News From Margot

Go to CruxDreams.com
What is Red Feline?

I think a lot of people here know about Red Feline.
Way back in 1998 we released a video Red Feline On The Cross.

rfoctor07promo028.jpg

For its release we created a company,
Red Feline Pictures, and a website, RFPIX. Since then we have grown and we now release feature films that have our favorite elements in them, crucifixions. Like in Marty or The Death of St Eulalia.
Martyr015228.jpg
Currently our website RFPIX is inactive. We do have a site:
http://redfeline.com
where we sell our videos... all of them, including the new feature films like
OlALLA.
OlaMakingOfCayara_3255.jpg
I guess it is time to do some historical updating on
Red Feline.
In future posts I'll put be mentioning a lot of what we have been doing since 1998. I leave you with an early image of Camille, in the Via Crucis of Camille, a series which were originally shot in 1997 as rehearsal videos for a feature film.
VCOC10p350.jpg

Margot

welcome Margot - looking forward to learning about the background to some wonderful films.

I think the film was Martyr, not Marty :D

A small point - some of us prefer to view the Forums on white background (default),
and light colours like yellow are hardly visible for us. If you use colour,
best to choose tints from the middle of the range on the menu.

welcome Margot - looking forward to learning about the background to some wonderful films.
I think the film was Martyr, not Marty :D
A small point - some of us prefer to view the Forums on white background (default), and light colours like yellow are hardly visible for us. If you use colour, best to choose tints from the middle of the range on the menu.

Yes indeed, I meant Martyr

I did not know about the white background. So... no more yellows or light colors. I didn't know full size pictures were not permitted in posts... and it got me into trouble with my first posts here.

Ok.. so.
. The Via Crucis of Camille
VCOC09p231.jpg
The Via Crucis of Jane
ViaCrucisOfJane02pic316.jpg

And
The Via Crucis of Mila
VCOM01_220.jpg
are some of the films we have at
http://redfeline.com

For those who have been following the antics of Camille, JJ, Jane, Gabrielle... the story of Red Feline is very well known. For those who are not familiar with us, an all too brief review of the events that got us to where we are, should be enlightening.

JJ, as he was known then, after 1998, is a filmmaker who had been very active for a long time, before the times of video, internet and so on. His very first film, a docu-nightmare, as he describes it, a film set in Haiti, was very successful in the festival circuit, was sold to TV in the US and Europe, and won him awards. In that film there is a crucifixion.
kriKrak464.jpg
So, he set his eyes to shoot two feature films, one in Bolivia and the other in Cuba. That's where it got interesting. The film he wanted to shoot in Cuba had a great script. It called for a very special young woman to play the main character. In that story there was a Crucifixion. While in Bolivia, unable to raise the money for the Bolivian feature, he settled for a television mini series. That's when he met Camille. She played the main female character in the miniseries, as well as her twin sister who is tortured and killed.
hdlposter04.jpeg
That encounter was critical. JJ saw in Camille the potential actress for the role of Maricelli, the film he was dreaming of doing. The film tells the story of a young woman in colonial times Cuba who has a fascination with martyrs and who somehow ends up crucified. JJ needed to visualize the mechanics of a crucifixion in film. Something that he would need to orchestrate. Before Camille he experimented with me.
PoMHCR0200141028.png
Time passed so I was no longer in the age of Maricelli. However Camille was, and she agreed to begin a series of video sketches for a crucifixion.
TrainingCamille10p120.jpg
To be continued...

The continuing story of Red Feline.
After the release of the TV miniseries JJ and Camille embarked on the adventure of working the mechanics of a crucifixion for a film.
VCOC04_012.jpg
There were two critical elements to consider. The actual event, which means Camille had to go through all the stages for a crucifixion,
VCOC05_041.jpg
the scourging,​

VCC08_282.jpg
nailing,
VCOC10p267.jpg
raising of the patibulum,
VCOC10p323.jpg
nailing of the feet and,
VCOC10p361.jpg
of course, the agony of the cross.​

This began sometime at the end of 1995 until 1997. At that time JJ was preparing a feature film and a TV series, he was teaching film at a university. It was a busy time, searching for funds and all of that work which was mostly frustrating.
He also worked in three documentaries in the tropics of Bolivia, ecological documentaries.

Part of the shooting of those sketches for a crucifixion were shot in France. Most of them in Bolivia. It was a progressive work. It was never intended to be released in any shape or form. They were very intimate, intense videos made for the benefit of the actress who was developing her skills, and the director who was trying to give shape to his vision.

To be continued.

Attachments

• VCOC10p268.jpg
    VCOC10p268.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 3,671
Hello, Margot. Been a while since I've seen a post from you on another site. Great to see you on this one. Being an "original" RF fan, it is good to see a little history further back than I was aware (ten years?) Please also update us on what the future holds (with some pics, please!), such as Justine and Monxa Mala. Thanks

Hello, Margot. Been a while since I've seen a post from you on another site. Great to see you on this one. Being an "original" RF fan, it is good to see a little history further back than I was aware (ten years?) Please also update us on what the future holds (with some pics, please!), such as Justine and Monxa Mala. Thanks

Nice to read your comment. Yes, I will be updating on our new projects as well as shedding some light on the old ones. We're preparing to shoot Justine very soon:
JustineFirstPoster.jpg JustineMakingOf003.jpg JustineMakingOf005.jpg JustineMakingOf006.jpg
We're also preparing another film by Amy: Pygmalion, yes, based on Shaw's play of the same name.
PygmalionProvPoster02.jpg
We're also very, very busy promoting our latest, OLALLA.
BanerPremier.jpg
Monxa Mala is what we will consider Maleficarum II. In fact the title of the movie will be Maleficarum II - Monxa Mala. Another tale of the Inquisition in South America.
Maleficarum0691.jpg
But that's not all, of course. Out team has grown, we have a large crew, both, for production and post production; our cast is also growing, so we need to keep a pace of work that can keep everyone employed. We're no longer a two, three people production team where one person does the work of ten. We now have a lot of people to do their specialized work.
OlaMakingOfCayara_2775.jpg OlaMakingOfCayara_3164.jpg OlaMakingOfCayara_3321.jpg
More later.

Before Jan and Amy (Jane) worked on Romana Cruxifixa Est, they went looking for locations and they found a great place, far away from the city, but not so far that they couldn't go there one morning, shoot their film and leave at the end of the afternoon.
RomanaCrucifixaSet01p018.jpg RomanaCrucifixaSet01p035.jpg RomanaCrucifixa101.jpg RomanaCrucifixa142.jpg RomanaCrucifixa169.jpg
They did a photo shoot in said location, using those areas they felt that could be used for the video and posted some of those images in some places like Crux Foundation.
RomanaCrucifixa212.jpg RomanaCrucifixa249.jpg RomanaCrucifixa330.jpg RomanaCrucifixa332.jpg RomanaCrucifixa340.jpg
The images inspired some friends to use them in their work and that was the result.

I do so appreciate these 'backgrounds' to the films -
the films themselves are of course wonderful,
but as a woman I'm fascinated by the experiences of the actresses,
in the process of making the films, you're bringing it to life for me.​

I do so appreciate these 'backgrounds' to the films -
the films themselves are of course wonderful,
but as a woman I'm fascinated by the experiences of the actresses,
in the process of making the films, you're bringing it to life for me.​
You have right. The film is very, very good.

Back
Top Bottom