My Sister

Go to CruxDreams.com
I like this story, Juan, curious to see how it unfolds.

Then, without making eye contact, she lay back down and spread her arms again, offering herself up to be nailed.

I love the image of her stretching out, spreading her arms, anticipating what is to come

mass crop.jpg44259162772.jpg

Then, without making eye contact, she lay back down and spread her arms again, offering herself up to be nailed.

Such anticipation!

I don’t know how long I stood there hesitating; unwilling eyes fixed in dread upon my sister’s teary eyes.
It felt like years…
I knew the wait was torture for her, but there had to be some other way…
If only for the sake of having something to do, I grabbed the first tangled length of rope again and began to secure Heidi’s arms to the heavy notched crossbeam.
We were quickly running out of time.
Heidi gently placed her milky white arm in my hand, and it was only as I wound the rope around that I realized how much she would stand out amongst the common slaves further up the road. Heidi’s skin was soft, delicate…tenderly I wound the coil around her wrist, leaving no slack in the rope. I wanted most of her subtle weight to be supported by the rope, rather than the nails…
I tightened the rope with a jerk, and stood up, missing the satchel as I reached for another length of rope.
I could see Heidi test the rope against her wrist. It was secure. I could see her start to breathe faster, and I was grateful that she was beginning to understand. I walked across to her left hand, hoping to hear her tell me to stop. I prayed silently to myself, and any listening gods that this was as far as it went; that she’d change her mind -that somehow, damning the consequences, she’d relent. That she could discover an alternative…but her well was stronger than mine. With a deep breath she spread her left arm out wider, forced to spread her legs to keep her balance. The first tear fell from her eye to greet me as I took her other hand into my own.
She could tell I was staring…that I would beg her with my eyes to stop. She purposefully stared ahead into the clouds…And almost in anger I bound her wrist to the wood.
The crossbeam was pocked and bored with holes, most of them further apart from her hand. I would’ve be hammering straight through solid wood…And with a shock I realized that I was really doing this…I finished my knot with another jerk, and stood up to face my sister.
Her legs were bent for balance, and I stood right in front of her, too close for her to avoid my eyes.
“Heidi.” I ground out. “Come on. We can’t do this. This is insane.” And a little softer…”we still have time…”
But now Heidi was angry. “Just fucking do it!” “Don’t YOU stop me…I don’t thinking can…I need you to do this, no matter what. No matter ever I say. You have to do it. Promise me you won’t stop.” She looked me full in the eyes with a vehemence I’ve never seen in her before. “Promise me you won’t stop.”
I could not hold her gaze “I…promise…”
“SWEAR IT!”
“I swear…”
Trembling, my sister lay her head back against the crossbeam, as I approached with the first nail in one hand, the hammer in the other…

I hefted the nail in my hand, fingering it as I hunched down over Heidi’s right hand. The steel was cold. The head was wide enough that I wouldn’t have to worry about smashing her little fingers with the hammer, but not so wide as to cover most of her palm. The point was blessedly sharp, and I hoped it would go through easily enough. I would not crucify her the standard Imperial way. My sister did not deserve that. I placed the point of the nail over her palm rather than between her arm bones at the wrist.
Gently, I tested the point around her palm, pushing aside the different bones, and finding a point between them that the nail might go through.
Heidi whimpered as the point grazed her skin. I glanced over at her mess of brunette curls, at her biting her pink bottom lip, a fresh tear falling from her eye. She was working herself into a frenzy. Sweat was beading on her chest above her breasts, which bobbed ever so gently as she took rapid deep breaths. Her toned legs were bracing against the rocky ground.
She was bracing herself for it. I realized she had fully made up her mind. More than that, she trusted me to do this for her. I realized now that if I said the word, she’d relent. I brought the hammer to the nailhead, hovering over it, gently pressing against the nail. I continued to hesitate…but I knew we could not turn back now. I had already waited too long. He could be here at any moment, and ruin everything.
I took one last look at my sister as she braced herself, ever brave…and looking at her strength, I resolved to be strong for her. I lifted up the hammer with the intent to strike.
Just before I swung…she called out! “I love you”
I felt my heart break anew.
In anger I brought down the hammer, intending to strike hard and through, but too slow! With a startled choking gasp she shrieked in pain! The nail had stopped just at the crossbeam, but her hand was trembling in agony. I could feel the eyes of every passerby on us as Heidi screamed and squealed pitifully, her legs thrashing about. Her screams became more strained from her throat as she pulled against her wounded arm.
But she could not escape the nail. Hoping to ease her suffering, I adjusted the nail in my hand, angling it firmly perpendicular to the crossbeam, and swung again.
To my horror, the nail only just barely penetrate the wood. In terror I swung again and again against the cursed fucking nail, deaf to anything else but Heidi’s screams.
Such a gentle creature she was…but my gods…I never imagined she could ever scream so loud.
I must have swung the hammer thirty times before the nailhead was deep enough, nearly its entire Length buried in the thick wooden beam, but there was still at least an inch of the spike sticking out of her hand.
I stood up, sweating, shaking with adrenaline. Every single merchant and slave on the road was looking at us as they walked by. If they were confused as to why I was here alone, they didn’t mention it.
Gasping for breath, Heidi mumbled and blubbered unintelligibly until I squatted down over her left hand.
“Ohmygodpleasedontnonononodontpleasefucknogodohshit”
Tears flowed freely from her listening face. Her bottom lip was bleeding. Her green eyes were strangely more beautiful than ever before, glossy in agony. Her legs raked the ground seeking escape.
I had a sickening realization that I had crossed over, and that there was now no hope of return for Heidi. Even if I stopped now she would be crippled. The thought both despaired and motivated me. I quickly set the second nail on her left hand, keenly aware of how little time we had left. My heart was racing. I knew we had only moments left. Heidi was begging me frantically again, but I blocked it out. More confident this second time, I eagerly swung my hammer into her naked flesh, but she thrashed like a fish and pissed herself. I had missed! I drove the nail where the meaty part of her thumb joined her wrist, driving bones apart, shattering them!
I cried out in shock at what I’d done, but I couldn’t think to try again. The nail was firmly lodged in the wood! I stood over her for a better angle, swinging again and again and again, my ears deaf from my sisters screams. The angle was wrong! The nail was pointed towards Heidi, rather than straight into the crossbeam.
I could think of nothing else to do but to bury the nail as deeply as I could…cursing my inexperience.

With a horrified shudder I stood up, faced with what I had done.
Never in my life had I heard my sister swear. If anything, that wounded me more than anything else. She was firmly affixed to the crossbeam. The hard part was over. Now I just had to raise her atop the…
“Oh my Gods no!…” I said aloud.
How was I going to get her up there?!
The crossbeam was very heavy. I had no ladder. I had to stand on my toes to lift the crossbeam off the patibulum and take it down.
Did I have the strength to lift it back? With my sister attached?
I stood over Heidi fidgeting as she collected herself. She had not yet realized the problem. We hang tight this far ahead! I knew the moment I moved her, she would be in even greater agony…

I circled around her a few times as I tried to figure out how to even get her off the ground. Lifting her from behind at the shoulders? The angle was wrong; the beam too heavy.
I stood in front of her, awkwardly pulling her shoulders and head towards me to try and get beat to at least sit up.
Grunting, she complied, and I was able to pull her into a somewhat seated position.
“Heidi…I…I need you to stand”
I pulled up under the crossbeam as she pushed up with her legs, awkwardly rushing to a standing position. Her naked body was pushed against me, and my face brushed against her full breasts as she stumbled. She stood in patient agony, leaning against me, slowly mastering her pain as I planned my next move.
Holding the crossbeam securely, I guided her backwards, whimpering until her back was against the post. I kissed her forehead deeply.
She opened up her eyes and grimaced.
“Please…” was all she could get out.
I took a deep breath and pushed with all my strength, lifting the crossbeam as much as I could. She screamed a anew as I struggled with the weight.
Heidi was fairly light, being five years younger than I, but although she was lithe, she was not frail. She was full figured, which was unusual for her age. The weight was too much for me at this angle with the crossbeam.
“ hold onto me with your legs” I grunted.
“Wrap your legs around me!”
She struggled to comply. I hated that I was causing her even more pain. She wrapped her legs around me so hard it hurt. I lifted with all my strength, yelling out in frustration. Her breasts were right against my face, her legs squeezing tighter than I expected for a girl, but I was not strong enough.
Defeated and desperate, I gently released her, and she sank back against the post panting.
Leaving one hand to steady her lest she fall, I turned to the road, looking for aid.
There were no soldiers, and the city guards were too far back up the road at the gate. I was grateful for the lack of soldiers who might demand to see Heidi’s charges, but I needed help. I spotted a few slaves behind what looked like a foreign merchant. He would Be unlikely to question a centurion, and might not recognize that I was only an auxiliary. Pointing to the tallest and strongest of his slaves, a shirtless Ethiopian, I yelled out. “You! Slave! Ethiopian! Help me with her!”
He turned an obedient eye to his master, who gave a single nod. The Ethiopian swaggered over, gloating at my sister.

I did not know if the slave understood me. I shoved him to get his attention as he leered at my naked sister, pointing at her, and up at the post. He seemed to understand. Moving to one side of Heidi and I to the other, we each took a firm hold of the crossbeam at either end, and began to lift…
Heidi gasped and stained, her legs pushing at and against the post looking for support. We lifted her higher, until the post was as high on my side as I could lift my arms above my head. The Ethiopian had his end higher, and shook his end a bit too roughly, until the hole in the crossbeam slid through onto the top of the post, and settled firmly with a thud that jolted Heide and forced out one last grunting scream. She was pathetically weak now. I had caused her much more pain than she needed…finished, the Ethiopian came back around front, smiling widely, speaking to me in a language I could not understand. He reached out giant lanky hands and cupped Heidi’s breasts, licking his lips, shaking them, and looking at me with a beaming smile. My blood boiled but i had to play my part.
“I need you to hold her feet so I can nail them!”
I picked up a nail and the hammer, pointing at her dangling feet. He seemed to understand.
I had to guide his hands on her tiny feet to where I wanted them to be.
I had her feet stretched out as far as possible, bent at a 45 degree angle with her feet flat against the post. I had no idea where to drive the nail. I pushed him aside as I began with her right foot, pressing the nail near the heel atop her foot. His grip on her was strong. The guards at the gate were yelling at the slavemaster to get inside. The sun was low on the horizon, and we were nearly out of time. I swung the hammer again. His grip on her left foot loosened, as she thrashed against his hold on her right. I had gotten the nail halfway into her foot, when she kicked the Ethiopian in the face in her agony!
He raged in anger, drew back his fist, and to my horror, started to strike my crucified sister repeatedly!
I screamed and pushed him away, but he glared at me in hate, and sauntered away toward his beckoning master. Catching my breath, I turned back to my sister as the last merchants entered the city. I had to hurry.
Heidi’s left leg was pushing up and down the post, but her right foot was firmly in place, with half the mail sticking out.
I could hear cavalry in the distance…in panic I ran back to Heidi, and fought to grab her other foot.
Pushing it firmly against the post, holding it awkwardly with my shoulder and chin, I tried to hurriedly drive my last nail into her foot.
Heidi shrieked At the nail, flinging the nail away and out of her foot.
“YOU! STOP AT ONCE!!”
I could hear them catching up.
Panicking, I grabbed the nail, and fought Heidi to nail her last foot to the cross.
“Heidi please!” I pleaded.
And she did. She did her best to hold her foot against the post as I hurriedly beat the last nail against the wood, deeper and deeper as the horses rode up behind me. With 1/3 of the nail left I heard horses sliding to a halt, and strong arms grabbing me, flinging me to the ground.
In the chaos I heard a loud familiar voice: “IN THE NAME OF JUPITER! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!”

Panting, I rolled over and looked upon our enemy, the reason for all this pain: Quintus Laterus. His poor camel lagged behind his guard, unfortunate to have been chosen to bear such bulk, because the camel could lay down low enough for him to mount… Quintus Laterus literally spilled over the sides of the camel, and gazed in terror at Heidi’s naked and beautiful body crucified before him. He clutched at his bulging throat, fat greedy fingers with oversized rings clinking against each other. “Take her down at once!…” But he faltered as he realized what we had done. My sister was too weak for speech.
I shouted over at him with a cruel grin on my face “by Imperial command you CANNOT take her down until she dies. You will NEVER possess her.”
He sat there in denial, never having expected to be thwarted so utterly. But as he gobbled stop his camel…his cruelty overcame his shock.
“I vowed to you…that I would take my revenge on you and your mother and am you miserable Gauls…I vowed to use HER and defile her, to possess her, to make her every living moment a torment for as long as her life would last…And her sister…. And her mother…. No mortal will suffer as she will suffer…I’ve had your mother and your sister…and you think this would stop me…?”
He looked at me with abominable glee.
“While this DOES please me…it is not enough…I swore you an oath…’ For as long as her life lasts’…And seeing how poorly you’ve done this…it will be long indeed…and you’ll be there to watch me…oh yes…and even participate, at my bidding.”
He rode his camel close up to Heidi, so that their faces were level. He reached out a disgusting watery claw and caressed her face, and she recoiled.
“You may have cheated me out of a bed, but you will pay DEARLY”…

Heidi suffered greater those next few days than anyone I’d ever known or heard of. Quintus devised every torment he could dream of, and for six days and nights he tormented her, until she went mad from pain and lack of sleep.
And yet, Heidi alone escaped his clutches. She alone never had to share his bed, and her torment was measured in days rather than decades. She saved her sister and our mother and me…

Juan 1234. If you have truly left the forum, I and your other readers must thank you for the many reading pleasures that your great talent has given us over the years. Wishing you all the best. Horseman68

Back
Top Bottom