News From Margot

Go to CruxDreams.com

April is here and the world still hopes for the best ... or at least for a bit of relief. So, it is not strange that since the beginning of the year, our courageous trio tried to get back to the set for the brand new film CruXtreme V - The Playmates, but it hasn't been easy, to say the least.

However, they celebrated Mila's birthday and father's day a couple of weeks ago, with rum, cake and lots of love. Jac joked about how they were breaking a record... One Scene In Three Months! At least they completed that elusive 1st scene for the new film. It appears that they will be back in the set sometime in April. It appears. Nothing is for sure anymore.

Why were they celebrating father's day in March? Because on March 19th is father's day in Bolivia and both, Jac and Erix are fathers. It wasn't a big celebration, just the sexy trio and Erix.

What became clear to Jac during the celebration is that the time for the film in development, 69 An Erotic Year, is coming and coming fast. However, it depends in the rate of vaccinations in the country, Jac wants a full cast and crew for this movie because the new eminently sexy story has crowded scenes which certainly will need the full participation of a solid crew, including a DP, AD, Make Up person and a couple of Costumes experts, not to mention a bunch of assistants. Some of those scenes take place in a club, there's a wedding... and so on.

Provost Sorry to learn of the virus’s proximity...be safe, be well. Looking forward to your new work..

The virus remains in close proximity. Dani's family being the most affected in our circle of friends and family. That's one reason why the production of the new film was constantly postponed. It will be like this until they are all vaccinated, hopefully soon.

Meanwhile, the tireless director and editor, Jac, of course, is busy with the post production of CruXtreme III - The Callback, Dani's favorite film so far; she says that it is the film she enjoyed doing the most, so far, and the one that caused her the utmost pain. This is the film where she's made to sit on a spiky chair to be beaten and whipped, made to stand on that chair to be scourged, set up on the Strappado position to be breast tortured with barbed wire, to then be impaled, nailed hands and feet and have the barbed wire wrapped around her neck and mouth. Pretty bloody, yes.

The post production of this film turned out to be more complicated than Jac thought. He's fine cutting it, as well as working with all that sound, practically composing the music track for the story, a new skill he developed, and he thinks he should be releasing it sometime before the end of the month. I should be announcing a release date in a couple of weeks.

Frank He could also work on making some trailers for all those newer films that don't have one. I'd think that's the first thing you would do if i'd be selling films - also i can't imagine it to be that time-consuming or difficult. Just my 2 cents :)

When the output was something like ONE movie release per year, there was some time to edit trailers, not to mention having the multi-talented Amy the Heskinator around, with her own powerful computer, to do the editing of trailers, if Jac couldn't. She was also in charge of setting up the films in our stores, which can be time consuming and cumbersome. Still, back then people complained because of the time it took to release a new film, almost a year after the production was over.

Jac is working all by himself now. He produces, directs, does the camera and sound work, acts, and does all the post production, editing, audio work, which is complex, sets up the films for the stores, and so on and so forth.

I understand Mila is completing a complex academic training in all things media, like editing films, for instance, and Jac might put her in charge of some of the technical work.

Dani is more into the promoting and producing field, she knows what is needed, but someone has to provide her with the elements she needs to do her job, like trailers, key art and so on. She will be more involved in that area of the work in the near future, beginning with the long postponed theatrical release of Amy's film Pygmalion.

Maybe things will change soon, when the new team is re-organized to produce the bigger films, a couple of big documentaries like the ones done for NatGeo and a long overdue and highly ambitious Television series. One issue that has to be resolved is the acquiring of new computers to have a tight crew of people doing the work that Jac is doing all alone for now.

Jac is going modest for now, with Red Feline Pictures productions like the CruXtreme series where only three people are the entire cast and crew and he does all the artistic and technical work. Dani and Mila can't really help, maybe before the camera starts rolling. They are mostly tied up, chained up, nailed up... in other words, they can't do much except scream, cry and suffer.

CruXtremeII - The Roommate came up as one of the best sellers during the month of March. The very intense film where Dani suffers The Rack in very creative and increasingly painful ways. It's the second film in the series, far more brutal than the first, if that's possible, bloodier, and yet, Dani thinks the third in the series was the most difficult.

The number ONE best seller for both, February and March is none other than JUSTINE!

This film is quickly rising up and it wants to match Maleficarum, the reigning best seller of ALL TIME.

Having those two films as the best sellers of all time is an indication of our followers preferences. De Sade and the Inquisition are the two subjects that bring in the crowds. Interesting. Will that translate in more productions of that kind? Elaborate, expensive, beautifully shot films with big casts and crews and huge production values ... well, they both have Amy as the star.

Those are difficult films to make because of the costs, the far off and exotic locations, the medieval sets, the complicated props and all of that. If Jac manages to raise the funds for a new film like that we might have another inquisition or De Sade movie. We shall see in the coming months.

In the meantime, we have something like 45 great films in our catalogue.

One that sells well, but for some reason lags behind other films is Amy's amazing film OLALLA. A highly praised film, with great acting, solid story by Amy herself, based on a short story by Robert Louis Stevenson, of Jekyll and Hyde fame, two very sexy ladies in the leading roles, Amy herself and beautiful Mila, and a dramatic burning at the stake sequence.

I will have more news in the coming days... weeks. I practically didn't update about our work for more than a month. Hopefully I'll be updating more during the coming weeks. I get too busy sometimes. Maybe the time has come to recruit some help.

Get our DVDs!
http://bit.ly/1PpswWE

DOWNLOAD our films!
http://bit.ly/1JADqCK

Red Feline Pictures
http://bit.ly/2k4LLwc

Watch Our Films at Vimeo
http://bit.ly/1M7xmpu

We truly live in uncertain times. The Red Feline cast can't get together for more extreme fun and torture. Or, should I say, extremely tortured fun?

The culprit is our now extremely familiar and active pandemic that doesn't let go. More family members of one of the sexy trio have fallen under the curse of the century and because she was in close contact with at least one of them, she couldn't freely interact with her cast chums while waiting to be tested and all the process of making sure the virus didn't take hold of her.

The good part is that none of her beloved family members, her grandparents, her father and a cousin, got very sick. Yes, she has grandparents still. In fact, the elder of them all, who tested positive, doesn't even know she has it. No symptoms. Still, the situation sucks big time. Which doesn't mean that the exceptionally gifted troika, if I may describe them as such, are stagnant.

While Mila is engaged in her education, with a lot of technical learning, online, in the area of media and art and Dani is collaborating in a the writing of a play, long distance, as well as working on her TV show, from home, Jac is close to finish the post production of CruXtreme III - The Callback, a film that brings forth a flood of emotions to the famous editor/director, emotions that he doesn't know how to deal with. Specially these days, when his exquisite playmates are not around to play those incredibly sexy games with him.

Eulalia Covid's having a chilling effect on our lives in so many ways - but it's good to know everyone's safe, and eager to make progress. Isn't Dani wonderful?

Dani is becoming more and more famous in her city and country. A major newspaper gave her a full page with a nice interview and tons of pictures. The printed version can be seen in the picture below. The online version at the link:

In the long interview she talks about the challenges of both, theater and movie acting. Two different experiences for her. I might have it translated sometime soon but I think you can get google to translate the entire page.

In the midst of all the drama we're all in, there's a ray of light fighting through the dark clouds and even if things will never go back to how they were before the pandemic, maybe we're going to be better prepared for the future, with all its pitfalls.

In our specific case, we have plans, big and little plans, and we're working out ways of implementing them. We're learning of new tools available for independent artists whose visions are not necessarily shared by those who could make things happen. Jac enjoys the total creative freedom he has working in his films, both, the small, Red Feline Pictures movies and those bigger movies made through VermeerWorks. He plans to keep both production models going strong.

We did some fundraising for past high value productions like JUSTINE, OLALLA, Pygmalion, and others. It was because of the support of our fans that we could engage in movies of their magnitude. We plan to return to that kind of work in different ways. We will have campaigns, like we had before, for specific films, but we will also go for what we can describe as Seed Money Campaign.

With that project in mind, we're looking into one of those new tools, one that is used by some people we know, like the artist known as Darthsaad.

Sometime at the beginning of the year, Erix, of OLALLA, Dead But Dreaming fame, said to Jac Why don't you join Paetron? You could raise good steady cash with it.

Jac didn't know what Erix was talking about, so the young man began to explain what it was and how it works. Mentioning that it was similar to IndieGoGo, but that Jac could raise money all the time, not just for one project at a time. To make a long story short, after much discussing, over a couple of months, Jac decided that yes, he'll set up a Patreon account to raise seed money for projects, hoping that we have enough supporters out there to make it happen.

I will bring this issue up again ... and again... and again... with all the intriguing details as they come up. The idea is gestating at this point.

Meanwhile, one way to support the work, is, of course, getting our movies.

In the second film of the CruXtreme Series, CruXtreme II - The Roommate. After a number of truly nasty tortures on the rack, in ways that the medieval instrument of torture wasn't designed for, the painfully racked girl is ready for a really nasty crucifixion. Can a rack turned into a crucifixion instrument? Apparently yes.

What more painful indignities can Dani suffer still? Nailed and stretched on the rack? Really?

zaniaqwerty Is Jac actually having sex with Dani in some of the stills?

I'm not sure about which stills you are referring to. However, in the films, some, ehem, ... well, ... most films, including Olalla, Barbazul, Dead But Dreaming, there are scenes where Jac has on screen sex with the leading female characters in those films.

In CruXtreme I, there's a scene where Jac and Dani are engaged in sex. In CruXtreme II - The Roommate, Jac rapes Dani, in CruXtreme V, Jac has sex with Dani and Mila. Is it real? Like actual penetration and all that jazz? Not as far as I know, even if sometimes it looks pretty real to me and yet I know it's not, of course, it is acting .... or is it?

Frank It's all good, i just think trailers (which can be as basic as a few snippets cut together) are the most important promotion and sales tool you have in this industry. I'm a 100% sure Jac is missing out a significant number of sales - i for one would never buy a movie without having seen a trailer or extensive screenshots, both which are missing on most of your or the Vermeer sites. I'd argue most of your potential customers are not even on here, so for example don't even know where the blog is etc. I mean, in the time it took you to write above post, i could have edited two trailers, so could have you :)

The major movies, like

Maleficarum

JUSTINE

OLALLA

And others, have trailers available, both at:

We have trailers for most of the Red Feline Pictures movies, like Red Feline On The Cross and others.

We couldn't put them in our channel in Youtube and we are not offering those films at Vimeo. There was a time when we had a video player in our site, RFPIX, and trailers could be loaded there and people could see them. We're looking for alternatives now.

One thing we learned early enough is that having a trailer did not increase sales, really. Most of the releases have a peak in the first three months from their release. After that sales go 'normal', a steady sale of titles in relatively constant numbers. Some titles, like JUSTINE, maintain a high rate of sales.

It is true that many people would like to see a trailer, but in our experience, that does not affect sales in a big way. It is also true that we might be able to reach more people if we had trailers, so, as soon as we work out the details of where/how to put them, we will.

Get our DVDs!
http://bit.ly/1PpswWE

DOWNLOAD our films!
http://bit.ly/1JADqCK

Red Feline Pictures
http://bit.ly/2k4LLwc

Watch Our Films at Vimeo
http://bit.ly/1M7xmpu

About the trailers discussion

This is an experiment.

One of the films we have, FANTOM, has not been a favorite of our fans, maybe because of the lack of blood.
However, as part of an experiment, we uploaded the trailer to Vimeo.

You can watch it in the link below.

I'm playing with this now, building a page in our site, specifically for this film:

I will build pages for ALL the films, in time, with full descriptions, pictures and... TRAILERS!

http://redfeline.com/all-the-films-a-preview/fantom/

I wonder if it's only the lack of blood - while the film gives lots of opportunity for Jane to writhe beautifully, there's not much of a story, no chance for her to reveal a personality, I think it's the 'humanity' of the girls that makes Jac's finest films stand out, they're not just pretty bodies being deliciously tortured, though of course there's plenty of that, but they are real, believable characters too.

The Red Feline cast eagerly awaits for the moment they will return to the set to continue with the production of CruXtreme V - The Playmates, where Mila joins the characters in CruXtreme I - The Playroom to submit herself to an extensive and sweaty session of torture... will it be bloody? Well... CruXtreme I certainly is.

Most of our films are really bloody. A very few, extremely few, are not. One of those movies where no blood was used is FANTOM.

I recently mentioned that maybe the lack of bloody tortures is one reason why that wonderful film is not as popular as the others. Don't get me wrong, it does have sales, but not as often as most of the films where blood abounds.

Eulalia I wonder if it's only the lack of blood - while the film gives lots of opportunity for Jane to writhe beautifully, there's not much of a story, no chance for her to reveal a personality, I think it's the 'humanity' of the girls that makes Jac's finest films stand out, they're not just pretty bodies being deliciously tortured, though of course there's plenty of that, but they are real, believable characters too.

Many of the films, including the now classic Red Feline On The Cross did not have much of a story in the Aristotelian sense of the word. The story in films like our first big release in the genre of BDSM and torture, is mostly the methodical torturing of the beautiful body in ever increasing pain as brought to live by the physical actions of the performers, from beginning to end.

In the case of FANTOM the story is basic and has a beginning very much in the line of a regular horror film, a young woman falls sleep while reading a book. Suddenly, a masked man appears in her room, strangles her until she looses consciousness.

The young woman wakes up tied up in a room. What happens next is a nightmare of prolonged painful and varied torture. Very basic indeed.

Other films have similar structures with very little introduction and dedicated to a series of sequences where the beautiful female victims are subjected to a large variety of torments and ending in fantasy of fantasies, the agony of martyrdom. Films like Romana Crucifixa Est, Red Room, all the Via Crucis of Camille videos have in common is the drawing of blood. Bloody whippings, bloody crucifixions, bloody tortures.

The high production value movies, like Dead But Dreaming, Maleficarum, Olalla, etc, have intricate and elaborate stories, with full fledge characters that interact in dramatic situations. All the actors have a chance to play complex characters. These films are not torture based. They have a great stories set in different times and cultures.

What was surprising to Jac way back is that Martyr Or The Death Of St Eulalia, the very first film that was more complex, with a very dramatic and interesting story, beautifully shot and had performances that rival any dramatic film, did not have the reception he expected when it came out. It became very popular outside of our until then regular market. It went to festivals, in one of those festivals Jac's master piece caught the attention of none other than the now legendary Amy Hesketh and the rest is history.

What I'm trying to say is that the films where beautiful bodies are under horribly bloody torture, the bloodier the better, sell more than beautiful bodies deliciously tortured without blood.

There's an akin situation with the high production value movies. Films like Maleficarum and JUSTINE, where the sadistic doings are the central themes of those movies, sell better than let's say Olalla or Barbazul where the stories have torture in them but those tortures are not the central theme. Dead But Dreaming is somewhere in the middle.

Another film that doesn't appeal as much as the others is The Via Crucis of Mila, it was shot around the time when Maleficarum and Le Marquis were produced.

Jac was very fond of the location where he and Amy shot, in one day, Romana Crucifixa Est and, later on, the burning at the stake scene for Maleficarum. One of those days, while Amy was away somewhere, Jac got inspired and took Mila to that location to make a quickie, The Via Crucis of Mila. Also shot in one afternoon. She's wonderful in it but there was no blood at all, unlike Romana Crucifixa Est where Amy is crucified with nails and flogged bloody.

Mila's film is not a big seller. No Blood.

One film that has plenty of bloody scenes is, Agent X starring our amazing Amy, credited as Jane Von Detlefson and made before all the big production value movies. I just uploaded the trailer to Vimeo, but it is not public in that site. It can only be seen in the sites where I decide to place it. I will be setting up all the trailers we have, plus those that we will be making soon, in our sites and wherever I can post them.

Frank Great idea and i'm sure a decision you won't regret ! Just one more little thing: I'd make sure to include those previews on all your sales pages/sites too, be it the Vermeer site, your download page or the DVD page. I think that's where it counts most, as those pages are the ones where a sale might happen, gotta make it easy for your customers (the K.I.S.S. principle). :)

As I mentioned before, all the major movies, like

Maleficarum

JUSTINE

OLALLA

and others, have trailers available, both at

Vimeo

Youtube

Get our DVDs!

DOWNLOAD our films!

Red Feline Pictures

Watch Our Films at Vimeo

Thanks Margot. Yes, Martyr, Maleficarum, Olalla and Justine were just the films I had in mind. It's interesting - perhaps not surprising - that they aren't necessarily the best-sellers, compared to more straightforwardly 'bloody' bdsm, though they seem to still have steady sales? But those films with more character and story are ones I can watch again and again, I think people who buy them may watch them more times than the 'bloody' ones!

You are clearly a Troll. You are ruining other people's threads. I can't think of a single reason why an idiot like you should be tolerated on this site any longer. I'm just gathering the evidence before I delete all your posts and kick you off the site permanently.

With the words of Michael Scott: (Slams table) THANK YOU!

Torture Bloody Torture

What I'm trying to say is that the films where beautiful bodies are under horribly bloody torture, the bloodier the better, sell more than beautiful bodies deliciously tortured without blood.
May I be so bold as to suggest "The Passion of Isabel" is a worthy contender in the genre???
So young, so beautiful, so pure, so ultimately destroyed on the Altar of Sadism:aplastao:

Last edited:

I brought up the subject of blood vs no blood in our films to argue that films like FANTOM do not sell the same way as films like the new exceedingly bloody film CruXtreme II - The Roommate or a favorite oldie like the tremendously intense Agent X do on a frequent basis. The bloody films go out regularly while the non bloody movies sell at a rather slow pace.

Eulalia Thanks Margot. Yes, Martyr, Maleficarum, Olalla and Justine were just the films I had in mind. It's interesting - perhaps not surprising - that they aren't necessarily the best-sellers, compared to more straightforwardly 'bloody' bdsm, though they seem to still have steady sales? But those films with more character and story are ones I can watch again and again, I think people who buy them may watch them more times than the 'bloody' ones!

I didn't mean to imply that the high production value films like Maleficarum are not good sellers. They are HUGE sellers. Maleficarum and JUSTINE are the biggest sellers of all time for us, together with our very first film Red Feline On The Cross and I expect they will continue to be thus for a long while.

There's another issue at play when comparing the big production movies with the bloody BDSM "smaller" films. Those "smaller" films are the ones that make it possible to make the big ones and for many reasons.

The production of Martyr Or The Death of St Eulalia was possible because Red Feline On The Cross and the Red Feline Faces The Inquisition series made lots of dough. There was enough cash for Jac to go to France to cast two leading actors and to fly most of the principal cast from France and Bolivia to NY, lodging and feeding them for over a month plus extra expenses. Most importantly, Jac could finally buy a more sophisticated SD digital camera, a tripod, a crane, rent a great set of movie lights and even hire a camera operator.

But even then, when that big production was going on, Jac did not stop producing the no-budget BDSM films. Just before buying the new camera and shooting Martyr, Jac and Vero worked in the very bloody four part series Seven Days on the Cross, and shortly after shooting Martyr they worked in the two part series CruxBride, not bloody at all. CruxBride was shot with the new camera and the lights Jac rented for Martyr.

In 2005 a totally new adventure began.

Jac took Martyr and another film he produced, Nocturnia, to international film festivals including two in Bolivia. It was during that period of time when he was contacted by NatGeo to produce a docudrama, set in the 60's, about an epidemic in the amazonian part of Bolivia. Jac needed North American actors to play the US doctors that investigated the epidemic and found the deadly virus. Many candidates answered the casting call, including one who was Irish. He showed up with an intriguing female companion ... Amy Hesketh, who ended up joining Jac for a decade of exciting work.

Between 2006 and 2008 Jac and Amy worked in a few BDSM bloody movies, including Red Room, The Perils of Jane in the Green Inferno and AristoCrux. The new productions were the backbone for what was to come. In addition, the jump from the SD digital camera to more sophisticated HD cameras was made. Two cameras joined the Canon used in Martyr. Later a fourth camera was added to the pack but it was not the end of camera acquiring.

Jac was planning bigger films back then, he was toying with some ideas; however, Amy had a great story for a low budget feature and proposed it to Jac. A romantic S&M story very much in line with a couple of her favorite movies and books. Jac loved the story and the dynamic duo began work for the production of Sirwiñakuy, Amy's first film as director.

Amy wanted Vero to play the lead female character with Jac in the leading male role, Amy loved the chemistry Vero had with Jac in Martyr.

Vero and her baby daughter were flown to Bolivia from France, she had two suites in the best hotel in town. A few scenes were shot in that hotel.

In November of 2008, the production of the first feature of the new cycle of movie making was on its way.

Vero arrived in November 2008 for a two month stay. While preparing to shoot the new film, Jac asked Vero to try a dress Amy found at the large open air fair up in the Andes, where you can find anything from socks to tractors, at a low price. Amy and Jac visited that fair frequently to find vintage clothing, antiques and whatever they found interesting, including strange furniture. One of those finds was a bride's dress from the 1930's.

Jac asked Vero to try the dress. She did. "you look like a ghost" he said admiring her beautiful pale face framed by her long black hair. At that moment he thought of an idea, a ghost story. Soon after Sirwiñakuy was completed, Amy, Vero and Jac were in the castle in the rain forrest, where AristoCrux was filmed a few months before, to shoot the ghost story, Specters of Blood Castle, which was shot in only three nights.

As if that wasn't enough, the trio also worked on Double Cross and Cross and Barbed Wire.

Sirwiñakuy went into post production, but production work did not stop. Amy and Jac worked on Agent X as well as The Via Crucis of Jane I and II. They were also toying with the idea of making a film about a Marquis.

In 2010 Amy had another script ready, Barbazul. Jac was working on his own script loosely based on Jekyll and Hyde, he titled it Dolores' Cage. It was going to have Mila and Amy as leading characters. This is before Mila did any acting work, Jac was training her to play a leading role as one of the wives of Barbazul.

But then Ralphus, of GIMP fame, contacted Amy, offered some nice cash if she would be roasted alive in an inquisition film... and Maleficarum was born.Dolores' Cage was put aside.

As busy as Jac and Amy were preparing to shoot Barbazul, they added the new film about the inquisition to their schedule. Amy worked for 30 days to make all the period clothing for that film while Jac went around getting the locations. When the great location was found, Amy got busy building the main torture instruments, the Rack and the Spanish Horse.

By the time Vero arrived to work on Barbazul, the team was already busy with the production about the best film ever dealing with the infamous Holy Office also known as The Inquisition.

At the very end of 2010 and for the next few months, our team produced three expensive films. Maleficarum, Barbazul, Le Marquis De La Croix.

Although Ralphus contribution to Maleficarum was inspiring enough to begin that project, the production of the inquisition film needed a load of cash, so did Barbazul a film that had a large cast, a far away location and much more.

Sirwiñakuy was released theatrically in July of 2010 and by December it had been playing at the big screen for 5 months straight and it was very popular. It was bringing in cash on a weekly basis. In addition, films like Agent X, released the year before, were bringing solid cash to the company as well. It was so nice, that after the team was done with Barbazul and Maleficarum, and when they were about to leave the wonderful dungeon, Jac said wisely ... Let's make another film in this location! And so it was. Amy directed Jac and Mila in Le Marquis De La Croix.

The production of big films take time. The process of preparing, writing and approving a script can take months, even years. Then comes the funding of the big idea, the casting, the location scouting and so on. Making those films is not the same as making a movie in Jac's house, with one actress and no script.

Deciding what film to make is not an easy task either. And yet, in 5 years, between the end of 2010 and the end of 2015, Amy and Jac produced 7 big production value films: Maleficarum, Barbazul, Le Marquis De La Croix, Dead But Dreaming, Olalla and including the two that were made, back to back, at the end of 2015, Pygmalion and JUSTINE. That's more than one big film per year.

All those films were released theatrically, went to festivals, got great reviews and were covered by international film magazines like Fangoria.

Making so many big production value movies in such a short time is an incredibly big and expensive task. None of those costly films lost money, two of them are the biggest sellers in our catalogue, they all make money. Individually, they make more money than any of the BDSM simple films; but these simple films are not exactly easy to make either. It may take a few weeks to produce them, and few months to edit them, but they do not cost an arm and a leg and they don't need an elaborate production plan. So, it's fairly simple to come up with an idea, without a script, and just shoot it. Because the "smaller" BDSM films do not cost a lot of money, they bring in good steady income which makes it possible to jump into bigger productions, like Jac is preparing to do now.

nardnob Margot said: What I'm trying to say is that the films where beautiful bodies are under horribly bloody torture, the bloodier the better, sell more than beautiful bodies deliciously tortured without blood.
May I be so bold as to suggest "The Passion of Isabel" is a worthy contender in the genre??? So young, so beautiful, so pure, so ultimately destroyed on the Altar of Sadism

The set for Maleficarum, Le Marquis De La Croix and JUSTINE, was still in Jac's control after Amy left in 2015. The administrators did not mind him storing the torture instruments he used in JUSTINE in the location. In 2016 Jac was busy with another NatGeo project and working on the post production for JUSTINE.

When he was done with NatGeo it was already 2017, he decided to do something in the set before giving it up. Bea was willing to work on a film and Jac had a great and simple story The Passion of Isabel.

The Passion of Isabel became the first film of the new cycle, without Amy, and it had a cast and crew of two, Bea and Jac.... that's all. Like Amy and Jac before in a number of movies, or Camille and Jac in another whole bunch.

When JUSTINE was released theatrically, Dani saw it at the Cinemateca fell in love with it, and contacted Jac, she wanted to work with him in films like that. And so, the new cycle went into high gear and with a low budget but complex movie, Monxa Mala.

The now smaller, yet very active team of Dani, Mila and Jac, is presently busy with a bunch BDSM bloody films like CruXtreme I - The Playground, CruXtreme II - The Roommate, already out in our stores. CruXtreme III - The Callback, CruXtreme IV - Another Roommate, Crux Simplex (For Two) all of them already in the can and in post and CruXtreme V - Playmates, presently in production. Not satisfied with that, they are preparing a few big production value films which will have bigger cast and crews: 69 Anneé Érotique, Diabolicas, Casa De Fieras, Teresa De La Cruz, Aventura, Sagarnaga, amongst them. There are more stories in mind but those come to mind right now. We have 46 film in our stores catalogue, ten of those are high production value films, theatrically released. All of them produced between 1996 and 2021, that's 16 years, that makes it almost 3 films per year, not counting the 15 documentaries, the miniseries and the other feature films we produced, including a few shorts and a good number of music videos. I think we're pretty busy. One thing I'm pretty sure is that for one reason or another, all of them are watched over and over and over again.

http://redfeline.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/CEIISc16_0252_00154718-1024x576.jpg

Get our DVDs!

DOWNLOAD our films!

Red Feline Pictures

Watch Our Films at Vimeo

Last edited:

It goes like this. After a couple of weeks of not producing, because of a number of reasons, mostly health related, in other words, Covid, the small and yet eager to make it big cast and crew of the new film in production CruXtreme V - The Playmates got together for the second scene in the movie, having completed the first scene weeks before. The shoot went well. It was a lot of fun. After the shooting, they planned to meet next day to continue with the scene. Jac considered that it would take at least three days to do all the shots needed. After that second scene is done, the plan is to shoot the final scene of the movie because it takes place in the same sub location, the bedroom. Only then, they will move to the torture room, or as Jac calls it, the playroom.

They were all committed to meet the next day; however, the next morning Dani was having a bout of fever, muscle pain and other issues. Jac himself felt he had a bad cold and news came from the TV station where Dani hosts her TV Show, that one of the co-hosts tested positive. Panic ensued once again. Shooting was cancelled and Dani made arrangements to be tested, for the N time, for the virus that has no plans to leave the planet.

Dani tested negative, Jac's cold went away, Mila is doing fine, so, maybe, they'll get together again sometime soon. Maybe.

Jac had his first shot of vaccination the week before and the second shot is due in a few days. That's one good thing. Dani and Mila's age group should be vaccinated in a matter of weeks. That will help to get back to some form of normal.

Jac was checking the images they shot that fun evening and one of them made an impression on him, actually two of them, so he decided to play with those screenshots for the concept of a new film in the works, Diabólicas. He made a tentative Key Art for that particular idea roaming in his head with those two pictures, maybe he'll begin writing the script soon, right now it's only a concept... in his head.

But that's not all Jac was busy with. He's almost done with the post production for CruXtreme III - The Callback. The plan is to release it early next week, if all goes well with the final touches.

Jac teasingly told Dani that in one scene she received over 400 lashes, and that's after he was done with the first cut of the scene. That's too much suffering, he told her, so he's cutting it way down.

The entire film was over two hours after the first cut. It's down to 1 hr and 57 minutes now. Jac plans to slash it down to 90 min or so this long weekend.

As he goes over the edited shots, he's as merciless as he was during the shooting. Even if he likes some shots, he cuts them out or down as needed. While he does that, he ruminates over another idea that doesn't leave his head, one that is similar to what he's editing, a crucifixion, spread eagled, with impaling, but with something more dramatic going on... undoable, he thinks, but fun to consider it.

In CruXtreme II - The Roommate, already out in our stores, Dani suffers gruesome torture, as some of you know, including a bloody crucifixion while on the (in)famous Rack<. After Dani's hands are properly nailed to the wood, the more extreme forms of torture begin. It gets truly nasty after that climatic moment in the story.

I'll have more to say in the coming days.

Get our DVDs!

DOWNLOAD our films!

Red Feline Pictures

Watch Our Films at Vimeo

as well as Seven Days on the Cross Five, an hour and a half version of the 7 DAYS series but as a stand alone film with the long awaited sequence of Varinia suffering impalement while she agonises nailed to the cross, the price she must pay for the water she's made to drink, drop by drop, from the wet and dirty rag that once covered her tortured body.​

Oh, can I buy this fifth film about Varinia anywhere?

December 16th, 2020, marked 5 years since Amy, the expatriate American, as she is described in Fangoria Magazine, left the remote mountains of Bolivia and changed the chaotic city of La Paz for the equally mountainous terrains of Washington State, in her home country.

A decade earlier, in November of 2005, she visited the ancient mining city of Oruro, in Bolivia, where a friend's insistence to see a film by Jac Avila, took them to the emerging International Film Festival Diablo De Oro where she saw Jac's film Martyr, Or The Death of St Eulalia. That event changed her life. Such was the impression she had from that film that she wrote about it in her blog:

Transformation and catharsis in Jac Avila's Martyr

But what causes someone to transform? If they do it out of necessity, what dictates the necessity? Is it a personal need, such as the character of Camille in Jac Avila's Martyr? Or is it something greater than themselves? If it's personal, does that make the transformation narcissistic? And how do we achieve catharsis from transformation?

Martyr is punctuated by photo sessions which provide the structure of Camille's transformation, and Camille's subsequent catharsis. In all of Gabrielle's shoots, we see the camera, the flash, we hear the clicking of the shutter, and the first of Camille's photoshoots has these elements as well. But as Camille approaches Eulalia through her work in the studio, the camera seems to fade from view, the click of the shutter is less frequent, we pass through the veil into Camille's private world, where she is becoming Eulalia, and nothing else matters or exists.

Continue reading in her blog

Ten years later, in November 2015, Amy was back at that festival in Oruro to present her latest film Olalla, the same film she presented in October of that very year,in Mexico, at the Feratum Film Festival, where she experienced another life changing event.

Just before going to the festival in Mexico, she directed Pygmalion and after returning to Bolivia and before the year was over, she played the lead role of the all suffering Justine in Jac's now classic film based in the famous De Sade's story.

Those 10 years between 2005 and 2015 were incredibly rewarding and productive for both, Amy and Jac, with 20 movies, 2 per year, and 8 of them mainstream movies that were screened in multiplexes and films festivals. We will explore those rewarding years, the evolution of their work and their influence in Amy's and our collective future.

http://redfeline.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/PygmalionVidCap01083710-1024x576.jpg

Get our DVDs!

DOWNLOAD our films!

Red Feline Pictures

Watch Our Films at Vimeo

The entire film was over two hours after the first cut. It's down to 1 hr and 57 minutes now. Jac plans to slash it down to 90 min or so this long weekend.

As he goes over the edited shots, he's as merciless as he was during the shooting. Even if he likes some shots, he cuts them out or down as needed. While he does that, he ruminates over another idea that doesn't leave his head, one that is similar to what he's editing, a crucifixion, spread eagled, with impaling, but with something more dramatic going on... undoable, he thinks, but fun to consider it.

Margot, call it just one fan's opinion, but it seems to me y'all are way undervaluing what lays on the cutting room floor!!! Why not take the released finished product, collect all the outtakes, and recompile into an extended 'Directors Cut' released six months or a year from now? Director's Cut including every slash of the whip, every drop of blood from the barbed wire, every inch of the impalement shaft, every puncture from the inquisitors probe, every pitiful agonized scream of the helplessly naked and hopelessly suffering martyr?

Guaranteed, there are LOTS of suckers like me who'd be more than happy to buy BOTH versions!!!
And that helpful suggestion pretty much goes for every film in your catalog... Cheers! :aplastao:

Last edited:

CruXtreme III - The Callback is coming soon!!! This Xtremely intense film starring Dani is on its last leg of post production before it is finally release to the world!

I will have the date of release in the next few days. Jac was laboring on this one for sometime now, he didn't think it would take so long to edit. One reason for the slowness of this process is because he has been working more with the sound. He's practically composing the soundtrack, and I don't mean the sound effects, I mean the music. He's playing with it a lot now.

Another reason is because after the having all the shots he needed properly set and cut, he had a very long film, over two and a half hours, so, he had to start the process of cutting it down. It meant re-arranging many shots, trimming others and that is time consuming. As I mentioned before, there was a scene where Dani received 400 lashes of the whip. 400! In one scene! I wonder how many she really received. That was the edited version. I know that the scene took a few days to shoot. I bet she received something like 1,000 lashes, just for that scene... and that happened while she was standing on the spiked chair.

nardnob Margot said: The entire film was over two hours after the first cut. It's down to 1 hr and 57 minutes now. Jac plans to slash it down to 90 min or so this long weekend. As he goes over the edited shots, he's as merciless as he was during the shooting. Even if he likes some shots, he cuts them out or down as needed. While he does that, he ruminates over another idea that doesn't leave his head, one that is similar to what he's editing, a crucifixion, spread eagled, with impaling, but with something more dramatic going on... undoable, he thinks, but fun to consider it.

Margot, call it just one fan's opinion, but it seems to me y'all are way undervaluing what lays on the cutting room floor!!! Why not take the released finished product, collect all the outtakes, and recompile into an extended 'Directors Cut' released six months or a year from now? Director's Cut including every slash of the whip, every drop of blood from the barbed wire, every inch of the impalement shaft, every puncture from the inquisitors probe, every pitiful agonized scream of the helplessly naked and hopelessly suffering martyr? Guaranteed, there are LOTS of suckers like me who'd be more than happy to buy BOTH versions!!!
And that helpful suggestion pretty much goes for every film in your catalog... Cheers!

That's an enticing proposition; however, a year is a pretty long time and there will be a few more movies during that time. What will most likely happen is that we'll have the out takes in some kind of Making Of the movie series of sequences. We might title that sequence The 400 Blows!

http://redfeline.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/CXIIIScreenShot20210602142454-1024x578.jpg

CruXtreme III, will be up in the store sometime next week. I will have the Key Art and all the promos to begin the launch as well. I know it's 90 minutes long.

Get our DVDs!

DOWNLOAD our films!

Red Feline Pictures

Watch Our Films at Vimeo

CruXtreme III - The Callback

i.jpg

I have great news for our loyal fans and everyone else, CruXtreme III The Callback, the movie that took sooooo long to get ready is out in the world!

A young actress shows up at a studio for a callback. She's aspiring to play the lead role in a film by a very famous and bizarre film director.

The young woman enters the dark studio and finds nobody there.

She calls out, there's no response. She looks around, there are chains and whips hanging on the walls, a wooden post stands tall in the center, the movie lights are on. She checks a studded platform by the post. She feels the metal studs with her fingers. She moves on, holds a leather whip in her hands, feels the cold metal shackles and chains next to the whips.

Out of the dark, the director appears behind her, tells her not to turn, he pulls a wooden stake and pressing it against her cheek, tells her that he picked her because he thinks she can take what is needed for the film, an extremely difficult film, but gives her the choice, to stay and take all the cruelty that the film demands, or to leave never to return.

She chooses to stay and thus begins what she could not have imagined. She will suffer what the character she will be playing has coming to her. A death sentence involving many excruciatingly painful and gut-wrenching tortures, every one of them could bring a merciful end to her torments.

Stripped of her clothing she's made to sit on the studded platform and her extreme suffering begins.

Will she endure the agonies of her slow and painful execution?

Download CruXtreme III - The Callback Now!

Get the DVD of CruXtreme III - The Callback Now!

Get our DVDs!

DOWNLOAD our films!

Red Feline Pictures

Watch Our Films at Vimeo

Kudos to you Margot, and Jac and Dani and everyone on Team Crux Extreme!

The Solstice (summer or winter, as your hemisphere may prefer) has historically proven the most reliably-predictable celestial festivus upon which to thrall in celebration of regularly-scheduled carnal crucifixions featuring nubile young maidens! :aplastao:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom