagine crucifying political enemies next to each other and listening to them deal with the pain in such different ways that they annoy each other?
The trouble is, it would be like Prime Minister's Questions, they'd both annoy me even more than they annoy each other! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom