New Here

Go to CruxDreams.com
When I signed up here, I kept entering nonsense until the name was accepted. Since it made no sense, I asked the administration to change the name, which was done immediately. Many thanks for that! I am now Ovid, a Roman poet who must have been a contemporary of Jesus Christ. He was a brilliant poet but also a failed existence. Fits me well.

You were a poet and did not know it :D

When I signed up here, I kept entering nonsense until the name was accepted. Since it made no sense, I asked the administration to change the name, which was done immediately. Many thanks for that! I am now Ovid, a Roman poet who must have been a contemporary of Jesus Christ. He was a brilliant poet but also a failed existence. Fits me well.
Ovid, rival of Virgil in being the greatest poet of the Golden Age of Latin, was banished in 8 AD from Rome to Tomis (now Constanţa, Romania) by decree of the emperor Augustus. Ovid wrote that the cause of his exile was carmen et error: "a poem and an error" (Tristia 2, 207 -Tristia means sorrows), probably the Ars Amatoria (a notoriously obscene extended poem) and a personal indiscretion or mistake. It has been speculated that the error was that Ovid had engaged in adultery with the Emperor's daughter, Julia the Elder, or with his granddaughter Julia the Younger; or had been witness to their adultery with someone else.
In any case, in 2017, the city of Rome, revoked the exile. (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-remotest-margins-of-the-roman-empire-revoked) so you can now return there anytime you like.

I've got a question. Maybe it's not the right place here.
Sometimes I find strange/interesting/confusing images in the net. Where can I asked the community where they belong to/where is the source?

Ovid, rival of Virgil in being the greatest poet of the SGolden Age of Latin, was banished in 8 AD from Rome to Tomis (now Constanţa, Romania) by decree of the emperor Augustus. Ovid wrote that the cause of his exile was carmen et error: "a poem and an error" (Tristia 2, 207 -Tristia means sorrows), probably the Ars Amatoria (a notoriously obscene extended poem) and a personal indiscretion or mistake. It has been speculated that the error was that Ovid had engaged in adultery with the Emperor's daughter, Julia the Elder, or with his granddaughter Julia the Younger; or had been witness to their adultery with someone else.
In any case, in 2017, the city of Rome, revoked the exile. (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-remotest-margins-of-the-roman-empire-revoked) so you can now return there anytime you like.
Yes, you're so true. I know that I'm great. I was just modest ;)

Ut quondam iuvenes, ita nunc, mea turba, puellae
Inscribant spoliis 'Naso magister erat.' Ars Amatoria III 811-12

'As once the boys, so now my crowd of girls -
let them inscribe on what they've won,
"Ovid was our Master!" '

I've got a question. Maybe it's not the right place here.
Sometimes I find strange/interesting/confusing images in the net. Where can I asked the community where they belong to/where is the source?
Probably 'Odds and Ends and Anything you Fancy'

"Ovid was our Master!" '
Oh my dearest, you are reading Ars Amatoria! That makes me hope for the most tender things! :devil-king:

"Ovid was our Master!" '

Oh my dearest, you are reading Ars Amatoria! That makes me hope for the most tender things! :devil-king:
Methinks Eulalia has a new love. I'm Jealous.

Non sint sine lege capilli - Ars Amatoria III 133

Back
Top Bottom